Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Okay...so, I'm not saying nothin' BUT I'M SAYING A LOT RIGHT NOW

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So Joanna?

Genuinely don't know. Could be anything at this point. I just found it noteworthy that they're pushing Jon so much in the comics, but he's both powerless and a relatively small part of the TV show. Plus, he's going to be wearing that suit (a suit which was apparently mandated since before Future State) in Son of Kal-El.

No idea what it mean-- if anything-- but it's worth pointing out.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Nah, there's plenty of Supergirl suits that look similar to that already. (Including the one in Future State) Not to mention the CW already made Barry and Kara a semi-established frienship for a lot of people.

Yeah I assumed she was some version of Clark and Lois' kid from Injustice.

Though I guess you could consider that to be an alternate version of Jon...maybe?
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-20-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

The suit looks more like the Injustice suit to me. Who she is remains a mystery but I'm guessing Clark's daughter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Genuinely don't know. Could be anything at this point. I just found it noteworthy that they're pushing Jon so much in the comics, but he's both powerless and a relatively small part of the TV show. Plus, he's going to be wearing that suit (a suit which was apparently mandated since before Future State) in Son of Kal-El.

No idea what it mean-- if anything-- but it's worth pointing out.
    I freaking love that suit.especially,capeless..but the Supergirl costume lacks the belt..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-20-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm going to kick myself for typing this out and continuing to be That Guy, but whatever I'm an optimist by nature....

Remember how not too long ago the idea (or theory) was to put out a Supergirl movie and then use it to sort of "rehabilitate" the Superman IP and then potentially spin off a Superman movie from there? Well, if Keaton's Batman and this new Supergirl (who apparently is Kara who was sent to Earth rather than Clark) do both end up on the main Earth (apparently she's from Keaton's world) then maybe that's the plan?

Likely the Superman that they do spin off from this Supergirl will be subordinate and learning from this Supergirl/Superwoman, and that goes over a lot better if that Superman is younger or the same age, thus Jon Kent. It would basically be the Superman of Metropolis set up from Future State. So similar to how Keaton's Bruce will be training Batgirl, Supergirl/Woman will be training Superboy/Man.

In terms of how you actually get a teenage Jon Kent into the DCEU? Well, either he's Lois and Clark of the main Earth's kid, or he's Kara's brother....or son as a homage to Rebirth (alternate reality Super comes and takes over brining their family with them). Regardless, you get a nice contrast to the Superman & Lois TV show.

Maybe keep him as Superboy and spin him off into a Legion movie so they can hold off for a while on a proper mainline Superman movie with him (he'd likely be an actor in his late teens or early 20s, so there'd be lots of time like Tom Holland)

Once again, I'm kicking myself for even verbalizing this, but I just can't get over just how much of a push Jon is getting in the comics. It was said that 5G was intended for adaptation, and that's why WB was so hell-bent on it, and chances are it's why we're still more or less getting it now.

But I then realized that Jon isn't the only Superman character getting a big push. Kara is also getting a push via one of DC's most bankable creators, King. And beyond that she was a sizable aspect of the Superman line's future state stuff.

Anyway, I'll go back to kicking myself for even posting this.

Incredible Member

... one needs only look at the investment in Superman & Lois compared to the investment on Supergirl to see how unlikely prioritizing Kara over Superman would be. Like, sure, I don't trust them to treat Superman well... but I trust them even less with Supergirl.

DCEU is the home for lackluster rush jobs and instant brownie points over quality stories. So I guess fake Jon would be right at home there. For the sake of anyone looking forward to that ordeal, I at least hope this hypothetical movie is closer in quality to Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman than it is to Man of Steel, BVS, both Justice Leagues, Suicide Squad, and WW84.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-21-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm going to kick myself for typing this out and continuing to be That Guy, but whatever I'm an optimist by nature....

Remember how not too long ago the idea (or theory) was to put out a Supergirl movie and then use it to sort of "rehabilitate" the Superman IP and then potentially spin off a Superman movie from there? Well, if Keaton's Batman and this new Supergirl (who apparently is Kara who was sent to Earth rather than Clark) do both end up on the main Earth (apparently she's from Keaton's world) then maybe that's the plan?

Likely the Superman that they do spin off from this Supergirl will be subordinate and learning from this Supergirl/Superwoman, and that goes over a lot better if that Superman is younger or the same age, thus Jon Kent. It would basically be the Superman of Metropolis set up from Future State. So similar to how Keaton's Bruce will be training Batgirl, Supergirl/Woman will be training Superboy/Man.

In terms of how you actually get a teenage Jon Kent into the DCEU? Well, either he's Lois and Clark of the main Earth's kid, or he's Kara's brother....or son as a homage to Rebirth (alternate reality Super comes and takes over brining their family with them). Regardless, you get a nice contrast to the Superman & Lois TV show.

Maybe keep him as Superboy and spin him off into a Legion movie so they can hold off for a while on a proper mainline Superman movie with him (he'd likely be an actor in his late teens or early 20s, so there'd be lots of time like Tom Holland)

Once again, I'm kicking myself for even verbalizing this, but I just can't get over just how much of a push Jon is getting in the comics. It was said that 5G was intended for adaptation, and that's why WB was so hell-bent on it, and chances are it's why we're still more or less getting it now.

But I then realized that Jon isn't the only Superman character getting a big push. Kara is also getting a push via one of DC's most bankable creators, King. And beyond that she was a sizable aspect of the Superman line's future state stuff.

Anyway, I'll go back to kicking myself for even posting this.
    Be that guy and post away! I find your perspectives enlightening.

However... I can’t imagine Jon as Superman getting a media push this early when his book isn’t even out yet. I know there’s supposed to be synergy, but the comics are also meant to be a testing ground for new IP before adaptation in outside media, right? So I imagine it will be another few years before DC looks at what new concepts became successful in this era before adapting it. Sure, Jon is in the CW show now, but the only thing they’ve really used from the comics was the base idea of Clark and Lois as parents from Rebirth.

It does make me wonder what version of comics!Jon DC will push in other media as the default version. Kid Superboy or young adult Superman? Either way, I think he might have a chance showing up in animation first before live action.

He already exists as a baby in the Young Justice cartoon. Though....as much as I'd love to see the Super Sons in that show, I think they should hold off for a while. The constant time skips and new characters haven't exactly been working in that show's favor. Especially in its third season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He already exists as a baby in the Young Justice cartoon. Though....as much as I'd love to see the Super Sons in that show, I think they should hold off for a while. The constant time skips and new characters haven't exactly been working in that show's favor. Especially in its third season.
    Next season I expect to see the likes of Red Hood, Ravager, Supergirl (which is honestly the only surprise, as next to Robin, she's the most well known legacy character), and probably a few others. With a plot involving the Legion of Superheroes, going by the final scenes of the last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Next season I expect to see the likes of Red Hood, Ravager, Supergirl (which is honestly the only surprise, as next to Robin, she's the most well known legacy character), and probably a few others. With a plot involving the Legion of Superheroes, going by the final scenes of the last season.
    Red Hood does kinda feel like a given. Though I hope they don't go through his whole story between seasons, like they've done for SO many other characters. I hate excessive off-screen development. Rose and Kara would be cool too. Personally, I'm really hoping to see Raven and Starfire. Gar's team is already basically the Titans. Might as well get the rest of them in there.

As for the Legion, I'm already kinda dreading them showing up in any substantial way because, again, this cast is unfocused and bloated enough without the world's most bloated team of heroes coming in and hogging some of that focus. (Plus...there's always that fear that the Legion being there means we're skipping over real Jon and starting with the imposter.)

For Jon and Damian, I'd wanna wait till like....season 6. Just slow down on the timeskips for two seasons. Develop the characters you already have, who desperately need it. That's all I ask. Though I feel like part of the problem is that the world clearly shouldn't be confined to just one show. This is a whole new DCAU we got right here and yet it'll probably never be expanded the way that Timm and Dini's was.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-21-2021 at 03:04 PM.

BANNED

If you want to include Jon and Damian into young justice...there is precedence in the comics that allow for both to be accelerated aged

For Jon...you could have him kidnapped by metahuman traffickers who accidentally activates a meta-gene that causes him to grow to 10 years old. Miss Martian should settle the rest by implanting knowledge in his head to make him a functional kid.

For Damian, in the comics his mother had accelerated his aging through genetic engineering.

No big time skips needed