Page 16 of 91 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I’m starting to think it’s to late. Time isn’t exactly moving forward but it is not slowing down. Damian is 14 now, he may just catch up to Jon. I don’t like forcing him into adulthood (it’s nice to have a male protagonist who is not worried about relationships)
    Not giving up. Most I'd be willing to compromise to is him being knocked down to Damian's age if not back to ten again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The only way deage can happen is if Jon-Superman is a big flop. Then they might do it.
    Which I'm hoping it is.
    This will definitely not happen in the coming years, and I'm not sure if they should.
    We do not agree.
    Time has passed, they have their own plans, their own ideas, there are a bunch of authors who can do something interesting with the character.
    Don't care.
    Taylor deserves his chance, just like Johnson and anyone else.
    Not in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I'm also like 90% sure it's too late. Unless these books somehow manage to do really poorly. In which case, they'd either fix Jon or put him on a bus like they've done to most of Young Justice. Hoping for the former but right now the latter wouldn't really upset me as much as it would have before. Neither of those things are very likely to happen though.

This current state is just...something we're gonna be stuck with for a while.
    Eh, we already knew we'd be stuck with this for a while longer. Doesn't really change anything for me. I'm holding my ground on this.

Extraordinary Member

If Jon did go back to ten he would be 17 in brain and that would be worse
    Their is no winning. If bendis just left Connor in limbo....

If Jon did go back to ten he would be 17 in brain and that would be worse
    Their is no winning. If bendis just left Connor in limbo....
    Honestly....that would actually make for an interesting story. Him with the mind of both a 17 and 10 year old, struggling to balance the two completely mindsets lol

Extraordinary Member

Honestly....that would actually make for an interesting story. Him with the mind of both a 17 and 10 year old, struggling to balance the two completely mindsets lol
    No he’s be 17 in a 10 year olds body
    Basicly bringing us back to OG Damian a messed up child who doesn’t know how to act

The fun young Jon we had is lost. I dunno Mabey if he saw a therapist and just worked it out

Incredible Member

No he’s be 17 in a 10 year olds body
    Basicly bringing us back to OG Damian a messed up child who doesn’t know how to act

The fun young Jon we had is lost. I dunno Mabey if he saw a therapist and just worked it out
    He can lose his memories in the process of being deaged. There are plenty of work arounds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    He can lose his memories in the process of being deaged. There are plenty of work arounds.
    Memory loss is never good and never a work around
    Batman
    Catwoman
    Nightwing has shown us that

Even if we don’t like him now we can’t erase all the time he has had with the legion or even his family presently
    The put him in a bad situation becuase Someone thought being a parent is boring or too distracting for a full time hero

Incredible Member

Memory loss is never good and never a work around
    Batman
    Catwoman
    Nightwing has shown us that

Even if we don’t like him now we can’t erase all the time he has had with the legion or even his family presently
    The put him in a bad situation becuase Someone thought being a parent is boring or too distracting for a full time hero
    This isn't the same thing as temporary giving Dick Amnesia, handling that plot badly, and drawing it out past it's expiration date. In this case Jon losing the memories of being stuck on Earth 3 and his time as an adult combined with his deaging serves the purpose of resetting him to how he was before this. The legion and clark remembering their interactions with the older Jon can remain but be brushed under the rug. The important thing is undoing the age up. Working out the details and exact method is a formality. You are not going to be able to convince me that him being deaged is a bad idea or I that should be willing to accept and give the aged up Jon chance.

I hope this fails so hard. Though I have to say I hope he gets his man of Metropolis suit back that **** was fire to me capeless should be Jon's signature.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-21-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Spectacular Member

It’s not kid Jon but I’ll read it if it’s good. I just hope Jon doesn’t become just like his dad. Also I’m definitely not giving up on kid Jon being brought back.

Astonishing Member

I'm going to wait and see before I shill out money on this book. While I came to accept the age up, I do not like the direction for Jon, as THE Superman (as if! ) I just want him to be Jon whether kid Jon or teen Jon, I don't care. I just seem to have a problem with the other thing and that stems from my overwhelming disappointment in DC for always wanting to discard Clark Kent!Superman at every turn.

So another big concern I have in regards to Jon being the de facto Superman of earth while Clark is out in space is....what happens to Clark's spot on Bendis' Justice League? Will he still be there? Is someone gonna take his place? Is Jon gonna take his place? Are we gonna have to deal with more Bendis written Jon?

So another big concern I have in regards to Jon being the de facto Superman of earth while Clark is out in space is....what happens to Clark's spot on Bendis' Justice League? Will he still be there? Is someone gonna take his place? Is Jon gonna take his place? Are we gonna have to deal with more Bendis written Jon?
    I thought Black Adam was gonna take his place. Clark went hard vouching for him in this week's issue. Same with Naomi so I guess they are gonna take the spot metaphorically.

Jon should pop up but not be the focus to me.

I don't even want him popping him up. Though I'm sure that's inevitable. I don't want Bendis touching Jon ever again.

So Jon Kent becomes Superman and Jace Fox shows up out of nowhere to take the Batman mantle? This is Bart Allen and Dick Grayson as Batman all over again, can't we just have normal Batman and Superman? There's no need for the Bat-Family or House of El. Who likes these characters, I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    So Jon Kent becomes Superman and Jace Fox shows up out of nowhere to take the Batman mantle? This is Bart Allen and Dick Grayson as Batman all over again, can't we just have normal Batman and Superman? There's no need for the Bat-Family or House of El. Who likes these characters, I want to know.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.