Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Attachment 104194

By t.a.comics

So after reading the future state book I have to say I didn't understand what Jon was thinking at all and if this is really his future and this was the whole reason Bendis ruined him for his & Didio's wet dream only to produce this..... Twas truly for nothing, age up is so pointless but we been knew that.

Also DC writers just can't seem to make up their mind on whether being a Half-Breed makes Jon naturally stronger (Like Gohan from DBZ) or weaker this story is going on the weaker route they need to figure that situation out and then define it permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So after reading the future state book I have to say I didn't understand what Jon was thinking at all and if this is really his future and this was the whole reason Bendis ruined him for his & Didio's wet dream only to produce this..... Twas truly for nothing, age up is so pointless but we been knew that.
    Honestly I didn’t hate the issue, I thought it was alright but if I was to describe Jon here it would be like a grad student who is so stressed out by responsibilities that he screws up and is panicking how to fix it. I think it’s fair that he may have good intentions but screwed up big time on his actions.

In other words this felt like a Jon who feels like he’s been around for a while but is struggling to live under the weight and expectations of being Superman. Although maybe I’m just reading to much into it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also DC writers just can't seem to make up their mind on whether being a Half-Breed makes Jon naturally stronger (Like Gohan from DBZ) or weaker this story is going on the weaker route they need to figure that situation out and then define it permanently.
    When Jon got his abilities, they kind of see-sawed where his skin would break and he'd cut himself and then he's be invulnerable and then he'd have bursts where he did what Clark could do but much more so. Batman theorised that he'd be stronger than Clark but he'd need to be in a constant state instead of swinging between all three.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I didn’t hate the issue, I thought it was alright but if I was to describe Jon here it would be like a grad student who is so stressed out by responsibilities that he screws up and is panicking how to fix it. I think it’s fair that he may have good intentions but screwed up big time on his actions.

In other words this felt like a Jon who feels like he’s been around for a while but is struggling to live under the weight and expectations of being Superman. Although maybe I’m just reading to much into it.
    He does have big shoes to fill even if he's been told that he will be the greatest and all that. Unfortunately being nervous has him making rookie mistakes but I believe he'll get the swing of things soon enough.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-05-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I didn't hate it per say I just didn't understand it. Like how we got from point a to point b like why did this happen? Like Jon was giving me pure 100% Patrick Star (Take Bikini Bottom & PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE) only in this metaphor it's put Metropolis in a bottle.

Remember that the writer of Superman of Metropolis Future State isn't the same writer that is gonna write Superman in March

And thankfully, it doesn't seem like most of Future State will be set in stone. So hopefully none of this BS, or anything close to it, ends up coming to pass in the continuity that matters. And if it does, then here's hoping it doesn't stick.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was damn cool chapter for me.I am on the opposite.The issue had fantastic world building.You got kara,guardian and mister miracle as the heroes.Jon as the guy that pulls something and does things.All that is left is for jon to start running around screaming "brainyyyy!I am gonna kick your ass!" lol

"we are pirates.Everyone knows it's better not having us around."
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-06-2021 at 01:38 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I still at least have Challenge of the Super Sons. Time travel, magic, saving other heroes but can't let them know they're being saved... True, its not "deep", and it being forced to take place before the age up certainly doesn't help, but its still a fun story.

A fan fiction series I came across, features a lot of different characters in different, but connected short stories. Jon was in the latest part of the series (6 chapters long), and while he began as a teen, due *censored*, he was aged back down. And overall, its a fun series that explores the bigger universe with a focus not on the main members of the Justice League (they do pop up), but others like Red Hood, Tim Drake, the Gotham Academy crew, etc.

Here's the link if any of you are curious;
    https://archiveofourown.org/series/1956985

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It doesn't need to be.I just don't want jon as fly paragon example for humanity as his father became.I don't care if jon is an outcast or adventurer and not a superhero.As long as the kid is about doing the right thing,not perceived good.I want risk in story telling.Challenge of the super sons while great now provides none.Granted,tomasi's hand is tied.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Did Jon ever got a Kryptonian name?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Did Jon ever got a Kryptonian name?
    No, which bothers me honestly and I don't think Jon El cuts it. I want him to have a proper Kryptonian name.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    No, which bothers me honestly and I don't think Jon El cuts it. I want him to have a proper Kryptonian name.
    Why ? He isn't Kryptonian, he's an Earthling, and a US citizen to be more precise. His ties to Krypton's culture are even weaker than his father's. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to have one. He is the Son of Superman and Lois Lane but the only world he knows as a child his Earth, and its cultures.

I know that some peoples want their children to have names from other cultures than the main one in the country they live in, but usually, it's because they have a deep-rooted attachment to their place of birth (or for religious reasons, obviously). But in Clark's case, krypton always felt so remote that it'd be strange that he want to name his only child with a Kryptonian name. Plus, it would have been a secret name since until he revealed his identity, Jon couldn't have been using it anyway.

That's why (Hyppo)Lyta makes sense for the name of a Wonder Woman's daughter - she loves Themyscira and she has deep rooted cultural and familial ties to it. Naming a children after her mother makes sense in that regard.

With Jon, it'd feel cheap, I think.