Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

It just feels like a waste of time. Jon had a pretty great upward trajectory that some of the others character that required rehabing didn't have. Even PKJ said that a future writer could come along and de-age him, but why should that be an assumption and not something actively being worked towards? It's a rhetorical question so I don't expect an answer. I'll just keep hoping and fighting for justice for Jon and in the mean time I can read Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But I'm not one of the fans who cry "not my Jon" for teenage Jon.
    Yeah no. That would be me. Don't move in on my territory. I have all sovereignty over the "Not my ____" for teen Jon, teen Cable, and the New 52 Teen Titans lol

In all seriousness though, I do agree with what you're saying. Even if he stops being a character that I have any interest in following, I'm pretty sure that at this point, Jon's got his feet planted firmly in the Superman mythos. And I'm still like 90% Taylor will do a much better job with him than Bendis did. He may not be my son anymore. But I'd be fooling myself if I didn't think his future was VERY bright right now....I'mma still bitch about it till the cows come home. But it's bright XD

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It just feels like a waste of time. Jon had a pretty great upward trajectory that some of the others character that required rehabing didn't have. Even PKJ said that a future writer could come along and de-age him, but why should that be an assumption and not something actively being worked towards? It's a rhetorical question so I don't expect an answer. I'll just keep hoping and fighting for justice for Jon and in the mean time I can read Robin.
    We're in the exact same boat. They ruined a perfectly good thing just so they could get some instant brownie points. And the worst part is, it's working. It took them a while but it finally seems to be working in their favor now. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are too many people at DC would even care enough to go back and fix it. I doubt anyone but Tomasi would even care about keeping the Super Sons minis going.

But yeah, I guess the bright side here is that Robin looks like it's gonna be great. Robin's got an awesome solo book coming up. Beast Boy's finally being acknowledged as an adult and a veteran member of the Titans. Jon may be dead to me and Impulse may be trapped in limbo at the moment. But at least two out of my four boys are doing good. Just a shame that all four of them haven't been in a good place at the same time.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-26-2021 at 10:46 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Chaining a character to a convoluted origin is not the way to approach Jon as a character. Let's ask Joe Simon and Jerry Seigel how we should write Superman or Bob Kane and Bill Finger about Batman, but we can't and it's not for the obvious reason that they're dead. The characters they created evolved beyond their initial intentions and what they would have had to say is irrelevant in this modern context. Jurgens was writing Action Comics alongside Tomasi and Gleason's Superman, so if Jon was really supposed to be the next Superman, as he had allegedly originally pitched, then he never spoke up when they were laying the foundation for Jon's character as kid for decades to come, so it's his fault that he allowed fans to get misled by Tomasi and Gleason's plans for a character that would never come to be. Jon's origin is that he is the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, everything else is extraneous and should not be followed or allowed to dictate the direction of the character contrary to what fans have been led to believe is the direction for the character. You think people care that much about Convergence? Superman Reborn was enough to smooth that little wrinkle.
    No,They didn't.New versions of the characters came to be.By different people.Also,anyone who has read the books of creator on these character and with some research can write those character close s&s superman or b&b batman.Not theirs,but close enough.There interviews and other thing.You want an example for creator doing that,new52 tshirt and jeans supes and Alan moore's for the man who has everything.Heck! darkknight returns sent bruce back to the goldenage from the goofyness of adam west.I could go on and on.As superman and batman "evolution".One was has become a phsycotic shark like predator and the other mr.messiah with obnoxious savior complex that gives out dad like speeches,just cause his sky and earth parent gave him a bullshit reason.bravo to that.I would be okay with that.If the character wasn't stuck or did tell stories like batman for instance.Evolution isn't static process.Just so you know.

As removing everything except "Son of lois and clark".There won't be a character left.the only thing left would be lois and clark.Just like there is no superman.There is only lois,the sun,pa,ma,sky dad,sky mom...etc.No doubt that can be used for selling the character to outsiders with no knowledge for ease.But there is no need for that with everyone else.Also Yet,we went back to his original origin.Because that has impact.New one?it supposed to be streamlined.but,does it convey any emotion?Nope! nothing.It sucks.It's just a plot point.This american comics with soap opera drama.This idea that you need to be streamlined is hilarious.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-26-2021 at 11:02 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

In Titans Academy issue#2, Matt Price is revealed to be amnesiac with superpowers. Cyborg compares him to Conner. A lot of fans started theorising that he is the comics version of Jordan from the Superman and Lois show. Not the exact same character but an equivalent. Any thoughts?

I just saw him as possible KR clone like Conner. The Jordan thing is possible but it feels like its more of a stretch.

Astonishing Member

The Jordan theory is a bit of a stretch, while I'd get a kick out of it being true, I don't see them adding another super sibling that's not a girl.

What's KR?

Yeah the Jordan thing would definitely be....interesting....But I don't think that's where they're going with him. And I'm kinda thankful/hoping that they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The Jordan theory is a bit of a stretch, while I'd get a kick out of it being true, I don't see them adding another super sibling that's not a girl.

What's KR?
    Cadmus called Conner "KR" in YJ. Stands for Kryptonian.

https://www.deviantart.com/otterthea...olin-676564406

It really is a shame that we likely won't ever get all three of them together. Or that Damian didn't even remember Colin back when Super Sons was still a thing. Thankfully "everything's canon" again, and Williamson confirmed that Colin exists now....somewhere. But man it would have been great to see him show up just a few years earlier.

Okay, I've been thinking. Jon won't be Superboy for much longer. He's grown into a man in a very fulfilling character arc. He'll be Superman in the new Tom Taylor series. We should make a Jon Kent Superman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Okay, I've been thinking. Jon won't be Superboy for much longer. He's grown into a man in a very fulfilling character arc. He'll be Superman in the new Tom Taylor series. We should make a Jon Kent Superman appreciation thread!
    My, aren't you optimistic.

I'm sure that'll be coming in his next thread. The appreciation threads tend to acknowledge every identity a person's had (with Dick's thread being a notable exception. But...I don't think anyone appreciates Ric)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm sure that'll be coming in his next thread. The appreciation threads tend to acknowledge every identity a person's had (with Dick's thread being a notable exception. But...I don't think anyone appreciates Ric)

That never existed. That never happened.

Spectacular Member

So has anyone read Superman 31? I liked the issue, it has some good Jon moments that I won’t spoil

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I read it.I think the new move was a bit underwhelming
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

It certainly was. I like the idea (even if it doesn't really feel new) but the execution was certainly lacking. Should have been "magnificent new ability followed by explanation of how it's just a new application of an old one", but instead it was "same as always followed by speech about how it really was different, believe us".

I did like his interactions with Qarath o Bakkis, though, and how they've both approached the idea of having to succeed their parents, with Jon still in denial and Qarath o Bakkis fully accepting it's his legacy, but then taking the worst possible choices to deal with it.