Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1363
    Incredible Member

The only thing that's stopping me from going "yeah, the protesters are clearly on the side of the Kraken" is that a few of the protesters clearly just realized there's a Kraken attacking ships behind them, which changes the energy of the whole thing from "Yeah, Jon Kent, Jay and Aqualad are on the side of the monsters against the polluters!" to "Wait, do Jon, Jay and Jackson even realize what's happening behind them?"

Anyway, if they are supporting the Kraken, more power to them. It'd certainly be the second "political statement" image in the series that actually hits (after that wonderfully understated "Welcome to the City of Tomorrow" panel in issue 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The only thing that's stopping me from going "yeah, the protesters are clearly on the side of the Kraken" is that a few of the protesters clearly just realized there's a Kraken attacking ships behind them, which changes the energy of the whole thing from "Yeah, Jon Kent, Jay and Aqualad are on the side of the monsters against the polluters!" to "Wait, do Jon, Jay and Jackson even realize what's happening behind them?"

Anyway, if they are supporting the Kraken, more power to them. It'd certainly be the second "political statement" image in the series that actually hits (after that wonderfully understated "Welcome to the City of Tomorrow" panel in issue 2).
    Its also not the Kraken's fault its main food source dried up, so now it must eat humans, an abundant food source, if any. And maybe the occasional Atlantean. It is simply trying to survive is all.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is that lois in there again?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Would be funny if Kathy made herself look older and Jon is still smitten with her. Though I don't know if that would happen.
    She's an alien, so they could just explain it as an ability of her species or that they simply grow up faster than humans. Though poor Kathy would be disappointed when Jon tells her about Jay.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's an alien, so they could just explain it as an ability of her species or that they simply grow up faster than humans. Though poor Kathy would be disappointed when Jon tells her about Jay.
    I'd say being pretty well forgotten for so long would hit harder.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    we will never see kathy again

Astonishing Member

I guess she can appear in this special, or maybe, if it's gonna be series after all, there would be some arc with her, just to give her some sort of conclusion. But anyways, she's going to face the same fate as many others forgotten members of supporting cast.

that won't be the case if she becomes jon's lana...

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    that won't be the case if she becomes jon's lana...
    …Lana is forgotten all the time though? More or less her role is to be the childhood love and then disappear which is what seems to be happening to Kathy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    …Lana is forgotten all the time though? More or less her role is to be the childhood love and then disappear which is what seems to be happening to Kathy.
    i guess.she is still cemented somewhat to the mythos.Almost every adaptation had her.I can see it being different for jon as well.Even the tv show didn't have her before the announcement of jon coming out.So,I don't know.It's a shame that jordan's girl(i don't rember her name) is annoying.Atleast kathy has telekinesis.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is that lois in there again?
    Nope, that's Damian and I think it's concept art from the movie. Or that's from Tomasi's new book.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So then I'm guessing this means Jon will be in Bendis' Justice League vs The Legion of Super-Heroes mini given who it's drawn by. That's awesome!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Nope, that's Damian and I think it's concept art from the movie. Or that's from Tomasi's new book.
    It's likely for Tomasi's book. Not even gonna think about the idea of them using the imposter for the movie. I need at least one thing to still look forward to, damn it -___-