Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1363

Jimenez teased Jon first before he teased Damian for his alleged variant cover, so I'd say bet on seeing some more Damian coming down our timeline.

I only suggested Super Sons because it kind of feels like the right time, if you know what I mean? It feels to me like it's time they'd decide to try and re-capitalize on the concept and get the least amount of flak for it because they perceive they've developed good faith with the Super Sons audience due to the varying degrees of success in their recent efforts of rehabilitating the characters.

I'm pretty sure Tomasi is persona non grata at DC. He would never give his seal of approval to the age up, I'm pretty sure the age up of Jon and the character assassination of Damian were big contributing factors to his leaving. Unless he were to be given a really sweet deal, he wouldn't come back unless it was to de-age Jon or after Jon had already been de-aged as a sign of good faith on DC's part due to his valid mistrust of them imo. I thought Williamson was busy as it is, but on top of his busy plate, he put Batman, so I wouldn't be surprised if he can pull a Super Sons out of his ass. Yang seems a likely a choice, given his talent, but that would be doing him more dirty than DC did PKJ because aged up Jon is such a toxic property, Yang doesn't deserve that unnecessary criticism. Personally, my money would be on Taylor, he's a shallow enough writer to trick enough indiscriminate Super Sons fans into thinking his Super Sons is the "true" successor of Tomasi's Super Sons when it never would be unless his SS run is explicitly about de-aging Jon and accomplishing that.

Exactly! Super Sons was such an approachable and rich concept, it's why I'm still pissed off to this very day that DC whiffed what should've been an easy home run.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Maybe it's part of Bendis' Legion revival? He said he was waiting for an artist to free up. Bog has been doing Marvel stuff and Tech for a bit I think.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Jimenez teased Jon first before he teased Damian for his alleged variant cover, so I'd say bet on seeing some more Damian coming down our timeline.

I only suggested Super Sons because it kind of feels like the right time, if you know what I mean? It feels to me like it's time they'd decide to try and re-capitalize on the concept and get the least amount of flak for it because they perceive they've developed good faith with the Super Sons audience due to the varying degrees of success in their recent efforts of rehabilitating the characters.

I'm pretty sure Tomasi is persona non grata at DC. He would never give his seal of approval to the age up, I'm pretty sure the age up of Jon and the character assassination of Damian were big contributing factors to his leaving. Unless he were to be given a really sweet deal, he wouldn't come back unless it was to de-age Jon or after Jon had already been de-aged as a sign of good faith on DC's part due to his valid mistrust of them imo. I thought Williamson was busy as it is, but on top of his busy plate, he put Batman, so I wouldn't be surprised if he can pull a Super Sons out of his ass. Yang seems a likely a choice, given his talent, but that would be doing him more dirty than DC did PKJ because aged up Jon is such a toxic property, Yang doesn't deserve that unnecessary criticism. Personally, my money would be on Taylor, he's a shallow enough writer to trick enough indiscriminate Super Sons fans into thinking his Super Sons is the "true" successor of Tomasi's Super Sons when it never would be unless his SS run is explicitly about de-aging Jon and accomplishing that.

Exactly! Super Sons was such an approachable and rich concept, it's why I'm still pissed off to this very day that DC whiffed what should've been an easy home run.
    Yeah you pretty much summed it all up. At this point, I'd rather Super Sons just be let go. It's not the same anymore. They're not the same anymore (Jon especially). All three times that they've tried to recapture that feeling fell flat for me. So unless the real Jon's coming back at some point, I'd rather they just focus on their own supporting casts and (I guess) make the occasional guest appearances in each other's books. Still hoping Williamson wasn't kidding when he said Colin's coming back in Robin.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-01-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Maybe it's part of Bendis' Legion revival? He said he was waiting for an artist to free up. Bog has been doing Marvel stuff and Tech for a bit I think.
    Pretty sure that was Sanford Greene who will be drawing that JL vs. LoSH arc in JL I think? Frankly I don’t see the Legion getting another book any time soon, sales just aren’t there for the property.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty sure that was Sanford Greene who will be drawing that JL vs. LoSH arc in JL I think? Frankly I don’t see the Legion getting another book any time soon, sales just aren’t there for the property.
    Bendis just recently posted about the Legion coming back with the Gold Lantern Saga. The JL crossover feels more like a primer for that. JL itself feel more like a book Bendis uses to promote his other books like Checkmate, Naomi, and now Legion
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah you pretty much summed it all up. At this point, I'd rather Super Sons just be let go. It's not the same anymore. They're not the same anymore (Jon especially). All three times that they've tried to recapture that feeling fell flat for me. So unless the real Jon's coming back at some point, I'd rather they just focus on their own supporting casts and (I guess) make the occasional guest appearances in each other's books. Still hoping Williamson wasn't kidding when he said Colin's coming back in Robin.
    I disagree. Of course, it depends on writer, but I'd rather see their new series with new dynamics and development they've got so far. They can't be the same all the time anyway, fans constantly try to encourage DC and Marvel to make more changes and interesting development, so, there's nothing bad in trying to make something new with them, especially if there are writers like Yang or Taylor who has something to say about them.
    Yang's take on them would be interesting, I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I disagree. Of course, it depends on writer, but I'd rather see their new series with new dynamics and development they've got so far. They can't be the same all the time anyway, fans constantly try to encourage DC and Marvel to make more changes and interesting development, so, there's nothing bad in trying to make something new with them, especially if there are writers like Yang or Taylor who has something to say about them.
    Yang's take on them would be interesting, I think.
    I agree with this.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Which is exactly why it's interesting. On top of everything, Yara and Jace are in their mid 20s and Jon is only 17 yet he's Superman. Jace isn't even known to be related to the Bat family yet he's declared himself Batman. How does she even feel about being known as "Wonder Girl"? There's an inherently interesting dynamic to be built here with stuff like that, and it would work as a primer for when they eventually either join the League or make their own.

I find it holds more potential to it than the classic Trinity kind of lining up far more neatly, and only really creating contrast on a fairly superficial level. Their goal, backgrounds, and takes on being the hero that their immediate worlds need is distinct. Their only true bond is that it's expected of them to friends given their legacy.
    Is Yara really in her mid-20s? I know she's an adult but I thought she would be 18-21.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Is Yara really in her mid-20s? I know she's an adult but I thought she would be 18-21.
    Apparently it's confirmed by Jones that she's like early to mid 20s. I can't remember which, but I remember she confirmed that on an AMA.

Hey pretty cool that Jon in his future state Superman appearance in the fandome trailer
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey pretty cool that Jon in his future state Superman appearance in the fandome trailer
    i saw it , was a quick apparition but it was really cool

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wonder if it means anything? Ridley is going to be there so perhaps a Jace Fox Batman project is in the works. Maybe there’s something for Jon? There’s going to be a bunch of live action Bruce Waynes and even members of the Batfamily will have variants running around. Could do something else with Jon aside from the CW.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If I had waited just one more day I could have included this in my Jon Kent post on my blog lol. Well it’s finally announced!

Happy for his clone I guess. Now he's got his own little Lois Lane to make him being Superman even more redundant.

Hopefully this at least slows down a lot of the DamiJon shipping

Eventhough I still would prefer a deaged Jon! Twitter is raging right now & it's giving me life so I'll allow Bi Jon.