Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
Sure, if said patrols a only really designed to get two or more character alone to either hook up, argue, reconcile, or play up an interpersonal dynamic because the actual whoever-the-f#%k they're patrolling for couldn't matter less because it's in the far flung future with nearly zero context for the average viewer to draw from. It's why Bendis boiling the first in part down to Ultra Boy dealing with his father, and his father employing a wizard gangster to steal a DC artifact that actually means something to a reader works well and is adaptation friendly.
I think the character interactions is definitely important, but I think the universe the characters inhabit can be equally memorable and significant.
Then unironically being teen space cops would make you wonder why you don't just watch a GL show (which they already have in the works)
The unironically space cops are the Science Police though. The Legion are literal Superheroes.
You're equating "high" sights with high concept, and that's not really true or fair. High sights, especially in now that the superhero market is so saturated with content, is mixing genre and making these things a "_____show or movie that happens to be about superheroes". We're past the point of treating these shows and films as their own genre because no one is impressed or grabbed by that as much as they used to be. So aim to aim to make this show the one thing we've SHOCKINGLY not seen done well yet: superhero science fiction meets young adult drama.

Functionally speaking, DC's sitting on Harry Potter meets capes with this, so I'd rather they do THAT than space teen cops. Especially when they're literally making both an Adam Strange show and Green Lantern show.
I feel like we have seen that before .