Page 55 of 91 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I don't think it being a girl within the sphere of the Superman books is outlandish.
    I think it depends on the girl but I think anyone who is within Jon's personal universe is a safer bet.

Look honestly don't give a **** who he dates if he even dates, as long as it has genuine development unlike with Saturn Girl, & the person isn't a basic bitch male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends on the girl but I think anyone who is within Jon's personal universe is a safer bet.
    Someone said Naomi, and that would be interesting. Kinda has to be a female of color, or the House of El in the future can't exist.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd say Thao is starting to fit that bill though.

Remember, Lois isn't going to be in Action Comics going forward, but rather in Superman with Jon, and Thao's had far more meaningful interaction with her and Jon than she's had with Clark or Kara. She also doesn't seem to be part of the new Authority team that'll take back War World.

She feels like she's more likely to stay with Lois or the Kents on the farm rather than go back to space with Clark right away.

I could even see her being the one who saves the Kents from the attack in Superman: Son of Kal-El issue #4 while Jon is unaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Someone said Naomi, and that would be interesting. Kinda has to be a female of color, or the House of El in the future can't exist.
    I feel like a potential filtration my be possible (maybe), but nothing beyond that. Naomi's whole deal will likely be guided by the needs of the upcoming show more than anything.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-03-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd say Thao is starting to fit that bill though.

Remember, Lois isn't going to be in Action Comics going forward, but rather in Superman with Jon, and Thao's had far more meaningful interaction with her and Jon than she's had with Clark or Kara. She also doesn't seem to be part of the new Authority team that'll take back War World.

She feels like she's more likely to stay with Lois or the Kents on the farm rather than go back to space with Clark right away.

I could even see her being the one who saves the Kents from the attack in Superman: Son of Kal-El issue #4 while Jon is unaware.
    If she becomes a Jon supporting character, then yeah, I could see it. Ball's probably in Taylor's court.

If she becomes a Jon supporting character, then yeah, I could see it. Ball's probably in Taylor's court.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

In light DC's big push for new non-legacy (as in named after another character) characters such as Crush, Ghost Maker, Punchline, and a bunch more, I'm incline to believe that Thao-La may fit in that. Thus she wouldn't have to go by Supergirl (and as Future State implied there would be no Supergirl successor), but would rather just have her name and be just that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm just saying "Supermans Son is Bisexual" would trend all over Twitter & give much needed publicity. Y'all seen what happened with Mineta from MHA the other day!
    Yeeaah…as someone who thinks it’s about damn time DC had a prominent young queer Super character, they’re not going to do that with Jon. Not when he’s Superman now, and certainly not if DC wants to market him to a mainstream audience as Clark’s potential successor. Maybe it would’ve been possible when Jon was only ever Superboy—y’know, important, but not too important. The fact that Jon stepping into the role of Superman likely disqualifies him from being queer for DC depresses me.

Just to clarify, I’m chill with Jon dating girls, but I’ll always think that DC missed the golden opportunity to make a breakout character bi, while also sidestepping any criticism of changing an established character’s sexuality since Jon doesn’t have much of a romantic history to begin with.

/cynicism

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon kent x mary marvel is best ship!!!ever!!fight me....Cause every Jonathan needs his mary/martha.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Yeeaah…as someone who thinks it’s about damn time DC had a prominent young queer Super character, they’re not going to do that with Jon. Not when he’s Superman now, and certainly not if DC wants to market him to a mainstream audience as Clark’s potential successor. Maybe it would’ve been possible when Jon was only ever Superboy—y’know, important, but not too important. The fact that Jon stepping into the role of Superman likely disqualifies him from being queer for DC depresses me.

Just to clarify, I’m chill with Jon dating girls, but I’ll always think that DC missed the golden opportunity to make a breakout character bi, while also sidestepping any criticism of changing an established character’s sexuality since Jon doesn’t have much of a romantic history to begin with.

/cynicism
    I disagree

I think that once Taylor leaves and they want to extend Jon’s tenure of Superman further...they’ll definitely bite the bullet

Chances seem very, very good-- if not assured that he's joining the Justice League.

Plus, the Teen Titans are no long just a team of, well, teens. It's a full on academy/school where the kids live. Jon's going to college and working with The Truth. Likely no time nor need for "Mr. Stones" combat class.

Whereas the JL is already something Jon's being a part of in Future State, and Naomi (also 17) is part of it. Plus, Clark's leaving.
    Mr Cyborg's. Apart from Donna who lacks a codename (and thus is Ms Troy), all of the Titans teachers are known by their codename (Mr Nightwing, Ms Starfire, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Conner's moved past teen to young adult after YJ and joining the suicide squad.
    Plot twist!
    spoilers:
    Conner did NOT join the Suicide Squad. Waller cloned him.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just feel whatever romance they do with Jon if they even do that has to be outright unique! And with Invincible aswell & people already comparing him to Mark if he dates a black woman I don't want her to get the Amber treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just feel whatever romance they do with Jon if they even do that has to be outright unique! And with Invincible aswell & people already comparing him to Mark if he dates a black woman I don't want her to get the Amber treatment.
    Kind of surprised they kept Eve a white but changed Amber to be black given what the ending will be.

But I suppose it balances out given Mark is half Asian in the show?

Kind of surprised they kept Eve a white but changed Amber to be black given what the ending will be.

But I suppose it balances out given Mark is half Asian in the show?
    Well to be fair they changed a lot about Invincible I hope they change more as the seasons progress some very problematic **** in later chapters of that comic.

is the current Jon-based series based out of Metropolis? Is he basing himself out of another city for once? (could be interesting, though of course, he can travel by flying speed anywhere...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is the current Jon-based series based out of Metropolis? Is he basing himself out of another city for once? (could be interesting, though of course, he can travel by flying speed anywhere...)
    Unknown, he first appeared to be global but issue 2 preview looked like he was living with Lois in the suburbs. So I guess in the metropolis suburbs.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.