Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Who likes these characters, I want to know.
    I mean....All you gotta do is look at all threads here, the number of books all those characters have gotten, and the fact that most of them are still around and have been for years. You're literally in a thread for Jon Kent fans. That, alone, should answer your question. Like 'em or hate 'em, these characters have an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean....All you gotta do is look at all threads here, the number of books all those characters have gotten, and the fact that most of them are still around and have been for years. You're literally in a thread for Jon Kent fans. That, alone, should answer your question. Like 'em or hate 'em, these characters have an audience.
    Most of Jon Kent's fans are complaining that he doesn't have Clark's Superboy mantle, though, right? And Jace Fox has literally zero fans I've heard. Yeah, they might have an audience.

So Jon Kent becomes Superman and Jace Fox shows up out of nowhere to take the Batman mantle? This is Bart Allen and Dick Grayson as Batman all over again, can't we just have normal Batman and Superman? There's no need for the Bat-Family or House of El. Who likes these characters, I want to know.
    You are in a appreciation thread pal. You should assume posters here like Jon and want him to succeed. If you want to whine about his existence, this ain't the place.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You are in a appreciation thread pal. You should assume posters here like Jon and want him to succeed. If you want to whine about his existence, this ain't the place.
    My fault. But you guys want him to succeed as Superman or Superboy? Why can't he come up with his own mantle?

Most of Jon Kent's fans are complaining that he doesn't have Clark's Superboy mantle, though, right? And Jace Fox has literally zero fans I've heard. Yeah, they might have an audience.
    There's a difference between complaining about the direction of a character and not liking them. We wouldn't be here complaining in the first place if we didn't love Jon. I can't speak for Jace since I haven't followed his existence at all but pretty much all of the other legacy characters you seem to hate are around and have stuck around for a reason. And most of them won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I feel you about wanting Cassie back though DC has been doing her SO dirty ever since Flashpoint. But I'm a big fan of Yara too so I don't really mind having her around.

My fault. But you guys want him to succeed as Superman or Superboy? Why can't he come up with his own mantle?
    And with that, I can agree. That's what I've always wanted for him and Damian. To not be locked into their dad's roles as adults just because they're the sons. The Superboy mantle is fine while he's still working under Clark. But I'd have liked to see him get his own thing once he got older. Clearly DC had other plans.

I'm cool with him as either Superboy or his own mantle. Other fans might like him as Superman which I'm neutral to.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm cool with him as either Superboy or his own mantle. Other fans might like him as Superman which I'm neutral to.
    Superboy is Clark Kent's mantle so I think he should be his own hero.

I don't really care for them trying to give Jon the Superman name now, even if it's just while Clark is away in space. Feels way too soon and just not necessary.

Spectacular Member

The thing I keep coming back to is the question: what’s the end-game with this? Like what’s the point of introducing Jon as a kid (something that a whole lot of people love, especially his friendship with Damian), only to rip it away in a rushed storyline and then make him the Superman of Earth. Like what happens, do they get rid of Clark, and keep something that a vocal number of fans don’t like (Clark fans don’t like having Superman taken away, and Jon fans don’t like Jon being changed so drastically)? If so why? It just gives me the feeling that DC has no idea what to do with the Super Family. The Bat Family works with a whole dozen+ characters, all with their own identities. So why can’t Superman?

Honestly it’s just frustrating.
    Last edited by GhostCryptid13; 04-21-2021 at 01:01 PM.

My guess is that they're hoping for a Miles Morales situation where they can have both characters operating as Superman at the same time. Fans of classic Superman get their classic Clark Kent. And fans of New 52 Superbro get...something kinda like that, maybe. At the very least something new...ish?

But...Marvel tends to handle their legacy characters a lot better than DC. Especially as of late. So I don't see that happening. The way Jon is now, I don't see it. He's just....nowhere near as endearing to all audiences as Miles is. He wasn't even that at his best, during Tomasi's reign.

Spectacular Member

Multiple Supermen doesn’t even work very well. Superman can already protect the world, so having multiple doesn’t exactly make sense.

I just hope that somehow this ends with Jon being deaged and out right again.

In this case, it won't be multiple on one world. Clark's gonna be off in space doing space stuff. Not sure how long he'll be going through that, though. I suppose once he's got it all out of his system, THEN we wonder what the **** we need two Supermen on earth for.

Personally, I think it would have been interesting to see a bunch of new (and old) heroes pick up the slack in Metropolis while Superman's away instead of having the responsibility shunted onto his 10/17/whatever year old kid.

My guess is that they're hoping for a Miles Morales situation where they can have both characters operating as Superman at the same time. Fans of classic Superman get their classic Clark Kent. And fans of New 52 Superbro get...something kinda like that, maybe. At the very least something new...ish?

But...Marvel tends to handle their legacy characters a lot better than DC. Especially as of late. So I don't see that happening. The way Jon is now, I don't see it. He's just....nowhere near as endearing to all audiences as Miles is. He wasn't even that at his best, during Tomasi's reign.
    Endearing isn't the word I'd use to describe Bendis' Miles, bless his soul. More like... Powerful and substantial representation. And I don't think Jon is that at all.

I enjoy Marvel legacy characters but I just don't see the need for a shared Superman mantle right now. I definitely don't see Jon as needing it beyond trying to satisfy a specific Superman crow, but that's just my take.

Will Jon get his own Venom Blast equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoy Marvel legacy characters but I just don't see the need for a shared Superman mantle right now. I definitely don't see Jon as needing it beyond trying to satisfy a specific Superman crow, but that's just my take.

Will Jon get his own Venom Blast equivalent?
    I mean so far his solar flare power has mattered more for him than it has for Clark. Even if just barely XD