Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
Stop that. You know that doesn't fit the narrative of DC hating Jon Kent and any content they give is objectively a dumpster fire.

For some fans, Jon was forever to be a ten year-old and Robin's sidekick. I liked him more as a kid and wanted a few more years of that, but ultimately there's been good moments with him since the age-up. I love Jon. I think he's great. Shame that seems to be a taboo opinion.
I do think Jon aging up 6 years or however long it was was a mistake. I think it robbed us of so many cool moments of him growing up with his parents, things that only happen when you are 12 years old or 14 years old. It also messed up his development phase, and not in an enjoyable way. I don't think I will like the parts of the story where Jon reflects on the fact that he has been thrown around in time and dimensions for years without his parents. I think it's much more interesting for him to be a kid who is expected to act like a mini Superman and at the same time his childhood on earth as a kid in school is interrupted by an alien invasion, and a magical curse placed on Metropolis, and etc. Those 6 years we skipped are when he would develop a unique personality with influence of both his parents.

But having said all of this, DC is trying to push as hard as they can Jon as a star, it's just that the way they did it hurts the character more than it helps. What they are trying to do with him is something they maybe should have done with Kara instead.