Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All this talk about Jon possibly becoming a Superman in the main universe and I'm thinking to myself it would've been nice to see him get a Superboy solo.
    This is what I wanted sincerely the age up, something focused or him before moving him into another position.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This is what I wanted sincerely the age up, something focused or him before moving him into another position.
    I mean....technically that's what Legion was supposed to be. But we saw how well that went.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All this talk about Jon possibly becoming a Superman in the main universe and I'm thinking to myself it would've been nice to see him get a Superboy solo.
    I mean nothing saying he can't get one similar to how Yara was Wonder Woman in Future State and in May is Wonder Girl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

neat! interested in seeing how the Kent brothers dynamic plays out in the show.

Still the most interesting take on older Jon that we've gotten so far. And that's saying something because of he and his brother both still feel less like real people and more like generic CW cutouts. I dunno, I was excited for this show at first but these trailers have made me feel kinda iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean nothing saying he can't get one similar to how Yara was Wonder Woman in Future State and in May is Wonder Girl.
    I think when Frontier said "Superboy", they meant kid Jon. Not fake. If that's done, and Yara is around the age of Jon at that point, then I would be interested in looking into it.

Lets face it, making her another teen Wonder Girl, when Cassie is running around, is like making Jon a mid-to-late teens when there's already Kara and Conner...

I would've given Teen Jon "Action Comics" or Kid Jon a "Superman and Son" title like what Damian got back with New 52's Batman and Robin.

I'm iffy about Jon becoming Superman II but I'm cool with him getting a solo.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Got to say watching the Superman & Lois first episode so far, I really like the Jon actor. Yeah he’s cocky but he’s also not a jerk, hope they can maintain that identity throughout the whole season.

One other thing about Jonathan in the show

spoilers:
    He’s not the one with powers, for now at least, it’s actually his brother Jordan.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-23-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

SUPER MUSTACHE in Legion today.

Also, the actor who plays Jon said that he's going to become a bit more reserved and to himself because of the move back to Smallville and because he's not the one who has powers (for now? Likely). We're likely gonna see him go through some stuff and do some growing up because up till this point he hasn't had adversity or not feeling included like this before in his life.

But when asked if he'd be suiting up he said that he's heard some rumors about where his character goes (he doesn't read the comics), and he find it interesting but says he knows nothing right now. Since there's two kids you get to give one a "slower burn" than the other, and build up to where you wanna go with them while not feeling so much pressure.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Live action actor just doesn't have hair.It's a nitpick.But,that hair was and is kinda jon's trademark look.I hope the guy grows it out.I am not holding my breath for it.Also,am gonna say jon not having powers is a-ok for me.I want a struggle.Checkout legion future state.It has jon in powerranger/super sentai like suit with mustasche.
    Edit-I am dreading them going byrne with jon kent in cw and not hugo danner.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-23-2021 at 10:02 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Oh did Superman and Lois come out today? Gotta give that a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It has jon in powerranger/super sentai like suit with mustasche.
    Okay, all biases against Bendis' Jon aside....That was an ugly design in an already ugly as **** book. I actually got excited when I heard "Jon Kent in a Sentai suit". I just didn't realize "Jon Kent in a Sentai suit" meant "something even more tacky than Zenkaiser".

And...honestly I only barely see the Tokusatsu connection. it's a very generic sci-fi kind of look but I wouldn't even compare it to early Sentai.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-23-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Okay, all biases against Bendis' Jon aside....That was an ugly design in an already ugly as **** book. I actually got excited when I heard "Jon Kent in a Sentai suit". I just didn't realize "Jon Kent in a Sentai suit" meant "something even more tacky than Zenkaiser".

And...honestly I only barely see the connection. it's a very generic sci-fi kind of look but I wouldn't even compare it to early Sentai
    The design itself is rather besides the point.It's the idea of it and the influence.This means they are going for something cool and creative than jon being stuck with clark "the naive farmboy jesus" kent.Designs evolve.Moreover,the artstyle plays a role in whatever uglyness of it.Overall,superman of metropolis and this are the only things that went somewhere in making jon seem like he has potential.

Eh. "Cool" is debatable.

I'd say Future State's Justice League did a better job of showing a future version of Jon that I'd be at least somewhat interested in. And even that was a book that I had my issues with. Can't judge him in Legion since he was mostly just there to save the day and show off that...travesty. But Superman of Metropolis isn't an example of the "potential" that I'd wanna see from him. Almost nothing involving Jon in Future State appealed to me in the slightest. Justice League was pretty alright. But that's about it *shrug*

His descendants in House of El though? Now those are some characters I can get behind. And thank God for that. I needed at least one thing about Future State Superman that could impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. "Cool" is debatable.
    Supersentai are cool for me.Considering jon is like the season 2 with new protagonist of superman.Anyways,it's cool.I am sorry nothing appealed for you and didn'nt like superman of metropolis.But,jon was like that from the start.Just read supersons of tomorrow.He blew up the titans tower.It is potential for me.Potential for something actually good,than feeling fake.Everything else was him being clark-esque in the modern sense.I didn't read justice league so can't comment.I chose world of war instead.That was a good decision.Superman went back to his gladiator roots with that one.

Ok,on another note.where do you see supersons going?it's just adventure.There is nothing beyond it.It same thing being repeated again and again without any themes.Supersons had that in the first books.Jon was developing from a kid with powers goofing off to there is some serious **** in this world.There was build and payoffs.But,that didn't continue.Heck! even scooby went somewhere with things like zombie island.They would need to change things up.The formula i mean.at the very least.