Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 681
  1. #421
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Jon gets his own series and people start wishing it fails lol. It's all fun and games until they shelve Jon and try this out again with a newer character.
    And that will fail too...even harder because at least this replacement WAS a breakout character


    Who else is there? Val-Zod, don’t make me laugh


    He isn’t popular and is a remnant of a era that fans dislike(new 52) and a black Superman will never be a selling point to a fanbase with the demographic makeup Superman has


    Which is why Abrams movie is also going to flop
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-12-2021 at 01:07 PM.

  2. #422
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And on the off chance they're correct, what will you do?
    He'll clamour for more of the same tired, uninspiring and uninteresting "iconic" Superman, I'd wager.

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    There is no chance of them being correct, because Post-age up Jon is so toxic that there is no chance of that ever happening.


    Unless Abrams movie is revealed to be a son of Kal-el themed movie, Jon Superman is dead in the water

    No other possibilities exist for Jon’s Superman not to be a failure
    You are seriously deluding yourself. And you aren't doing yourself a favor doing so. If you hate it so much, just stop coming here, or reading about it, or whatever. It's not healthy.

  3. #423
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He'll clamour for more of the same tired, uninspiring and uninteresting "iconic" Superman, I'd wager.



    You are seriously deluding yourself. And you aren't doing yourself a favor doing so. If you hate it so much, just stop coming here, or reading about it, or whatever. It's not healthy.
    Cannot wait for issue 12

  4. #424
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    How exactly will this title not fail?

    Clark isn’t even a good seller most of the time

    And you expect me to believe that a reviled version of a character whom most people agree stopped being compelling when he was aged up is somehow not going to fall flat on his face when he replaces his more popular father?

    Are you high?
    To be fair....Bendis Jon was reviled but people have been coming around to PKJ's Jon (mostly because he at least feels more like the old Jon than Bendis' did) and Taylor's been winning even more people over before his book even started. I'm still not a fan. I still absolutely hate the current state Jon's in, and it'd be no skin off my nose if Son of Kal-El goes belly-up. But I wouldn't say the odds of that happening are as high as you're thinking. It's still a very polarizing thing but not enough for me to say for certain that it's gonna flop.

    It's still a status quo that I don't think will last. But I don't know if it not lasting means Jon goes back to how he was. It could just mean he's benched. Which....at this point, I'm okay with. It's whatever. Either way, I'mma keep appreciating the old Jon. I'm not gonna throw shade at Taylor (because, unlike Bendis, I actually enjoy his writing), I'm not gonna get mad at him for continuing with something I'm not a fan of. I'm not gonna get mad at the people who do like this Jon. But I am gonna keep hoping (in vain, if we're being honest) that something happens to get the kid Jon back in some way, shape, or form.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-12-2021 at 03:12 PM.

  5. #425
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Basically what Blue said. Infinite Frontier has not been lighting the sales charts on fire, but the titles that were launched with a new #1 have generally been doing significantly better than those with continued numbering. The first issue of Jon's Superman run will probably do quite well. It's where things go from there that is the question. Taylor's Nightwing has been doing very well (with good reason), so he might be able to bring eyes to this as well.

    I want young Jon back as much as the next guy, but this coming series is not surefire flop.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

  6. #426
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    To be fair....Bendis Jon was reviled but people have been coming around to PKJ's Jon (mostly because he at least feels more like the old Jon than Bendis' did) and Taylor's been winning even more people over before his book even started. I'm still not a fan. I still absolutely hate the current state Jon's in, and it'd be no skin off my nose if Son of Kal-El goes belly-up. But I wouldn't say the odds of that happening are as high as you're thinking. It's still a very polarizing thing but not enough for me to say for certain that it's gonna flop.

    It's still a status quo that I don't think will last. But I don't know if it not lasting means Jon goes back to how he was. It could just mean he's benched. Which....at this point, I'm okay with. It's whatever. Either way, I'mma keep appreciating the old Jon. I'm not gonna throw shade at Taylor (because, unlike Bendis, I actually enjoy his writing), I'm not gonna get mad at him for continuing with something I'm not a fan of. I'm not gonna get mad at the people who do like this Jon. But I am gonna keep hoping (in vain, if we're being honest) that something happens to get the kid Jon back in some way, shape, or form.
    DC won’t bench Jon unless they are allergic to money

  7. #427
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    DC won’t bench Jon unless they are allergic to money
    He wouldn't be the first popular character to be benched or treated poorly after a failed book. Just look at the sorry state that Tim and his generation are in right now. And who's to say they'd lose a substantial amount of money from getting rid of him? If Taylor's book fails, they have no way of knowing if it's because people preferred the old Jon or if it's because people just don't like Jon. They could decide he's not worth the effort if people weren't on board with seeing him as Superman. So instead of fixing him, they just say "fuck it" and throw him away. That is a very real possibility. It just also happens to be a risk I'm willing to hope for. I have nothing to lose at this point lol

    __________________________

    Some more fanart to lighten the mood:

    https://atto.scrolller.com/fan-art-s...-1024x1280.jpg
    ((couldn't find the artist's name for this one, unfortunately. EDIT: Found the name. Literally right in the link -___-)

    https://zepto.scrolller.com/superboy...mo-600x776.jpg

    Not sure why neither of these were showing up. Gotta tired of trying to figure it out lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-12-2021 at 03:47 PM.

  8. #428
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He wouldn't be the first popular character to be benched or treated poorly after a failed book. Just look at the sorry state that Tim and his generation are in right now. And who's to say they'd lose a substantial amount of money from getting rid of him? If Taylor's book fails, they have no way of knowing if it's because people preferred the old Jon or if it's because people just don't like Jon. They could decide he's not worth the effort if people weren't on board with seeing him as Superman. So instead of fixing him, they just say "fuck it" and throw him away. That is a very real possibility. It just also happens to be a risk I'm willing to hope for. I have nothing to lose at this point lol

    __________________________

    Some more fanart to lighten the mood:

    https://atto.scrolller.com/fan-art-s...-1024x1280.jpg
    ((couldn't find the artist's name for this one, unfortunately. EDIT: Found the name. Literally right in the link -___-)

    https://zepto.scrolller.com/superboy...mo-600x776.jpg

    Not sure why neither of these were showing up. Gotta tired of trying to figure it out lol
    Getting rid of him isn’t possible because it would make Lois and Clark’s marriage depressing

    And depressing means low sales like the new 52

  9. #429
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Getting rid of him isn’t possible because it would make Lois and Clark’s marriage depressing

    And depressing means low sales like the new 52
    Their marriage already shoulda been depressing after Lois abandoned Jon in space, just so she can go into hiding for a bit and write a book. If that wasn't the end for them, losing the kid won't do anything XD

    That said, getting rid of him doesn't necessarily mean killing or erasing. He could just fade into the background. Again, like Tim and his whole generation tends to do.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-12-2021 at 09:54 PM.

  10. #430
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Their marriage already shoulda been depressing after Lois abandoned him in space, just so she can go into hiding for a bit and write a book. If that wasn't the end for them, losing the kid won't do anything XD

    That said, getting rid of him doesn't necessarily mean killing or erasing. He could just fade into the background. Again, like Tim and his whole generation tends to do.
    It’s because of possibilities like this is why I hope that Disney buys Warner’s


    Because Superman would be much more popular if Warner’s hadn’t owned him

    Warner’s is the worst thing to happen to Superman
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-12-2021 at 04:05 PM.

  11. #431
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    And that will fail too...even harder because at least this replacement WAS a breakout character


    Who else is there? Val-Zod, don’t make me laugh


    He isn’t popular and is a remnant of a era that fans dislike(new 52) and a black Superman will never be a selling point to a fanbase with the demographic makeup Superman has


    Which is why Abrams movie is also going to flop
    They will try until,the character and superman ip can escape certain preconceived notions.Until writers have a character easier to work with..New52 had many good ideas and many bad...Just like rebirth...I didn't care for superman himself in rebirth..New 52 jeans and tshirt leaping champion is superman for me..Not the sky father.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    DC won’t bench Jon unless they are allergic to money
    Dude?what are you on about? jon ain't batman...no version of Jon has ever made much for them..That includes kid jon...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-12-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  12. #432
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Itís because of possibilities like this is why I hope that Disney buys Warnerís


    Because Superman would be much more popular if Warnerís hadnít owned him

    Warnerís is the worst thing to happen to Superman
    Hasn't Discovery already bought Warner?

  13. #433
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Yeah I think they did. For the best, honestly. I don't know if I'd want Disney to have both Marvel and DC. The mouse has enough power as is lol

  14. #434
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I think they did. For the best, honestly. I don't know if I'd want Disney to have both Marvel and DC. The mouse has enough power as is lol
    Its only delaying the inevitable. One day, the Mouse will own everything the light touches. And even the dark, shadowy places too. With "It's a Small World After All" playing from sea to shining sea.

  15. #435
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its only delaying the inevitable. One day, the Mouse will own everything the light touches. And even the dark, shadowy places too. With "It's a Small World After All" playing from sea to shining sea.
    The government will not allow it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •