Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Current version of Supersons only exist whenever Jon writers want to use some nostalgia for that era. Regardless of what the interviews say, they're always framed as a thing of the past rather than something ongoing (even if Jon and Damian remain close friends).

I'm also betting on an out-of-continuity film featuring the younger versions of both characters. In case it was an in-continuity thing, I'd bet on time-travel once again using the younger versions of both characters. I don't see any scenario where they'd use 17-year-old Jon as the protagonist of that movie, though.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know that, but technically Flashpoint created an alternate universe to begin with and was set off through time travel.
    Then you're arguing semantics.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

It's going to be their younger versions, since they will definitely market it for younger audience, and their current versions dynamic wasn't explored enough yet to make something about them.
    To be honest I'm hoping for animated series.

I'm thinking it makes the most sense to be an all ages DTV or production starring Jon and Damian. Not that they could do something different with it, but it seems the most sensible thing.

Like how they're marketing a Home Alone Christmas special with Damian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Then you're arguing semantics.
    I'm just saying...never underestimate the power of Barry Allen screwing over the timeline .

They could, or they'll just use the current version because they have an agenda beyond just putting out a Super Sons movie.
    I love ya, bro. But do not ruin this for me by speaking that or the 5G scenario into existence. Those are fighting words, right there lol

I need something to feel good about in regards to Jon again. Just let me have my simple ass Super Sons cartoon XD

I could see them making Jon and Damian right about the same age, which Young Justice has done, and something I wouldn't be opposed to. Rather than the 3-4 year gap (don't go off, don't go off, don't go off), maybe a year at most.

I'd be cool with them being the same age like they are in DCeased.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't think supersons will go for the current setup which features a superMAN on his own.Not a kid paling around..This will more likely be aimed at kids..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

Super-sons would have to be pretty far into development if they are already making backgrounds to be shown at fandome

And it makes sense why they would make a super-sons film

The premise is marketable

The son of Superman and Batman working together

Boom…done

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The current versions aren't really the marketable Super Sons though. At least right now.

I know that, but technically Flashpoint created an alternate universe to begin with and was set off through time travel.

The only reasons I can see them doing time skips is so we can get to Dark Victory for Robin or Barbara Gordon old enough to be Batgirl.

I'm betting on an Elseworlds film.
    They seem to be building up to the COIE storyline in the tomorrowverse with the introduction of earth-two and psycho pirate

I wouldn’t be surprised if this leads to an ultimate crossover between countless animated DC properties that creates the “one big timeline” similar to Bored at three am’s fanfiction project

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this leads to an ultimate crossover between countless animated DC properties that creates the “one big timeline” similar to Bored at three am’s fanfiction project
    You hear that Warner Bros!? People are buzzing about my work! Buzzing, I say! Where's my cheque, goddamit!

I’m moving the discussion from PKJ’s thread to here where it belongs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I want Jon's time on Earth 3 to be revisited not so they can find some more convoluted way to de-age him so we can return to Tomasi's Rebirth era. I want it revisited because I want Jon to emerge as his own individual formed by his own experiences beyond being the son of Superman and Lois Lane. He can very much still be the hero who has hope even after going through what he did, I just just want that expanded and fleshed out as opposed to reducing it to a line or two. Build upon, add to the character, don't take away/slip things under the rug just because they are uncomfortable. Why do with Jon what has been done to Clark many times over just because people don't like certain directions. Yes, not everything written about these characters is going to satisfy everyone but at the very least don't obliterate opportunities for character growth just for a "clean" reset. Why do people have an aversion to making lemonade when we're given lemons. I wasn't happy with the age up because of how it was written but that doesn't mean I want to go back either. I don't want him to be a flat caricature of his folks.
    I understand but they’ve been ignoring or erasing Jon’s continuity from the very beginning due to the convoluted way they chose to create him. Remember when Thomas Wayne delivered Jon in the Batcave? Remember how it was a plot point that the only reason they could even have Jon was because of Clark’s powers getting stripped from him? Well that’s gone. The pre-Reborn part of Tomasi’s Superman run didn’t even make sense anymore after they got folded back in. Jon endures because of the appeal of his basic hook (being Superman’s biological son with Lois) which carries him despite him being a convoluted as all hell character. For him to succeed, DC has chosen to continually prune away the more bizarre parts of his backstory. To launch a new series with him that hits new readers straight away with continuity is a bad choice and it’s why they didn’t do that.

Hickman has not and never will explain how the X-Men went from Rosenberg’s Uncanny to HoX/PoX, that’s simply not the story he was interested in telling. Likewise Taylor is never going to bring up the volcano unless he wants to because it’s not relevant to the story he wants to tell.

The past events that will shape Jon and which matter are his birth and friendship with Damian and that’s it. That’s all DC, or frankly anyone including Jon’s fans considering how the Super Sons relationship seems to be the main/only thing they care about, considers important enough to carry forward. Anything else that plays a big role in shaping his personality will unfold in SSOKE on the page.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-12-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

RESSURECTION!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTrYZkRl...medium=twitter

So, we now have a named for the next "season" (it seems to function like Naomi where the book comes and goes based on arcs): "The Gold Lantern Saga". It was a major plot point that Bendis deliberately left open at the very end of the book.

But the more potentially hype news is Bendis putting in the hashtag "I'd totally watch that show". This isn't even the first time Bendis has linked Legion to a potential screen adaptation. Granted, this could just be him flexin' along with some wishful thinking. But, Bendis' batting average on adaptations is, what, like 95%? Outside of like Lee and Kirby he's maybe the most adapted comic book writer around. Millar maybe comes close. The man's responsible for the two most popular on-screen takes of Spider-Man to date. And in what has to be the fastest comic to screen move I've ever seen, Naomi is getting a full TV show.

I find it hard to bet against him when it comes to this specific talent.

And to be honest, the Legion is the one other major team property DC still needs to put on screen (and likely wants to). Titans, the JSA, and the JLA are all seeing the light of day in some from, and with HBO MAX allowing for what seems to be more freedom with these shows (the Val-Zod show), I could totally see us getting Bendis' Legion on there. And, yeah, it would totally be Bendis' take. In today's social climate, Bendis' particularly diverse take on Legion would more than likely beat out the classic take.

Does that then mean there could be two TV Jon Kents (if this goes to Max). Or does this somehow make it to CW alongside Naomi and S&L, and my long standing theory/wish of Jon leaving S&L comes true?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bad enough Bendis ruined comic book Jon. The last thing I want happening is the Superman & Lois version getting dragged into his Legion and ruined like the comic book version was.

Besides which, Young Justice animated series is most likely exploring the Legion in their own show. And with a showrunner that's actually proven, and proven to be good.

All-New Member

RESSURECTION!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTrYZkRl...medium=twitter

So, we now have a named for the next "season" (it seems to function like Naomi where the book comes and goes based on arcs): "The Gold Lantern Saga". It was a major plot point that Bendis deliberately left open at the very end of the book.

But the more potentially hype news is Bendis putting in the hashtag "I'd totally watch that show". This isn't even the first time Bendis has linked Legion to a potential screen adaptation. Granted, this could just be him flexin' along with some wishful thinking. But, Bendis' batting average on adaptations is, what, like 95%? Outside of like Lee and Kirby he's maybe the most adapted comic book writer around. Millar maybe comes close. The man's responsible for the two most popular on-screen takes of Spider-Man to date. And in what has to be the fastest comic to screen move I've ever seen, Naomi is getting a full TV show.

I find it hard to bet against him when it comes to this specific talent.

And to be honest, the Legion is the one other major team property DC still needs to put on screen (and likely wants to). Titans, the JSA, and the JLA are all seeing the light of day in some from, and with HBO MAX allowing for what seems to be more freedom with these shows (the Val-Zod show), I could totally see us getting Bendis' Legion on there. And, yeah, it would totally be Bendis' take. In today's social climate, Bendis' particularly diverse take on Legion would more than likely beat out the classic take.

Does that then mean there could be two TV Jon Kents (if this goes to Max). Or does this somehow make it to CW alongside Naomi and S&L, and my long standing theory/wish of Jon leaving S&L comes true?
    I think Bendis was probably brought on specifically because he is known as someone who makes comics with successful adaptations. DC were probably trying to tap into that magic and that's why they gave him so many projects. I don't think it really paid off for them though. Naomi was well regarded but Young Justice was a flop and his Superman run was controversial. DC has never stated otherwise but I don't think Legion met their expectations either. DC was teasing and advertising for that book for a while. They were teased in DC Rebirth and then in Doomsday Clock. Then Bendis brought them back in his Superman run. They were given a lead up with Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium. Bendis even went on Seth Meyers and promoted his upcoming Legion book there https://www.avclub.com/seth-meyers-g...ays-1836722033

And then the book came out and debuted to a soft 75,000 copies https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-11.html
    But by issue 5 had fallen to 29,000 https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-03.html which is pretty bad for a book with as much marketing as it got.

Considering the book was cancelled by issue 12 and DC have taken their time in getting a new one going I don't think it met their expectations. If and/or when they do get around to having a new Legion series I kinda expect to be back-ups in another book, probably Justice League. If they do give it its own book then I would be very pessimistic of its chances of success. And if they can't get the Legion to work as a comic book I have no idea why they would get it to work as an ongoing show. A previous Legion of Superheroes cartoon adaptation from 2006 wasn't successful either. Unless there's someone beyond the scenes with a lot of power that's pushing for it I don't see if happening. I think Bendis is just complimenting the art and making a wishful statement, that's my cynical take on the situation.

That said, if it does happen it won't be live action and won't be connected to the CW shows. They'll probably make it animated since it wouldn't make financial sense otherwise. You're making a show in the far future with a massive cast full of aliens. There's no way someone would greenlight the budget needed for that for that to be a live action show. Not with something that has such weak brand power and public awareness as the Legion of Superheroes.