Page 20 of 91 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Same. Kill that with fire

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    There was this from Future State LOSH

To which I say, kill it with fire.
    Excluding the knee pads, I like it. He looks like an adventurer.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    How would that work exactly? What needs to be restored? Jon actually lived those years of his lives that we didn't see. This wasn't a time travel or evil clone storyline. It's not similar to Dick and Wally at all, Jon only started to exist a few years ago.
    We have a problem with him being aged after only a few years and causing much of what we liked being jetisoned. We object to him being separated from his parents and being tortured for seven years. We don't like him having those years stolen from him and wasted. We want him to be given a second chance to grow up normal. We don't care for or like the way he spent those years off screen. We want it undone.

They don't have any point though, if the reason why he becomes kid jon again doesn't matter, why don't these disgruntled fans just support the new super sons comic instead of still tryingto make it happen in continuity.
    We are supporting the Challenge, but that doesn't change or make up for the situation as it currently is in the main comics. We don't like Jon's future to be involving being separated and from his parents and being tortured for the most important developmental years of his life, so getting retroactive stories set inbetween Adventures and Bendis doesn't really fix anything. I've supported challenge while rejecting the main version with the intent of getting them to de-age Jon.

Needless to say I'm hoping the de-age comments are just little slow coming in and people aren't giving up on Jon getting de-aged and trying to settle for whatever Taylor will write. I'm certainly not.

Spectacular Member

I’m certainly not giving up on having Jon de-aged. It was a stupid move that shouldn’t have happened in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The time doesn't matter for them.The time they spend with kid jon is what matters.They have a point.The kid has an audience.He can have adventures and pure unadulturated fun.He is not stuck playing hero.
    @Blue22 It's sort of like fairytale. ain't it?The whole vibe of supersons.
    That is certainly part of the reason I want him back. And yeah, comparing Super Sons to Fairy Tail is....actually pretty damn accurate since they both don't offer a lot in the way of depth but have A LOT of heart and never fail to put a smile on my face.

But for the most part, I just want him back because I feel like he was taken away way too soon. He obviously was never gonna be a kid forever. And I wouldn't want him to be. But this isn't how I wanted him to grow up. Part of the reason I was so excited for a character like him back during rebirth was because I thought he'd end up being DC's answer to Franklin Richards. A character who the audience would get to see grow up. Whose perspective as a child in the world of superheroes would be explored in depth. A perspective that we'd get to see change and over time as he got older. Jon's value as a character, his childhood, and coming of age should have been an experience. Instead it's all just been a cheap gimmick. Especially since he's aged up. Just one publicity stunt after another as they try to sloppily squeeze him into Clark's role.

I wanted the chance to actually see and experience him grow. I wanted to see that balance between growing up as a normal kid (and all the trials and tribulations that come with it) and growing up as a superhero. There was so much story telling potential behind a character like him before DC decided to push the skip button and get their instant gratification. So now he's just another dime a dozen teenage character. If they had waited. If they hadn't done it the way that Bendis did it. If they had given us a chance to see him grow into this role....I'd still probably be bitter about him being Superman (we get to see Damian grow and I still don't like the idea of him becoming Batman) but I wouldn't be nearly as resistant to all this as I am right now. I wouldn't be thinking "Wow, it's a shame one of my favorite writers got put on a HUGE book that I have no interest in supporting."

It's about more than just Super Sons. Even if the trade off was never getting another Super Sons book again, I'd still want Jon back to the way he was.

why don't these disgruntled fans just support the new super sons comic instead of still trying to make it happen in continuity.
    Well I can't speak for other fans but I definitely do both. Unfortunately, this current Super Sons seems to just be another mini so that's all the more reason to want the real Jon back, in continuity.

This is still one of the ugliest fucking things I've ever seen. I've seen some terrible tokusatsu (or tokusatsu inspired) suits in my day (Battle Fever J, ToQger, Kamen Rider Fourze, and Bouken Silver) but this is just...ew. I'd actually rather he keep the New 52 Clark costume if this is the alternative.

Is'nt that what happened?jon went of to train with a crazy person instead of jiraya like figurw
    I'd say not to compare Jiraiya to Jor-El. But Jiraiya was kind of a shitty person too.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I also thought about instead of giving him a cape, make the cape part a sort of coat that goes to his knees but I don’t think they’d do that either

Attachment 108775

Kinda like this fan art
    I like what they were going for with this....I definitely appreciate how different it is....But I hate it. I'd take it over a copy of Clark's suit. But I hate it. Those Wonder Woman and Batman suits look cool though.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-22-2021 at 09:05 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's the artstyle.I am sure the design itself might be good.As a one piece fan,i get that.One piece can be this as well.

Maybe the design is good.Just needs a someone with a different drawing style or artstyle.I am not saying oda is bad.It's just many who can't get into the goofy aspect of his artstyle.It does fit the story of laughtale though.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It's the artstyle.I am sure the design itself might be good.As a one piece fan,i get that.One piece can be this as well.

Maybe the design is good.Just needs a someone with a different drawing style or artstyle.I am not saying oda is bad.It's just many who can't get into the goofy aspect of his artstyle.It does fit the story of laughtale though.
    No, it is not the art style. Also, why a guy with invulnerable skull needs a helmet or the need to hide hisface?
    Really, kill that with fire.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No, it is not the art style. Also, why a guy with invulnerable skull needs a helmet or the need to hide hisface?
    Really, kill that with fire.
    So his face isn't covered with bugs while he flies, jk. Why should Jon get a helmet? Because it looks cool.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Next week in Action Comics 1030
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

It's just not the same

Ugh gross is that a Hitler mustache blah
    Last edited by Journey; 04-22-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I gotta say that I’m not the biggest fan of how Jon is drawn here...he’s supposed to be like 17, not 23 right? Though that might be cause they’re eating
    Last edited by GhostCryptid13; 04-22-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I gotta say that I’m not the biggest fan of how Jon is drawn here...he’s supposed to be like 17, not 23 right?
    Hard to say Bendis's Mediocrity leaves the whole thing pretty obscure.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I gotta say that I’m not the biggest fan of how Jon is drawn here...he’s supposed to be like 17, not 23 right? Though that might be cause they’re eating
    PKJ confirmed 17, yeah.

I'm not sure he's not drawn as a teen here. I mean, take into account not only is Damian just 14, but he's also an uncharacteristically small and short 14 year old. And even then did you see Johns' Teen Titans run? Everyone but Bart looked like CW teens.

I'd say Jon looks like a well built and athletic 17 to 18 year old without question.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    So another big concern I have in regards to Jon being the de facto Superman of earth while Clark is out in space is....what happens to Clark's spot on Bendis' Justice League? Will he still be there? Is someone gonna take his place? Is Jon gonna take his place? Are we gonna have to deal with more Bendis written Jon?
    I won't be surprised if Jon and Wally replace Clark and Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh gross is that a Hitler mustache blah
    That's not a Hitler one. His was more like Charlie Chaplin's. But I still don't like it. Though the art as a whole on Future State LOSH was crap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman