Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1363

Solicits leaked a little early, here's my thoughts from the Damian thread:

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damian and Jon are getting Super Sons (now called Superman and Robin) special in January, Tomasi is writing it. It's not clear if this is the beginning of a new series, or just one shot.
    That Jimenez cover with Damian and Jon was exactly for this.
    Well...guess it's time for me to tap out. If they got Tomasi, I ain't got a leg to stand on anymore. RIP to the real Jon Kent, we hardly knew ye.

I'll buy the issue solely because Tomasi's name is on it. He's one of those writers I'll get anything from. Plus, Vik Bogdanovic is also drawing the issue, so that's cool, I guess.

Same. Not even a Tomasi written Super Sons reunion can get me on board with this. The fact that they even made a point to say they're not Super Sons anymore is just...eh. No thanks

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Solicits leaked a little early, here's my thoughts from the Damian thread:
    I'm not. I figured DC would probably try something like this eventually. But I want Jon de-aged and it's not negotiable. It doesn't matter if they got Tomasi to write it. You're giving up too easy I think.

They want to try and get the Super-Sons fans onboard, without actually giving us what we want, by trying to convince us that it can work with the aged up Jon. But it can't. It isn't going to have anything resembling the dynamic I liked and want back. Damian being 14 and Jon being 18 means it can't be the same and isn't going to be on top of the fact this Jon spent 7 years separated from everyone including Daiman being tortured in another universe. It's going to awkward as hell with age difference plus them either ignoring the circumstances of Jon or trying to adress it. It simply isn't going to work or be acceptable.

They hope Tomasi can give it a veneer of legitimacy, but it doesn't in my eyes. He has to work with what they give him, and I don't want what they given him to work with.

So, no. I'm not supporting this, just like I refuse to support anything else with an aged up Jon. I want him de-aged and the most I'm willing to compromise to is him being de-aged to Damian's age of 13-14. This is the first Super-Sons project I have to flat out reject and hope to fail, sadly, but it seems that DC is determined to try everything to get aged up Jon an audience and learn the hard way that I, and hopefully most other people, don't want aged up Jon. The ball is sadly in DC's court and they want to be stubborn about this.

Words can not describe how much I dislike Bendis and Didio right now. First I had to say no to a Taylor book and now I have zero interest in a Tomasi one. This sucks -___-

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm not. I figured DC would probably try something like this eventually. But I want Jon de-aged and it's not negotiable. It doesn't matter if they got Tomasi to write it. You're giving up too easy I think.

They want to try and get the Super-Sons fans onboard, without actually giving us what we want, by trying to convince us that it can work with the aged up Jon. But it can't. It isn't going to have anything resembling the dynamic I liked and want back. Damian being 14 and Jon being 18 means it can't be the same and isn't going to be on top of the fact this Jon spent 7 years separated from everyone including Daiman being tortured in another universe. It's going to awkward as hell with age difference plus them either ignoring the circumstances of Jon or trying to adress it. It simply isn't going to work or be acceptable.

They hope Tomasi can give it a veneer of legitimacy, but it doesn't in my eyes. He has to work with what they give him, and I don't want what they given him to work with.

So, no. I'm not supporting this, just like I refuse to support anything else with an aged up Jon. I want him de-aged and the most I'm willing to compromise to is him being de-aged to Damian's age of 13-14. This is the first Super-Sons project I have to flat out reject and hope to fail, sadly, but it seems that DC is determined to try everything to get aged up Jon an audience and learn the hard way that I, and hopefully most other people, don't want aged up Jon. The ball is sadly in DC's court and they want to be stubborn about this.
    You're right, I was very easily swayed by Tomasi's name. He's been my litmus test through this entire ordeal. His leaving DC with the presumption it was because of the age up, or at least that the age up was significant contributing factor, was a major feather in our cap for de-legitimizing the age up. Like I said, I'll buy anything with his name on it, but I forgot the man is a professional writer. Most writers would write books they creatively disagree with if they were paid enough, as I'm sure Tomasi was offered something pretty sweet for him to come back, even if it is for one issue.

I'm glad I'm not in this fight alone because seeing others just as vehemently opposed to the age up as I am reminds me exactly what we're fighting for and how we fight for it. Thank you.

It's definitely a losing battle but it's not the only one I'm a part of (Justice for the Spider-marriage, Scarlet Witch, and Franklin Richards!) and it's not one that I mind fighting. This boy got me back into DC comics, I'mma keep fighting for him XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's definitely a losing battle but it's not the only one I'm a part of (Justice for the Spider-marriage, Scarlet Witch, and Franklin Richards!) and it's not one that I mind fighting. This boy got me back into DC comics, I'mma keep fighting for him XD
    Right on, brother.

So next year when the Appreciation thread gets made again are you guys going to be stubborn and leave off his “Superman” title?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So next year when the Appreciation thread gets made again are you guys going to be stubborn and leave off his “Superman” title?
    Nah. This thread is for everyone. Regardless of if you prefer him as Superboy or Superman, if you love the real Jon or the new guy using his name and stealing his loved ones

But **** yeah I'mma keep being stubborn and continue to bitch to the heavens like an old man talking about how things were "back in his day" lol

All jokes aside though, I'mma always complain but I mean no ill will towards the people who are loving this current era for him. Glad y'all are getting something out of this, even if I only see it as a disaster.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-14-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My understanding is that these threads are supposed to comprehensive. No harm in putting everything in a title.

Incredible Member

So, quoting the actually substantial part of that solicit: "Now a ghost from Jon’s past has reared its head, and to battle this evil, he’ll need to reunite with Robin for one last mission into the heart of darkness."

Jon's past, so it's not also Damian's past, so it's not something from Super-sons. Could be related to the Legion, or to Bendis' space-trip, or to Hamilton county, or just be something random, I guess. I'm betting on Hamilton purely because I think Tomasi may want to give his co-creations some spotlight again.

Mother **** **** **** ****.

RIP Jon. May Death of the Endless take more mercy on you than your own family did.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    So, quoting the actually substantial part of that solicit: "Now a ghost from Jon’s past has reared its head, and to battle this evil, he’ll need to reunite with Robin for one last mission into the heart of darkness."

Jon's past, so it's not also Damian's past, so it's not something from Super-sons. Could be related to the Legion, or to Bendis' space-trip, or to Hamilton county, or just be something random, I guess. I'm betting on Hamilton purely because I think Tomasi may want to give his co-creations some spotlight again.
    You're right. I thought it was going to be Kid Amazo because that was like their only villain, but it specifically says Jon's past. It also says the "heart of darkness" and I interpret that to mean Earth-3, specifically the volcano he was tortured in for seven years. Just because this is a one-shot doesn't mean it can't or won't have wider universe implications. Could this be the first step in getting back the real Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Mother **** **** **** ****.

RIP Jon. May Death of the Endless take more mercy on you than your own family did.
    Call me a mule but I'm still not gonna act like Jon is dead. He's still chillin' somewhere on Earth-3, wondering why his family hated him so much that they actually let him go into space with clearly unhinged Grandpa.

As long as Superman: Son of Kal-El keep selling well, there is no chance of him being de-aged.

But as an Wally West fan, i would be a hypocrite if i said to you guys to move on from Kid Jon. Maybe on day in some future relaunch of the line.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.