Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

I guess that would work. I still wouldn't want it done next season though. Just seems a bit contrived for the sons of Superman and Batman to be aged up to the exact same ages around the same time, through two completely separate methods. I'd still rather just wait. Especially since there's a whole generation of Super kids that are around their ages.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Be that guy and post away! I find your perspectives enlightening.

However... I can’t imagine Jon as Superman getting a media push this early when his book isn’t even out yet. I know there’s supposed to be synergy, but the comics are also meant to be a testing ground for new IP before adaptation in outside media, right? So I imagine it will be another few years before DC looks at what new concepts became successful in this era before adapting it. Sure, Jon is in the CW show now, but the only thing they’ve really used from the comics was the base idea of Clark and Lois as parents from Rebirth.

It does make me wonder what version of comics!Jon DC will push in other media as the default version. Kid Superboy or young adult Superman? Either way, I think he might have a chance showing up in animation first before live action.
    You're very kind!

Not to put too fine a point on things, but like I said in the post this works just as well, if not better, if Jon starts out as Superboy rather than Superman. On the Superboy end for Jon we've got 6 years to draw from. But more specifically you have 12 issues of Bendis' Legion to draw from. They could introduce him in the Supergirl film, and have her replace Clark's father role with a big sister role, then spin him off into a Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes movie.

"That's *just* 12 issues though" you say. No. That's the whole of Legion fiction. Legion is like Guardians or the Avengers in the sense that before the MCU no one knew or cared about them, so when you bring them to screen you can pick from whatever era you want and mash it all together. A proper Great Darkness Saga on screen because Darkseid as the big bad for the whole DCEU is pretty much done. You basically keep him in the future pushing along the Legion franchise for years, and then down the line you bring him in as proper Superman.

And in the meantime Kara is establishing herself as Earth's Super, the black Superman is doing his thing in his continuity, and neither is having their toes stepped on by the actual-son-of-Superman sucking up the oxygen. If fact no traditional Superman is used since Jon would be SuperBOY.

Then once everything is set in place you finally do a new Justice League movie with Jon, Jace, and whoever the new gen is.

________

*Sigh* once again kicking myself, but there's the chance that they may "5G" the new DC animated movies. Or do like a Future State "Justice League of Two Eras" thing. That would then leave them open to tell stories about the OG JL with Clark and the new JL with Jon. I think in a few years we'll see something like option one or option two.

People kept blowing me off when I mentioned it, but putting Superman and Batman in their classic suits in this day and age, while cool for me personally, usually indicates that they're trying to section them off as the "old models". I said that when both of them got their suits in the comics back when 5G was hardly even a rumor, and now look at what could've happened: they're have literally started off in the 1930s. Now they both have successors in Jon and Jace, and it's only now that Clark has his suit and powers changed (no cape and lower powers).

Seeing Clark and Bruce in the classic suits in the animated movies has me genuinely wondering if the point of starting them out in their early days is more to create a point of contrast between the oncoming Superman and Batman, Jon and Jace?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You're very kind!

Not to put too fine a point on things, but like I said in the post this works just as well, if not better, if Jon starts out as Superboy rather than Superman. On the Superboy end for Jon we've got 6 years to draw from. But more specifically you have 12 issues of Bendis' Legion to draw from. They could introduce him in the Supergirl film, and have her replace Clark's father role with a big sister role, then spin him off into a Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes movie.

"That's *just* 12 issues though" you say. No. That's the whole of Legion fiction. Legion is like Guardians or the Avengers in the sense that before the MCU no one knew or cared about them, so when you bring them to screen you can pick from whatever era you want and mash it all together. A proper Great Darkness Saga on screen because Darkseid as the big bad for the whole DCEU is pretty much done. You basically keep him in the future pushing along the Legion franchise for years, and then down the line you bring him in as proper Superman.

And in the meantime Kara is establishing herself as Earth's Super, the black Superman is doing his thing in his continuity, and neither is having their toes stepped on by the actual-son-of-Superman sucking up the oxygen. If fact no traditional Superman is used since Jon would be SuperBOY.

Then once everything is set in place you finally do a new Justice League movie with Jon, Jace, and whoever the new gen is.

________

*Sigh* once again kicking myself, but there's the chance that they may "5G" the new DC animated movies. Or do like a Future State "Justice League of Two Eras" thing. That would then leave them open to tell stories about the OG JL with Clark and the new JL with Jon. I think in a few years we'll see something like option one or option two.

People kept blowing me off when I mentioned it, but putting Superman and Batman in their classic suits in this day and age, while cool for me personally, usually indicates that they're trying to section them off as the "old models". I said that when both of them got their suits in the comics back when 5G was hardly even a rumor, and now look at what could've happened: they're have literally started off in the 1930s. Now they both have successors in Jon and Jace, and it's only now that Clark has his suit and powers changed (no cape and lower powers).

Seeing Clark and Bruce in the classic suits in the animated movies has me genuinely wondering if the point of starting them out in their early days is more to create a point of contrast between the oncoming Superman and Batman, Jon and Jace?
    I love the idea of having a DC cinematic universe with a ton of flashback narratives

We get the “present day” storyline with Jon, Yara, and Damian leading the team

And we have a “flashback” storyline where we see Clark, Bruce, and Diana leading their teams

Like a “this is us” on a larger scale

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    I love the idea of having a DC cinematic universe with a ton of flashback narratives

We get the “present day” storyline with Jon, Yara, and Damian leading the team

And we have a “flashback” storyline where we see Clark, Bruce, and Diana leading their teams

Like a “this is us” on a larger scale

I like the idea of a Dc Spiderversing their Universe.

After Injustice which I hope goes beyond the 1st game.

[Hopefully Injustice 2 with Damian, Kara, Jason and Blue saving the world from Ra's, Amazo and Grodd. That introduces Ollie's kid.
    The Damian and Harley led JL saving Bruce with the help of the Masters of the Universe]

There's Kingdom Come movie which has Older gen Trinity.

Tim Drake is gonna be the next Batman in the Upcoming Gotham Knights game.

Supergirl in the movies and show

Batwoman has a show so already out there

Kaldur/Jackson is already Aquaman on YJ.

We know there a Batgirl Beyond movie with the Michael Keaton era batman.

The Kent sons have been introduced.

DC is well into it's own 'this is us' on a larger scale.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would only say injustice does something interesting if the bad guy wins.Superman enslaves the world and batman is a robot. that's actually uphill battle.Fighting jesus who has decided to give in to the temptation of the devil and take free will away...Now what? We will need the devil himself to be the champion of rebellious spirit..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He already exists as a baby in the Young Justice cartoon. Though....as much as I'd love to see the Super Sons in that show, I think they should hold off for a while. The constant time skips and new characters haven't exactly been working in that show's favor. Especially in its third season.
    Looking at sales data [best selling graphic novels since the start of 2021] v TV shows and animated content released. I'd say DCeased is far more likely than Supersons in YJ.

Top sellin g graphics novels mostly featured

Demon slayer
    Jujisteu kaizan
    Sweet Tooth
    Invincible
    Watchmen
    Dceased
    MHa
    Long Halloween
    3 jokers
    Sandman
    Berserk
    Junji Ito collections

These titles have been at the top since the start of the year [not in that order] Berserk since the death of it's mangaka.

Dc should have gone with Dceased rather than Injustice animated movie me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would only say injustice does something interesting if the bad guy wins.Superman enslaves the world and batman is a robot. that's actually uphill battle.Fighting jesus who has decided to give in to the temptation of the devil and take free will away...Now what? We will need the devil himself to be the champion of rebellious spirit..
    This why I hope they go the Masters of the Universe route.

Superman wins, Batman a Robot and it takes the Masters of the Universe to save the day.

Also hope they add the Batman being held accountable for his part from the INJ2 and having to defend himself in court.

Eh. I hated the Injustice storyline specifically because of Superman and the regime side (especially Wonder Woman. **** that Diana). So I'm really hoping that bad ending only stays canon to the Master of the Universe crossover. I know it's unlikely but I still kinda hope IJ3 just starts over and gives us a completely new story. I'm tired of Heroes VS Heroes. I actually don't know which storyline I dislike more. Injustice or Civil War II.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-22-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. I hated the Injustice storyline specifically because of Superman and the regime side (especially Wonder Woman. **** that Diana). So I'm really hoping that bad ending only stays canon to the Master of the Universe crossover. I know it's unlikely but I still kinda hope IJ3 just starts over and gives us a completely new story. I'm tired of Heroes VS Heroes. I actually don't know which storyline I dislike more. Injustice or Civil War II.
    I hate the good ending cause i am petty and batman is self righteous "incorruptible" prick whom i want torn down.It's kinda annoying how it's easy to deconstruct super-spacejesus-kent and everyone does so.But,deconstructing batman?it doesn't happen enough and often.either it has no takers or it's just hard i presume.I am not tired of this hero vs hero conflict.cause i want someone to punch the batman in the face for the bully he is...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-22-2021 at 09:21 AM.

BANNED

Deconstructing Batman is easy

Make him an authoritarian fascist

He is. He just limits it to Gotham is all.

But I get your what you mean. Make Bruce the villain, for once.

I'm cool with Jon popping up as a 5 year old in the films. He should just get the C-plot of whatever going on. I'm not in a rush to see him take over.

I don't think it's that easy.The character literally tears down power in dc and counter balances it.Making him just a authoritarian would be wrong as he shares his powers with a cabinet.He could be a totalitarian as he seek absolute control so that "No tragedy happens to any 9 year old boy".There is also the fact that he doesn't solve problems in gothom.Just beats up poor people that have become criminals in general..yeah! the darkknight returns took general portrayal of superman in that era(donner,silverage...etc) and did that whole thing..I think taking batman of this era tearing down his "Human" image from scratch would be the way to go..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-22-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So Joanna?
    The Earth-11 Supergirl was called Laurel. The Injustice one was called Lara. It wouldn't just be a feminine version of the name Jon.

I do think the Flash movie Supergirl isn't Kara, and is instead based on one or more of the alternates.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Earth-11 Supergirl was called Laurel. The Injustice one was called Lara. It wouldn't just be a feminine version of the name Jon.

I do think the Flash movie Supergirl isn't Kara, and is instead based on one or more of the alternates.
    Cir-El maybe?