Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1363
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

With all the outpouring of fake Jon fanart today, I'm glad someone remembered the OG.

Congrats are in order for you too, my son.

Source:
    https://twitter.com/automeruz/status...80886582284289
    Awww that is too cute. I'm betting we will see more art of this once the SuperSon's movie and YJ starts up with them being kids. I have a feeling we're going to see more art of young him.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I don't see why or how. They liked the character as he was before the age up. Making Jon swing both ways doesn't change anything about. Just because a character shares the same sexuality as them doesn't make real difference as to their existing problem. People aren't like light switches. A minor change that doesn't fix the existing major problem you have with the character or even doubles down it isn't going to get the result you. I think it's kind of insulting to think that Bi or Gay people who didn't like the age up are suddenly going to support it just because Teen Jon, who they didn't want, is kissing a boy. You're assuming that the only thing LGBT fans care about is see LGBT sex/romance and that overrides anything else they may be interested in.
    This! This so much! So many people think "Well if we do X to Character A then people will suddenly forget that they're mad about us doing Y to Character A because X is what they like right?" I've seen a lot of LGBT people complain about Jon suddenly being aged up AND rushed into a romance with a character we don't know enough about. This doesn't translate into readers. Unless these fans of this come out and buy his book and keep it high, maybe. But I think if Jay does turn out to be Magento to Jon's Charles, then you'll probably see some of these fans dip because they're not looking for a developed character they're just looking for cute and quirky art.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Unfortunately I think Jon's already slim chances of getting deaged are even lessened now. It would be considered weird if DC did anything with a bi-sexual kid Jon Kent. The 'Think of the children' crowd would not tolerate it. But a teenage Jon is fair game to explore a younger Superman in bi-sexual relationships. Though I didn't know the LGBT fandom that you've seen don't like the age up. If they didn't before, they probably will now.

You can absolutely de-age him. There are a lot of ways to do it. Off the top of my head.

1. Speedforce de-aging due to some event.
    2. Dimensional de-aging see Chris Kent
    3. Sudden manipulation of higher powered reality warping character.
    4. Pull a Reboot and have two Jon's running around like two Enzo's.
    5. Pull a Ben Rilley and hey it' s a clone of Jon aged up. Real Jon is in a deep sleep right now.

The art on Jon's comic is terrible.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

You can absolutely de-age him. There are a lot of ways to do it. Off the top of my head.

1. Speedforce de-aging due to some event.
    2. Dimensional de-aging see Chris Kent
    3. Sudden manipulation of higher powered reality warping character.
    4. Pull a Reboot and have two Jon's running around like two Enzo's.
    5. Pull a Ben Rilley and hey it' s a clone of Jon aged up. Real Jon is in a deep sleep right now.
    They aren't gonna de-age Jon. You should've given this up once the Future State stuff started rolling out.
    "Cable was right!"

With all the outpouring of fake Jon fanart today, I'm glad someone remembered the OG.

Source:
    I love this! Now I want to commission some art like this so his spirit still lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They aren't gonna de-age Jon. You should've given this up once the Future State stuff started rolling out.
    There's precedent for more significant changes that were around for a lot longer that got undone. We're not giving up just because DC is being obstinate.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They already have a precedence with aging and de-aging Chris. They have done this with Tim in that they had him in ready to be in college and then they brought him back down in age. They did it with Cassie as she was older in New 52. There's enough in DC comics to indicate that they can do it. Hell they killed and brought back a younger Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I love this! Now I want to commission some art like this so his spirit still lives on.

There's precedent for more significant changes that were around for a lot longer that got undone. We're not giving up just because DC is being obstinate.
    Yup very much so! I mean it took a while but we got back Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain. Given they're doing the Superson's movie that might push them to de aging him to around Damian's age at the least.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao as pretty as this is all I see is Clark. Jon should dye his hair.

Yeah, all jokes aside....that is 100% Clark XD

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah, all jokes aside....that is 100% Clark XD
    I know a solution to that problem.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah, it's a great fanart but the face is too strong to be Jon. Jon is skinny.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I was going to say thats nice Clark.

Thought this was pretty cute. It's such a crime that we likely won't ever be getting these three together (at least not how I would have wanted). The first best friend and the new best friend.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

clark square lean chiseled jaws is a modern byrne thing..supes looked like alex ross/siegel's(goldenage) work and curt swan's superman(silverage) doesn't have that either
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-13-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Source:
    Nice picture, the cape with the bi coloured flag is coloured really well against the light blue sky backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Nice picture, the cape with the bi coloured flag is coloured really well against the light blue sky backdrop.
    That, or the French flag? But why he would be wearing the French flag, as a cape no less, really doesn't have a good answer. So, bi-flag it is.