Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Supersentai are cool for me.
    Oh, Super Sentai and Tokusatsu in general is cool as ****. Power Rangers is how my obsession with the color blue got started lol

Jon's costume in Legion on the other hand? Not so cool. Least not to me. I still don't see a lot of sentai influence in the costume but if the idea really was for him to look like something outta Sentai (though I still don't think that was the intent), he shoulda had a Gokaiger suit. Space Pirate Jon for the win XD

Just read supersons of tomorrow.He blew up the titans tower.
    I'm confused. That wasn't something he did of his own volition. Future Drake triggered Jon's solar flare by almost suffocating him. Like any ten year old would do in that situation, he panicked and lost control of his powers. What does that have to do with anything that's happened to him in Future State?

Ok,on another note.where do you see supersons going?it's just adventure.There is nothing beyond it.It same thing being repeated again and again without any themes.Supersons had that in the first books.Jon was developing from a kid with powers goofing off to there is some serious **** in this world.There was build and payoffs.But,that didn't continue.Heck! even scooby went somewhere with things like zombie island.They would need to change things up.The formula i mean.at the very least.
    That's always been my biggest gripe with bringing Super Sons back this way, and why I think Tomasi should have just put it in a separate continuity if we're not getting real Jon back anytime soon (or ever). I enjoy their adventures enough to be content with what I have. But it's still kind of a bummer how these stories HAVE to be set in a certain point of time. Because that doesn't leave a lot of room for growth. For either of them. We know where those two are gonna end up so they can't do anything that would deviate from those predetermined paths. Bad as they are (Well...Damian's actually back on track after that awful Titans run.)

I've definitely been liking this current run. A lot. I'm super grateful that we've got it. I just...wish it was allowed to be more.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-24-2021 at 01:45 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm confused. That wasn't something he did of his own volition. Future Drake triggered Jon's solar flare by almost suffocating him. He panicked and lost control of his powers. What does that have to do with anything that's happened to him in Future State?

That's always been my biggest gripe with bringing Super Sons back this way, and why I think Tomasi should have just put it in a separate continuity if we're not getting real Jon back any time soon (or ever). I enjoy their adventures enough to be content with what I have. But it's still kind of a bummer how these stories HAVE to be set in a certain point of time. Because that doesn't leave a lot of room for growth. For either of them.

I've definitely been liking this current run. A lot. I'm super grateful that we've got it. I just...wish it was allowed to be more.
    Did jon do anything in future state superman of metropolis by his violation?No.Jon got emotional trying to protect someone vulnerable causing his powers to go berserk.Jon got emotional trying to protect vulnerable child causing him to take an extreme step in impulsive manner at moment of truth.In both cases,the villains wanted that(future tim and braincells).Even later on,Jon knew very well that clark was always gonna be in trouble .Yet he got emotional and caused solar superstorm.later on, like when manchester black tricked him with lois's leg.He got emotional and manchester capitalised on it.This emotional impulsivity or instinct in jon is both good and bad.He will always jump in without looking.But,that is easy manipulate.He saw the kid in danger and did what he had to do.Brain cells falling into milatary is equally bad.A protagonist with no room for failing and things blowing up in his face is a dud.Superman of metropolis had tension.He became a champion in that book.He created a priority.There was no ounce of "i am here to save people".It was always "I got to protect someone weaker than me" instinct.Jon was always about having people to help him,when things go north or taking care of the stray bullets.Jon does his job and others do theirs.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-24-2021 at 02:28 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jon's bit in Infinite Frontier was sweet.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Alright so I read Superman #29, and while I won’t spoil I will say that we do get a moment between Jon and Clark that Bendis kind of neglected, basically the awkwardness that comes with it’s been only a short while for Clark that Jon was 11 but Jon lived a whole lifetime and is naturally 16/17.

Also we actually get Jon’s feelings on people potentially calling him Superman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...y_lilithbriar/

At the very least, give Jon this costume back -___-

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/09/dc...w-superman-30/

Hmmm, you know I think I like how Godlewski draws Jon here. He’s taller yes, but he’s not like Superman level bulky if that makes sense. Like you can still kind of believe that this is just a slightly older Jon Kent.

Also nice to see a nice Kent family outing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Yeah I agree, I like the look. I’d prefer Jon be a kid, but this style is a nice compromise.

Not a big fan of how the dude draws faces but yeah. It's nice that they're at least trying to make him look younger than the 20-something year old that he's been for the past few years. Also glad to see Phil wasn't kidding when he said we would get more family stuff. Again, it may not be the Jon I want or the premise that I want, but I'm happy for the people who are still reading. You seem to have finally gotten yourselves a decent writer and not some spur of the moment stunt hiring of a guy who's way past his prime.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Very nice. Johnson definitely knows how to tug at the heartstrings.

So with DC potentially pushing all three of them, what do we think will happen the first time Jon, Jace, and Yara meet in present day DC? Personally I can see Jon and Yara getting along, I think they would strike up a friendship similar to what we saw in future state. As for Jace, he's kind of hard to read, though I do think Jon may have issues since he's aware of who Bruce is and also he would know Jace is not Damian.
    Words to live by.

Wait am I missing something? Who the hell is Jace?

As for Yara, she was one of the only good things I read from Future State so I'm hoping she continues to be just as good in the present. And hopefully some of that good will rub off on Jon this time. It certainly didn't in their team up book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Wait am I missing something? Who the hell is Jace?
    The Next Batman of Future State that they are establishing now, Tim "Jace" Fox. He's on the Justice League with Jon

Words to live by.

Ooooh he goes by Jace, huh? Yeah **** that. Just another reason why I REALLY don't want Future State coming to pass. If anyone is the Bat representative of this next gen Trinity, it should be Damian.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-20-2021 at 12:40 PM.