Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah. I'd prefer Jon's generation get a whole new team, though. Him working with Bruce would feel weird.
    Listening and reading to some interviews Bendis has had on the book, the idea seems to be that in order for the JL to better serve the world it needs to expand its roster and views. Thus it's now a cross generational JL. Black Adam and Wonder Mom being the oldest gen, Bruce and Hawkgirl being the middle gen, and Jon, Naomi, and likely Jackson being the future. Each POV making for a more informed JL.

I'm leaving out Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Arthur because it looks like they're all leaving for one reason or another.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah. I'd prefer Jon's generation get a whole new team, though. Him working with Bruce would feel weird.
    I want that to happen for a few issues just for the sheer awkwardness of it haha.

But Jon’s associated gen might be the roster in Future State, except maybe Jackson Hyde instead of Andy Curry.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also I’m sure that Sheridan would prefer to focus on his own Supermen that he already has at Titans Academy, Matt Price and Shazam.
    I get sh!t for it over in the Conner thread, but I fully believe that Matt's going to become the new Superboy (him being between 14 and 16) while Conner is put on Earth-3 (though maybe not called Superman even then).

Have you noticed all of the Superman-like stuff around him, but how his powers don't seem to work like a Kryptonians? Like, he's likely invulnerable, but can be scratched by a small kitten. Or how he has no extra powers like heat vision or super breath.

Similar to how I think Thao-La will be the new Supergirl, I think Price will be the new Superboy, and this will be our sort of dysfunctional Super family of tomorrow. I'm betting Jon meets Matt in TA once whe get an idea of who and what Price is.

My vote is some sort of cyborg (hence Sheridan having Vic mentor him early on)
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also I’m sure that Sheridan would prefer to focus on his own Supermen that he already has at Titans Academy, Matt Price and Shazam.
    They're no Superman. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I want that to happen for a few issues just for the sheer awkwardness of it haha.

But Jon’s associated gen might be the roster in Future State, except maybe Jackson Hyde instead of Andy Curry.

Eh, I don't think that Jace guy fits on a team with Jon. His Bat counterpart should always be Damian.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am not really interested in the "next generation Justice league". Justice league as a team has been boring.They had black adam in their now.It's better in a sense.
    if you ask me,jon being part of some high and mighty team would be a downgrade.I would just unite a bunch of radically different people and outlook under one roof with new name for the team.But,the problem is it would be yet another superhero team.I hope the justice league restructures to be more like the jsa or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or the black hawks . something like that..

i always wanted superman to have a team of his own with circus theme.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-01-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Personally I just want to see the first interaction between Jace and Jon, because given Jon’s close personal connections to the Waynes (Damian is his best friend and Bruce was there at the day of his birth) makes me think they would have a very unique interaction to one another.

Personally I like Jace but if we look from Jon’s perspective he’d just be some guy running around in his friends father’s clothes.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-02-2021 at 05:49 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'd be down with Jon meeting the batpack from TT Academy. That feels like a fun pairing as Diego is am established Batman fan. So getting his opinion on other heroes could be interesting.

Jon/Thao-la/Matt would work better as a "team" than a "family" given they are similar in age. So it would avoid the paternalistic vibe most superhero families give off.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-02-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Being a teenager as Jon's default is a relatively new thing.
    To me it's just limiting the stories they can tell.
    They had Superman as the adult, Kara as a young adult, Conner as basically a teenager and Jon as a kid.
    Now we have two teen/young adults with Jon and Conner, so they both struggle for their spotlight. Clearly Jon is getting the push, so Clark is out of his own book and there's less attention for Conner - I hope he does manage to stick around - and the stories that could be told with kid Jon aren't going to be told.
    And that family dynamic with Clark, Lois and Jon as a kid is gone. They only got to be parents to a kid for five-six years, and now he's an adult. Knowing how afraid comics are of older characters I expect Jon being an adult could hurt the way they write Lois now that she's the mother a grown man.
    So Jon being aged up isn't just bad for Jon - although it is - it's bad for the whole cast.
    It's hard not to feel negative about it when they have to ship Clark off to space to make room for Jon.
    Conner's moved past teen to young adult after YJ and joining the suicide squad.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ultimately what's wrong with that? Especially if you're aimed at teens and young adults?

This is the age of the dating app, the destigmatization of the sexually forward women, and normalizing of the casual relationship. Why can't two superheroes date because they're hot with no need for further pontificating or embellishing? It mixes that feeling you got when you where a kid creating stories where one toy from this show you liked dated another toy from this show you liked just because you thought they looked good together with the reality of youth culture. I don't know about y'all, but in house Goku dated Zelda for nearly 3 play sessions before I switched it up.

Bendis' only issue when it comes to this as far as I'm concerned is the lack of space he gave it, and how he wasn't more direct with this being the intent.
    I guess within fiction I personally prefer something more investing than just a casual hookup, but that's just me.

I guess it also doesn't help when I have relationships I prefer certain characters in rather than with each other...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Betting it is a super-sons revival

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess within fiction I personally prefer something more investing than just a casual hookup, but that's just me.

I guess it also doesn't help when I have relationships I prefer certain characters in rather than with each other...
    It's called shipping and a lot of us do it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's called shipping and a lot of us do it.
    I don't deny the label .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't deny the label .
    Neither do I, bro. Embrace it. Revel in it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.