Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Ooooh he goes by Jace, huh? Yeah **** that. Just another reason why I REALLY don't want Future State coming to pass. If anyone is the Bat representative of this next gen Trinity, it should be Damian.
    I mean hey I much rather Damian meets Jon during his fight tournament in his ongoing series by Williamson, just to meet as friends again, but Jace does exist and they are setting him up to be his own Batman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I read Superman #29, and while I won’t spoil I will say that we do get a moment between Jon and Clark that Bendis kind of neglected, basically the awkwardness that comes with it’s been only a short while for Clark that Jon was 11 but Jon lived a whole lifetime and is naturally 16/17.

Also we actually get Jon’s feelings on people potentially calling him Superman.
    Hmm well Damian is 14 now the gap between them isn’t so bad aside from the physical size but that doesn’t matter.

Mighty Member

Damian should still be the older one. The dynamic just works better and is more unique.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Hmm well Damian is 14 now the gap between them isn’t so bad aside from the physical size but that doesn’t matter.
    Where are you getting this thing with Damian being upped to 14? I didn't see any mention of it in his recent back ups. He still looks 13 to me.
    And sorry, but the circumstances and amount Jon was aged up in those circumstances remain unacceptable to. It needs to be undone in order for me to be happy with the books again.

I think Williamson confirmed that Damian is officially 14 when his book starts. Makes sense. He should have been 14 a long time ago. Jon aged up a year between Tomasi and Bendis' run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think Williamson confirmed that Damian is officially 14 when his book starts. Makes sense. He should have been 14 a long time ago. Jon aged up a year between Tomasi and Bendis' run.
    Do you have a link to this interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Do you have a link to this interview?
    https://www.gamesradar.com/goodbye-b...robin-ongoing/

Here is the exact quote from this interview: "Like, he's 14 in the book. I just think a lot about what I was at as a 14-year-old and what this kid is going through. Like yeah, he's this master assassin, but he's still a kid and he still needs his parents. He's still able to do what he does and he has these people he surrounds himself with over time, but the story with Talia will get picked up again later."
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-super...action-comics/

I like Tom Taylor and John Timms so I am completely okay with this, especially since he has always wanted to write an in-continuity good Superman.

Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I like Tom Taylor and John Timms so I am completely okay with this, especially since he has always wanted to write an in-continuity good Superman.

As somebody who feels very strongly about wanting Jon deaged, this doesn't change anything. I want Jon de-aged and that's final. So I'm not giving it a chance and hope others wil do the same so DC gets the message to de-age Jon.

Well, the only thing here that I didn't see coming was Taylor writing the book. He's still one of my favorite authors at DC but and I have been absolutely loving his Nightwing so far, but....yeah. This is still gonna be a super (no pun intended) hard pass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    As somebody who feels very strongly about wanting Jon deaged, this doesn't change anything. I want Jon de-aged and that's final. So I'm not giving it a chance and hope others wil do the same so DC gets the message to de-age Jon.
    I’m starting to think it’s to late. Time isn’t exactly moving forward but it is not slowing down. Damian is 14 now, he may just catch up to Jon. I don’t like forcing him into adulthood (it’s nice to have a male protagonist who is not worried about relationships)

Astonishing Member

The only way deage can happen is if Jon-Superman is a big flop. Then they might do it.
    This will definitely not happen in the coming years, and I'm not sure if they should. Time has passed, they have their own plans, their own ideas, there are a bunch of authors who can do something interesting with the character. Taylor deserves his chance, just like Johnson and anyone else.

Yeah I'm also like 90% sure it's too late. Unless these books somehow manage to do really poorly. In which case, they'd either fix Jon or put him on a bus like they've done to most of Young Justice. Hoping for the former but right now the latter wouldn't really upset me as much as it would have before. Neither of those things are very likely to happen though.

This current state is just...something we're gonna be stuck with for a while.

There really isn't any point of Jon now if you ask me.

I hope it'll be close to the Superman of Metropolis in term of vibe for Jon. And if it means that we won't get another bout of him as a kid, bonus point for me.