Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1305
  1. #1291
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It almost looks like something Studio Ghibli would have. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was some sort of mash-up of several.
    It’s Leo from Blood Blockade Battlefront, I recognize the super sonic monkey.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  2. #1292
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s Leo from Blood Blockade Battlefront, I recognize the super sonic monkey.
    Huh. Well, that's incredibly different from what I was thinking of.

  3. #1293
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Huh. Well, that's incredibly different from what I was thinking of.
    ghibli realy doesn't have the same art style.Atleast hayao miyazaki doesn't.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

  4. #1294
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

    I think this ain't jon..but,it sure looks like him
    https://static01.nyt.com/images/2009...isable=upscale

    That's from Ponyo (weird story, even for Ghibli), but you can see why I thought it looked similar.

  5. #1295
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    https://static01.nyt.com/images/2009...isable=upscale

    That's from Ponyo (weird story, even for Ghibli), but you can see why I thought it looked similar.
    Maybe the monkey..But,ghible kids have cheeks and more rounded approach.There isn't much sharp edges even in even older people.Anyways,it's possible to mistake it i guess.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

  6. #1296
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

    I think this ain't jon..but,it sure looks like him
    I think he looks more like Chris

  7. #1297
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think he looks more like Chris
    I don't remember the character much. From what i remember he looks like kid version of 70s superman. Long wavy hairstyle that's never disheveled.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

  8. #1298
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...191939/photo/1

    Pro tip: Keep your pencils sharp at all times.

  9. #1299

  10. #1300
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Jon might have...uh...made a mistake XD



    https://twitter.com/ruby8311141/stat...55681330741248

  11. #1301
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...09303477116938

    Super Sons Special is a ��. Sending in my last page today. Woot!

  12. #1302
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I never understand why they draw Damian as an child 8 year old if he's already 14 years old..

  13. #1303
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    He looks a little young but, if my nephew is any indicator, he could still pass for someone who's just turning 14 (which...yeah, according to his book, it was a very recent birthday). I actually like that he's kind of a runt. Him being smaller than the rest of the Batfam is actually something I'd have stick even when he's an adult. Makes for a more agile fighter lol

    T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶.̶

  14. #1304
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    I never understand why they draw Damian as an child 8 year old if he's already 14 years old..
    Yes, how dare a kid look like a kid. ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶.̶

    I actually have an incredible dislike for Damian being 14 (and I had just as much of a problem with Damian being 13 at the start of Rebirth). Publishers should never state the exact of age of a character because it cements that character at a particular point in time and forces a set of unreasonable expectations on how that character should be depicted thus disallowing flexibility in the interpretation of said character.

    It's one thing to say Damian is 14 and another to say he's a "teen." 14 sets the expectation for him to look 14 at all times, but what exactly does 14 even look like? Instead, simply saying he's a teen and leaving it at that actually allows for some consistency in his artistic depictions because there's at least some consensus among artists about what a teen looks like, but not what 14 looks like.

    It's why I ignore "canon" ages and instead focus on what point in their life they are at.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He looks a little young but, if my nephew is any indicator, he could still pass for someone who's just turning 14 (which...yeah, according to his book, it was a very recent birthday). I actually like that he's kind of a runt. Him being smaller than the rest of the Batfam is actually something I'd have stick even when he's an adult. Makes for a more agile fighter lol

    T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶.̶
    As Blue said, Damian is chronically on the small side and that's been one of his most consistent traits. Whether he's 10 or 14, he would, or at least should, not look like his age.
    Last edited by garazza; Yesterday at 12:48 PM.

  15. #1305
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Yes, how dare a kid look like a kid. ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶.̶

    I actually have an incredible dislike for Damian being 14 (and I had just as much of a problem with Damian being 13 at the start of Rebirth). Publishers should never state the exact of age of a character because it cements that character at a particular point in time and forces a set of unreasonable expectations on how that character should be depicted thus disallowing flexibility in the interpretation of said character.

    It's one thing to say Damian is 14 and another to say he's a "teen." 14 sets the expectation for him to look 14 at all times, but what exactly does 14 even look like? Instead, simply saying he's a teen and leaving it at that actually allows for some consistency in his artistic depictions because there's at least some consensus among artists about what a teen looks like, but not what 14 looks like.

    It's why I ignore "canon" ages and instead focus on what point in their life they are at.



    As Blue said, Damian is chronically on the small side and that's been one of his most consistent traits. Whether he's 10 or 14, he would, or at least should, not look like his age.
    I think there should be a difference in draw a 7 or 8 year old characters compared to 14 or 15 year old characters and about the age of the character: It don't bother me if they don't Announce but if they do then the drawing should match the age
    Last edited by Betinayen; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •