Page 10 of 91 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

So instead of sitting there with a goofy face or mashing lips with basic blonde broad Jon actually threw a punch in Legion today so that's something still giving basic beta male vibes but hey he threw a punch.

Also I read Challenge today and he was hysterical there I was so amused.
    Last edited by Journey; 01-19-2021 at 07:07 AM.

I just thought of something: if Clark leaves Earth, does that mean that Jon is going to take his place on the Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just thought of something: if Clark leaves Earth, does that mean that Jon is going to take his place on the Justice League?
    I assume that is what Black Adam would be for.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Or Bendis just ignores what's happening in other books and does whatever the hell he wants. Historically, that's also a possibility, and he wouldn't be the first Justice League writer to do it (Geoff Johns in the DCYou era comes to mind).
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Or Bendis just ignores what's happening in other books and does whatever the hell he wants. Historically, that's also a possibility, and he wouldn't be the first Justice League writer to do it (Geoff Johns in the DCYou era comes to mind).
    Justice League when Rebirth kicked off also fits there. For example; in the Flash Comic, Barry is getting back with Iris and everything. In Justice League, he's suddenly asking Jessica Cruz out.... To say nothing of the rather lackluster arcs during the first year or two.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m not afraid to say that Jon was a better Superman in the DCeased Dead Planet finale then he was in Superman of Metropolis. He gets a lot of good moments in it.
    Superman in dceased is a vanilla hero.He is exactly a copy of his dad and his dad is out of action.The only reason it works is cause the setting is more failure centric.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-19-2021 at 11:13 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

DCeased Jon and Damian are one of those weird cases where it's not the direction I'd ever wanna see those two go in, in the main timeline, but for an elseworld story where they're taking on those mantles to honor their dead fathers, I was cool with it. And, in spite of the circumstances, there were still points where I felt like Taylor really excelled at making Jon still feel like...well....Jon. The only other writer to make me feel that way about older Jon so far is Williamson. But even then, he's still stuck in a story that's just...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    DCeased Jon and Damian are one of those weird cases where it's not the direction I'd ever wanna see those two go in, in the main timeline, but for an elseworld story where they're taking on those mantles to honor their dead fathers, I was cool with it. And, in spite of the circumstances, there were still points where I felt like Taylor really excelled at making Jon still feel like...well....Jon. The only other writer to make me feel that way about older Jon so far is Williamson. But even then, he's still stuck in a story that's just...meh.
    Zombie stories in general tend to not go anywhere I mean look at the walking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Zombie stories in general tend to not go anywhere I mean look at the walking dead.
    Yeah well this one went somewhere very different then most zombie stories, and I would say that what is left to deal with is entirely DC in nature.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I was calling Williamson's Justice League "meh", not DCeased. I usually hate zombie stuff but I fucking loved DCeased lol

True. People keep cycling Jason's story back to UTRH. And I keep having to go, "c'mon people! Jason is passed being the zombie of the Bat Family by now! He's done a lot of other things, as the zombie of the Bat Family!"

Extraordinary Member

Jon does not look great in Superman and Lois
    And let me guess no powers for him

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jon does not look great in Superman and Lois
    And let me guess no powers for him
    I mean I would assume if both sons had no idea that their dad was Superman they have no idea if they have powers. I’m sure the show will explore that idea though, hard to think they wouldn’t.
    Words to live by.

It would be interesting if they of them had powers. I mean, imagine being Superman's son but getting none of his powers. But at least one of them will have powers based on that scene where they get giant metal tubes dropped on top if them in the barn.

I just feel like Jon is gonna suck no shade to the actor but one he don't look like the character, two the writing is from the CW they ain't known for quality I'm getting douchier jockier Archie Andrew's and that just ain't the move.