Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1363
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Uh, still not interested in Teen Jon nor in buying the Superman ongoing anymore. I feel his sexuality is a gimmick (the last of several to set Jon apart from his dad in recent years) to draw eyeballs and, frankly, a tired one at this point. I'm a good storytelling over cheap gimmicks kind of person. I'll see where this goes but as of now hard pass. *yawn*
    Me too. I'm still firmly against the age up and still want it undone. And I intend to keep personally boycotting the Superman books until it is. I don't either way about his sexuality. My only concern is how this might affect the prospects of him getting de-aged, and even then I don't really care whether it makes it more messy, because the age up was a bad idea and a mess of itself and needs to be undone. So I'm still firmly De-age Jon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Nah. If they're going to do this, I'm glad they made Tim and Jon bi and not straight up gay. There's still a lot of stigma against bisexual men and whether or not they actually exist or whether or not they're valid. Apparently, even within the LGBT community, that's a thing. So I'm sure the guys who fall under that umbrella are appreciating the big deal representation.
    I mean the stigma of bi men within the LGBT community is that they are gay not bi. They literally have to date women to affirm their bisexuality. It's the same with heterosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Me too. I'm still firmly against the age up and still want it undone. And I intend to keep personally boycotting the Superman books until it is. I don't either way about his sexuality. My only concern is how this might affect the prospects of him getting de-aged, and even then I don't really care whether it makes it more messy, because the age up was a bad idea and a mess of itself and needs to be undone. So I'm still firmly De-age Jon.
    Even if this didn't happen, the odds were always against him being de-aged. But now it's going to be almost impossible because making him a kid means they can't capitalize on his new romantic options (though I think showing that even children can be LGBT would be a much more powerful story. The media tends to forget the people who say that they've known since they were kids)

I'mma still keep demanding it. And this definitely isn't enough for me to say the age-up was a good idea. But, realistically, it ain't looking too good for the real Jon. The bland, New 52 Clark clone is probably here to stay

Really hated when they age up Jon. DC doesn't need a new Superman, but they are desperate to renew the Superman Brand after so many misfires (DCEU, Bendis).

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean but Selina's main person for ships is always gonna be Bruce that just is what it is, & even Constantine is constantly shown as Bi if not in comics other media prime example Legends,& even in the animated movies, Even Aqualad is getting shown in main media as Bi look at Young Justice I frankly had no idea that was a thing until the show, it's just a new era I feel DC knows they can't just ignore these things now once it's been done.
    For a long time Bruce was barely Selina's love interest, even on her actual solo she had a one night stand with a man. DC basically scrapped that she is bi, for now.
    Media is far more LGBT friendly than comics, even if most DC shows have small audiences

Mighty Member

Given that there is a 'Superboy' who is comprised of the DNA of two men, I don't think we should be that concerned about the implications for Jon's future biological kids even if he is with a man.

I'll give the higher ups at DC credit, this is the perfect way to preserve Bendis' decision to age Jon to a teenager. Now the LGBT fandom will rabidly defend teenage Jon and oppose any talk of deaging him because he's now a prominent LGBTQ diversity pandering character. This decision to have Jon come out doesn't feel like an earned and earnest development for the character. Jay's only been around for 2 issues and the series has only had 3 issues. This feels like a tactical marketing ploy rather than a well thought out development to explore Jon's sexuality. But this is the end of my enjoyment for Jon Kent. I don't think I can enjoy any ongoing Superman comics so long as this status quo remains in place. Not that I was at the moment but this is the final nail in the coffin. Hope this brings in the fans DC wants it to but I fear it will cost them in the long run.

Incredible Member

Even if this didn't happen, the odds were always against him being de-aged. But now it's going to be almost impossible because making him a kid means they can't capitalize on his new romantic options (though I think showing that even children can be LGBT would be a much more powerful story. The media tends to forget the people who say that they've known since they were kids)

I'mma still keep demanding it. And this definitely isn't enough for me to say the age-up was a good idea. But, realistically, it ain't looking too good for the real Jon. The bland, New 52 Clark clone is probably here to stay
    Frankly, I don't care about any romantic options for him regardless of sex and I doubt may other people do either.

I'm also willing to settle for Jon being de-aged to around 13-14 as a compromise. That way he's closer to his old age and they can bring Super-sons back while still letting him date.

In any case I'm never giving this up. I want younger a Jon back, and I refuse to support aged up Jon no matter what they do with him, and I can only hope enough other people share my position to force DC to de-age regardless of the circumstances.

I just cannot support Jon & Jay as a couple with current artist the faces are just drawn terribly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I'll give the higher ups at DC credit, this is the perfect way to preserve Bendis' decision to age Jon to a teenager. Now the LGBT fandom will rabidly defend teenage Jon and oppose any talk of deaging him because he's now a prominent LGBTQ diversity pandering character. This decision to have Jon come out doesn't feel like an earned and earnest development for the character. Jay's only been around for 2 issues and the series has only had 3 issues. This feels like a tactical marketing ploy rather than a well thought out development to explore Jon's sexuality. But this is the end of my enjoyment for Jon Kent. I don't think I can enjoy any ongoing Superman comics so long as this status quo remains in place. Not that I was at the moment but this is the final nail in the coffin. Hope this brings in the fans DC wants it to but I fear it will cost them in the long run.
    I don't think it's as much as a protection as you think, as from what I've seen the LGBT fandom that is aware of the character doesn't really seem to like the age up either. And I certainly hope so, and Aged Up Jon and everything involving him ends up failing so they see no choice but de-age him.

Mighty Member

I will treat this relationship the way I treat all comic relationships: with an unhealthy dose of snark.

I don't think it's as much as a protection as you think, as from what I've seen the LGBT fandom that is aware of the character doesn't really seem to like the age up either. And I certainly hope so, and Aged Up Jon and everything involving him ends up failing so they see no choice but de-age him.
    Unfortunately I think Jon's already slim chances of getting deaged are even lessened now. It would be considered weird if DC did anything with a bi-sexual kid Jon Kent. The 'Think of the children' crowd would not tolerate it. But a teenage Jon is fair game to explore a younger Superman in bi-sexual relationships. Though I didn't know the LGBT fandom that you've seen don't like the age up. If they didn't before, they probably will now.

Like I've said many times before, I'm more than willing to compromise and get a 13-14 year old Jon.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I wouldn't say they would like the age up. On the contrary a lot thought the whole thing aging him up was creepy because it seemed to be a way to make out with Saturn Girl. Now they're going to probably feel the same for Taylor doing this with the teen one rather than naturally. IE letting him age up and learn he likes both sexes. If they didn't like the age up before they won't like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I feel like with Jon it might be this case? Considering he has a wife and kids in the future. Or at least descendants. Who know.
    If Jon can live as long as Clark, or at least has an extended lifespan, then he can have multiple relationships. Also you don’t need to marry someone to have kids with them (a concept foreign to Quesada). But the FS descendants are so far down the line that Jon can end up with anyone in the “now” and it wouldn’t affect their existence. Not that I think he should end up in a permanent relationship with anyone any time soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Like I've said many times before, I'm more than willing to compromise and get a 13-14 year old Jon.
    Actually thats a good age for him to be. Jon and Damian being the age where a lot of kids go though s lot of romantic issues and learn about their sexuality. This would be great for teens and Preteens in that age range as you can discuss such issues for them. And most shows in that range are also liked by teens and older kids too, see Avatar.