Page 61 of 91 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

I've always liked how he does colors. They're very soft but also bold, but not poppy, which contrasts nicely with his thin, angular linework.
    Last edited by garazza; 08-25-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Lightbulb

A final thought -

You know a great compromise would have been to age Jon via a time skip but to 14 or 15, not 17/18. Some of the best superhero properties in the past twenty years (or so) have been about high school-aged superheroes coming to terms with their abilities and place in the world while trying to live a "normal" life; Buffy, Static Shock, Ben 10 (latter part), MHA, Young Justice Animated, etc. Jon was 11 to start with so a time skip of about four years would not have substantially affected adult characters in the shared DCU that much. DC could have dragged the four years of high school out for at least a decade if they so desired telling great stories along the way. Alas all that potential wasted, oh well.....
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-25-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I've been saying that for ages. It still would have been unfortunate but I'd have complained a lot less and felt like we missed out on a lot less if the age up wasn't as drastic as it was. Just make him 14 and start him off as a freshman in high school. Hell, put him in Titans Academy or something on the side while you're at it (he'd be the most interesting person in that freshman class). He'd be older so DC can feel like they can "do stuff with him", as if they couldn't before, but he'd still be young enough to be a kid who's still got a lot of growing to do. Plus he and Damian would finally be on equal footing, age-wise lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-25-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A final thought -

You know a great compromise would have been to age Jon via a time skip but to 14 or 15, not 17/18. Some of the best superhero properties in the past twenty years (or so) have been about high school-aged superheroes coming to terms with their abilities and place in the world while trying to live a "normal" life; Buffy, Static Shock, Ben 10 (latter part), MHA, Young Justice Animated, etc. Jon was 11 to start with so a time skip of about four years would not have substantially affected adult characters in the shared DCU that much. DC could have dragged the four years of high school out for at least a decade if they so desired telling great stories along the way. Alas all that potential wasted, oh well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've been saying that for ages. It still would have been unfortunate but I'd have complained a lot less and felt like we missed out on a lot less if the age up wasn't as drastic as it was. Just make him 14 and start him off as a freshman in high school. Hell, put him in Titans Academy or something on the side while you're at it (he'd be the most interesting person in that freshman class). He'd be older so DC can feel like they can "do stuff with him", as if they couldn't before, but he'd still be young enough to be a kid who's still got a lot of growing to do.
    Now I'm the one agreeing with everything y'all have to say.

I've been saying that for ages. It still would have been unfortunate but I'd have complained a lot less and felt like we missed out on a lot less if the age up wasn't as drastic as it was. Just make him 14 and start him off as a freshman in high school. Hell, put him in Titans Academy or something on the side while you're at it (he'd be the most interesting person in that freshman class). He'd be older so DC can feel like they can "do stuff with him", as if they couldn't before, but he'd still be young enough to be a kid who's still got a lot of growing to do. Plus he and Damian would finally be on equal footing, age-wise lol
    Alas, the sweet spot has been missed. Jon will have a hard time ever being as iconic as other heroes unless they correct this deficiency down the road. His formative years have been lost.

Edit I've said it before and I'll say it again, DC has the uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This is merely the latest example.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I suppose I'll be the guy to post this: https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...38125416697861

This has been brought up before, but I am happy they're going for the sleekly svelte muscular athletic look for Jon's Superman. It's a very handsome look on him, and it really does give the physical, visual point of differentiation from his father's Superman.

Spectacular Member

Alas, the sweet spot has been missed. Jon will have a hard time ever being as iconic as other heroes unless they correct this deficiency down the road. His formative years have been lost.

Edit I've said it before and I'll say it again, DC has the uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This is merely the latest example.
    This is going to age like milk

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I suppose I'll be the guy to post this: https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...38125416697861

Hm, Jon is in his Superboy costume instead of his new one? Wonder if that means anything in particular. The timelines are still confusing around the Super books.

Maybe an arc is too much to hope for, but it would be really fun to get a Taylor/Jimenez one-off story for SoKE.

I don't think it's for anything official. From the way he was talking on twitter it sounds like he did this drawing just because.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I don't think it's for anything official. From the way he was talking on twitter it sounds like he did this drawing just because.
    The tweet has the hashtag “#cover”, so I think it’s for something official?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    I concur with the sentiments, as I feel what they are doing with Jon is excellent!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That looks pretty sweet.But,i wanted to see the new look to be drawn by him.Preferably capeless!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    It'll age like a fine wine, we'll see.

Bland Teen Sups Clone Jon is all sizzle no steak. He's the next Ben Reilly (sorry Ben fans) not the next Miles Morales, mark my words.

Because this is an appreciation thread I won't say more. I don't believe in ragging on characters in their own appreciation threads. I've had my say already.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-25-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Because this is an appreciation thread I won't say more. I don't believe in ragging on characters in their own appreciation threads. I've had my say already.
    I mean...it's ragging but with love lol

I mean...it's ragging but with love lol
    I've tried to stay positive by suggesting solutions and showing what I feel was done wrong, but certain users are getting on my last nerve with the one-liners and old quotes from people. I don't trust myself to stay (mostly) positive so I'm bowing out before I rage out lol.