Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Shipping is the bane of fiction..you run from it..avoid it..but it will always arrive..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm fine with shipping but I didn't have any ships for Jon. I was neutral to him and Saturn Girl. I was more interested in Mon-el's avoidance of him than his love life.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Shipping is the bane of fiction..you run from it..avoid it..but it will always arrive..
    [hugs collection of BBRae paraphernalia]

XD

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fine with shipping but I didn't have any ships for Jon. I was neutral to him and Saturn Girl. I was more interested in Mon-el's avoidance of him than his love life.
    That's because Jon was the least interesting part of an already pretty uninteresting book. And his bland ass relationship that went nowhere didn't make things any better.

That said, are there like....good Legion runs that I could check out? Because the concept itself did sound really interesting. But that most recent one was just...no. Not as bad as Bendis' Young Justice but still...no.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-03-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Tom Taylor giving Jon a girlfriend is gonna be great. I bet it's that Kryptonian girl from Warworld.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Tom Taylor giving Jon a girlfriend is gonna be great. I bet it's that Kryptonian girl from Warworld.
    I'm hoping otherwise, but I'm expecting it. No way they're missing out on Superman/Supergirl shipping now that it isn't completely gross (if Thao-La ends up being the new Supergirl, which I'm hoping she isn't but I'm expecting her to be).

My 2 cents make Jon Bi & I guarantee this comic will trend all over, or pair him with a black woman. Saturn Girl was just Bland uninspired & the epitome of basic but that fits Bendis's brand.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd say Jon's within some pretty great striking distance for his potential girlfriend to 100% be a woman of color.

- He and Thao-La's "I don't like you. Right back at ya" dynamic lends itself very, very easily to romance. Plus, not only are Jon's future descendants black, but some are also blood related to Thao's people.

- Jon's likely going to be in Justice League as its Superman. And I've long since sensed the potential for Jon and Naomi to date. Plus both characters have shows on the CW.

- He and Yara have been linked via the Superman/Wonder Woman comic, but the likelihood of them dating is low given that Yara is apparently in her mid 20s while Jon is still 17. But the point is that she's yet another woman of color he's linked heavily to.

- The Superman related films and TV shows on Max are going to feature a Latina Supergirl and two Black Supermen. It's so much more likely that we'll see DC capitalize on this via having their new Superman date a woman of either race.

- Both Jon and Jordan (who is effectively Jon) have either expressed interest or are dating girls of color in Superman & Lois.

I'd be shocked if Taylor being Taylor would see all of that and pair him with a white girl.

That said, I'm going to assume the girl Jon dates will be a normal human. She'll likely be either the leader or main players in The Truth organization, and she'll be the one to really open his eyes to what exactly more he could be doing as the new Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I prefer a bisexual Jon kent whose in a three way relationship with a female and a male

Ideally with an aged up Damian and Yara at the same time
    Last edited by kryptonian; 08-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.

I'm just saying "Supermans Son is Bisexual" would trend all over Twitter & give much needed publicity. Y'all seen what happened with Mineta from MHA the other day!
    Last edited by Journey; 08-03-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd say Jon's within some pretty great striking distance for his potential girlfriend to 100% be a woman of color.

- He and Thao-La's "I don't like you. Right back at ya" dynamic lends itself very, very easily to romance. Plus, not only are Jon's future descendants black, but some are also blood related to Thao's people.

- Jon's likely going to be in Justice League as its Superman. And I've long since sensed the potential for Jon and Naomi to date. Plus both characters have shows on the CW.

- He and Yara have been linked via the Superman/Wonder Woman comic, but the likelihood of them dating is low given that Yara is apparently in her mid 20s while Jon is still 17. But the point is that she's yet another woman of color he's linked heavily to.

- The Superman related films and TV shows on Max are going to feature a Latina Supergirl and two Black Supermen. It's so much more likely that we'll see DC capitalize on this via having their new Superman date a woman of either race.

- Both Jon and Jordan (who is effectively Jon) have either expressed interest or are dating girls of color in Superman & Lois.

I'd be shocked if Taylor being Taylor would see all of that and pair him with a white girl.

That said, I'm going to assume the girl Jon dates will be a normal human. She'll likely be either the leader or main players in The Truth organization, and she'll be the one to really open his eyes to what exactly more he could be doing as the new Superman.
    Yeah, it'll probably be Thao-La. Ronan and Rowan Kent are really cool, so it kinda needs to be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, it'll probably be Thao-La. Ronan and Rowan Kent are really cool, so it kinda needs to be canon.
    It's really a coin toss, honestly. Thao's relationship with Lois can be seen as a mother/daughter deal, and her dynamic with Jon can totally be seen as a squabbling brother and sister. And as I said before, there's a fair shot Taylor wants Jon's love interest to be human. Plus she's technically coming from another book.

But on the other hand if part of the idea behind this era is to improve upon ideas in the New 52 ideas that are now impossible, then the Superman/Wonder Woman dynamic is likely. Yara and Jon can't hook up, and it seems like DC wants to make that clear from the word go, and that's why Yara is in her 20s while Jon is still a teen.

But from an IP standpoint? If you can help, in this day and age, you don't want to have to mix IPs outside of team ups. Like, you don't want to make one IP dependent on another one that's not even in the same "family". Makes adaptation that much harder. That's why Taylor specifically said that Jon's about to meet someone that he can talk to and confide in on the same level he does with Damian. This new character is to make Jon's IP self sufficient from Damian, and Taylor continuing to add in Damian is mainly just fan service rather than the actual heavy lifting.

So keeping that in mind, Yara as his girlfriend is even more unlikely. But suppose you had a homegrown Superman character who is shown using a sword, functioning as a fish-out-of-water like the New 52 WW, and of similar strength to our Superman? Well then you've got what is basically an in-house Wonder Woman.

And if she is to stay with Lois, and Lois is to remain a major part of Jon's book, then chances are we could see more of her in Jon's book. And as of now, Jon has no back-ups in his book. That could possibly change down the line when Thao's fate is revealed. PKJ did say that Sean Lewis wasn't the only one writing back-ups for the main Superman book. Lewis' stuff is done, so we could now get some Thao in there.

Also, if this is supposed to be the "anti-Injustice", then Thao would potentially be the stand-in for Diana, but shown in a much better light. She could be the person who "checks" Jon and keeps him from overstepping because she's seen first hand what a tyrant looks like. It all lines up pretty well.

But like I said, chances are good that Jon'll date a human, and while that's probably overdue, I'd be more interested in him and Thao starting something up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah, if it's a human, it should be a girl he meets at college.

I'm so mad at myself. I've just hyped myself up for Jon and Thao's potential relationship under Taylor without even being sure of it being a romantic one!

But it could be soooo good.

I'd even go back on my guess that she'll be Supergirl. If a relationship with Jon is the idea then she could legit just be Thao-La the same way Lois is Lois and Jimmy is Jimmy. DC's really about making new characters right now that aren't technically legacy (see Ghost Maker, Crush, and Punchline), so why not Thao-La?

Since DC was the one that came to PKJ with the idea for House of El in Future State, I wonder if they were thinking Jon has to end up with a super powered woman-- if not an outright Kryptonian-ish woman so that it makes sense that the descendants keep the amount of power that they're shown having? I know DC's wanted Superman with a super powered love interest for a while now (namely Wonder Woman). Likely why Kathy ended up having powers and being an alien, and why he dated Saturn Girl. So maybe that'll overrule Taylor likely thinking a human may be the way to go?

And Taylor's certainly not above keeping a known hero as a supporting cast member in his solo books. Johnny Storm in Spider-Man, Angel in Wolverine, and Barbra in Nightwing right now. So this isn't a situation where he'd feel she'd "upstage" Jon I imagine.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-03-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Well, if Jon dates anybody I think there's probably a better chance of it being someone exclusive to his solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if Jon dates anybody I think there's probably a better chance of it being someone exclusive to his solo book.
    I don't think it being a girl within the sphere of the Superman books is outlandish.