Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1363
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Unfortunately I think Jon's already slim chances of getting deaged are even lessened now. It would be considered weird if DC did anything with a bi-sexual kid Jon Kent. The 'Think of the children' crowd would not tolerate it. But a teenage Jon is fair game to explore a younger Superman in bi-sexual relationships. Though I didn't know the LGBT fandom that you've seen don't like the age up. If they didn't before, they probably will now.
    I don't see why or how. They liked the character as he was before the age up. Making Jon swing both ways doesn't change anything about. Just because a character shares the same sexuality as them doesn't make real difference as to their existing problem. People aren't like light switches. A minor change that doesn't fix the existing major problem you have with the character or even doubles down it isn't going to get the result you. I think it's kind of insulting to think that Bi or Gay people who didn't like the age up are suddenly going to support it just because Teen Jon, who they didn't want, is kissing a boy. You're assuming that the only thing LGBT fans care about is see LGBT sex/romance and that overrides anything else they may be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    For a long time Bruce was barely Selina's love interest, even on her actual solo she had a one night stand with a man. DC basically scrapped that she is bi, for now.
    That's not how it works. Selina's iconic love interest being Bruce or her not being in a relationship with a woman recently does not NOT make her bi suddenly. There are many bisexual and queer people in real life who are in long-term relationships with people of the opposite sex for most of their life. Kurt Cobain, David Bowie and Billie Joe Armstrong being some, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I don't see why or how. They liked the character as he was before the age up. Making Jon swing both ways doesn't change anything about. Just because a character shares the same sexuality as them doesn't make real difference as to their existing problem. People aren't like light switches. A minor change that doesn't fix the existing major problem you have with the character or even doubles down it isn't going to get the result you. I think it's kind of insulting to think that Bi or Gay people who didn't like the age up are suddenly going to support it just because Teen Jon, who they didn't want, is kissing a boy. You're assuming that the only thing LGBT fans care about is see LGBT sex/romance and that overrides anything else they may be interested in.
    Thank you! I've been trying to put that into words.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's not how it works. Selina's iconic love interest being Bruce or her not being in a relationship with a woman recently does not NOT make her bi suddenly. There are many bisexual and queer people in real life who are in long-term relationships with people of the opposite sex for most of their life. Kurt Cobain, David Bowie and Billie Joe Armstrong being some, to name a few.
    Bruce is the iconic love interest but she exists beyond him. She had many romances beyond bruce, she even had a kid with another man. I think it is silly that people are using Bruce as a excuse for her not being bi when on her recent solo she had a hook up with man.
    DC fired the writer and never let this subject come out.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So jon is wearing the future state costume..Neat..Now remove the damn cape,pls..#nocape4jon
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Bruce is the iconic love interest but she exists beyond him. She had many romances beyond bruce, she even had a kid with another man. I think it is silly that people are using Bruce as a excuse for her not being bi when on her recent solo she had a hook up with man.
    DC fired the writer and never let this subject come out.
    Yes exactly lol. Selina has one role: to be Bruce’s LI. She’s a cool character on her own but she was created to be a Batman Rogue, and has become the iconic Batman LI. Given Batman is the black hole at the center of DC, Selina can never break out of that role permanently.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes exactly lol. Selina has one role: to be Bruce’s LI. She’s a cool character on her own but she was created to be a Batman Rogue, and has become the iconic Batman LI. Given Batman is the black hole at the center of DC, Selina can never break out of that role permanently.
    No, Selina is her own character for some time. For long time they haven't been dating. It was mostly Tom King thing, that was dropped

Which makes the fact that they don't just marry those two already all the more frustrating.

No, Selina is her own character for some time. For long time they haven't been dating. It was mostly Tom King thing, that was dropped
    Doesn’t matter man. Doesn’t matter how much they try to make her independent of Bruce. Just like Nightwing at the end of the day her most important relationship is the one with Batman. As long as she’s primarily used as a Batman LI in outside media, which is what she will be in The Batman, and what she has been in the past, she will always eventually be reset to “status quo”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Doesn’t matter man. Doesn’t matter how much they try to make her independent of Bruce. Just like Nightwing at the end of the day her most important relationship is the one with Batman. As long as she’s primarily used as a Batman LI in outside media, which is what she will be in The Batman, and what she has been in the past, she will always eventually be reset to “status quo”.
    Of course it matters. I already sid that she has many relationsips outside of Bruce, it never stopped her being a independent character

The comics are big on BatCat recently thanks to Tom King and the upcoming Robert Pattinson/Zoe Kravitz movie. Sometime in the future where both of them are separated, Selina may go back to dating a woman again. But she's always going to come back to Bruce and nobody expected any different. She is still bisexual though and will continue to be unless DC explicitly confirms her being bi is not canon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The comics are big on BatCat recently thanks to Tom King and the upcoming Robert Pattinson/Zoe Kravitz movie. Sometime in the future where both of them are separated, Selina may go back to dating a woman again. But she's always going to come back to Bruce and nobody expected any different. She is still bisexual though and will continue to be unless DC explicitly confirms her being bi is not canon anymore.
    bat/cat was also big in 2010s because of the Nolan movies and they werent dating, Tom King bad writing didn't made it huge. Tynion dropped it and sales got a lot better.
    I'm not sure if they will ever do that, ok that DC changed a lot but they had many chances to show her being Bi dating or not bruce and decided to skip it

Extraordinary Member

Selina sells too poorly to be anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Selina sells too poorly to be anything else
    She has many issues of solo comics, so I disagree

Lets get back on topic.

I think DC should had let this played on the comics, before screaming about it. Let people be surprised about it

With all the outpouring of fake Jon fanart today, I'm glad someone remembered the OG.

Congrats are in order for you too, my son.

Source:
    https://twitter.com/automeruz/status...80886582284289