Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

HA!

But honestly Garyson may not be too far off, right? Taylor spoiled that Dick would be the one giving Jon the "whoa, you've got a lot of power and you're making a lot of big moves, and it's making some people nervous" as opposed to Bruce (hope that means Jon shows up in Nightwing. NEED to see him drawn by Redondo!), so maybe Dick shows up an goes "what's all this I hear about my "cousin" overthrowing dictators?"

As a first name maybe they go with Jordan, honestly? If they want to mix with the shown some. But that may be a bit too confusing.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

F&%K ALL THAT! JON'S LAST NAME SHOULD BE OLSEN AND HE SHOULD USE KRYPTONIAN TECH TO MAKE HIS HAIR RED!!! I have spoken.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'd like his name to be Jordan Lane.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    HA!

But honestly Garyson may not be too far off, right? Taylor spoiled that Dick would be the one giving Jon the "whoa, you've got a lot of power and you're making a lot of big moves, and it's making some people nervous" as opposed to Bruce (hope that means Jon shows up in Nightwing. NEED to see him drawn by Redondo!), so maybe Dick shows up an goes "what's all this I hear about my "cousin" overthrowing dictators?"
    Bruce sends Dick to tell Jon to chill with the whole destabilizing the global power structure thing, and meanwhile Damian is sending Jon more Truth links on eating the rich

F&%K ALL THAT! JON'S LAST NAME SHOULD BE OLSEN AND HE SHOULD USE KRYPTONIAN TECH TO MAKE HIS HAIR RED!!! I have spoken.
    I’ve been holding hope that Jon gets the appearance-altering glasses that Kara had at the beginning of Rebirth:

It’s a great tech update to the classic glasses; no more “why doesn’t anyone recognize Clark Kent”, since different hair and eye color can dramatically shift one’s perception of another person. Personally, I’d love it if Jon’s alternate identity has brown hair and purple eyes just like his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd like his name to be Jordan Lane.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t mind if he used Lois’ last name. Just play up the Lane side of him.
    Last edited by oneveryfineday; 07-28-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Also, Legion is a weird hill to die on when it appears to have been quietly cancelled.
    I think Legion has a decent chance of coming back? Bendis has been teasing it on his social media, but what caught my attention was the recent SDCC panel when the editor said they were going to introduce Superman and the Authority, Son of Kal-El, Action Comics and…Legion of Super-heroes. They never got around to talking about it though. It could still be part of the slow rollout for IF.

BANNED

Sam

Legion sold 30,000 per issue

Around the same number of sales of Barry Allen’s flash and Diana’s Wonder Woman

Cultural touchstones

Not that legion was anything special or that Jon is a cultural touchstone

But certainly far more popular than Chris kent and even Conner half the time

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Sam

Cultural touchstones

Definitely more well known than Chris.
    I don’t know about Conner though.
    He’s had big roles in Young Justice and Titans tv shows and a long publishing history.
    I’d be curious to see a poll on that.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I think Legion has a decent chance of coming back? Bendis has been teasing it on his social media, but what caught my attention was the recent SDCC panel when the editor said they were going to introduce Superman and the Authority, Son of Kal-El, Action Comics and…Legion of Super-heroes. They never got around to talking about it though. It could still be part of the slow rollout for IF.
    That is the uncertain question.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Sam
    Cultural touchstones
    Wonder how much the Legion still is a touchstone. Undoubtly more than Chris Kent, anyway. But if the title was selling that good, why it was stopped? It is this the way they are going to publish the Legion? On intermittent basis? Once every two years, maybe? At least I hope this year there is somekind of news about the Legion. My limit however is december this year to have somekind of news or announcement.
    Maybe in the next solicitations (November) there will be news.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Yeah, if DC was happy with the Legion sales, it would have continued, and I certainly wouldn't say either Flash or Wonder Woman has been selling well the past two years.

The simple fact is since 2018, DC sales have not been in a healthy place. They kept things afloat with highly publicized gimmicks and card stock variants, but aside from the Batman line, the bottom has really fallen out, and some sort of relaunch needs to happen soon across the board if they want to recover. Regardless of how the new Jon Kent Superman title does, Infinite Frontier is a not a success. It's more DCYou than New52 or Rebirth. Something needs to be rethought.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Literally the only thing Legion had going for it was the beautiful art the story was all over the place, it will not be missed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Literally the only thing Legion had going for it was the beautiful art the story was all over the place, it will not be missed.
    Actually,the world building was quite good.Bendis is an idea guy..His writing is not that great..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually,the world building was quite good.Bendis is an idea guy..His writing is not that great..
    ^This^

Dude's good at setting things up but his execution leaves A LOT to be desired. He was like that over at Marvel too, but my God, he's almost been worse with DC. Even the books that I thought I'd enjoy from him (Young Justice and Justice League) were great ideas with less than desirable executions (that's me being nice, in Young Justice's case)

Like...it's hard to top the multiple character assassinations (and one literal assassination) that happened in Civil War II. But he is definitely trying to outdo himself.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-28-2021 at 10:11 PM.

I've always been of the opinion that Bendis should just retire and become an editor. He has a good eye for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would had prefered than that worldbuilding had not been done at the expense of an already existing world, with least imaginative ideas.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I would had prefered than that worldbuilding had not been done at the expense of an already existing world, with least imaginative ideas.
    Considering how superman,batman..etc have thousands of re-imaginings,origins..etc.Asking that would be hard.American comics is built on characters from the 30s,40s..etc..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Hard but not impossible.
    With Bendis, all I had saw was a rehash of Superboy and the Legion from the 50s. The work of Ryan Sook was the only good thing about it.