Yeah, that just looks wrong.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    There was this from Future State LOSH

To which I say, kill it with fire.
    Best to erase it, or sweep it under the rug as if it never existed. Truly awful.

And the suit isn't all that nice looking either.

As for Jon; others have already said what I could. His potential wasn't even wasted, but trashed when he was stupidly aged up. And no, I'm not saying him getting older was stupid, but the manner they did it. He should have progressed naturally, like Damian for example. Hell, it could have even been at least somewhat entertaining if his body was aged up, but his personality was still 10-11 years old. Then an adventure happens to return him back to normal. But, no. We get a story where he's left alone with a highly questionable figure by his own mother, kidnapped and emotionally tortured by evil versions of his parents, and we don't even get a response to that other than it was there.

Could Jon have been Damian's age from the start? Sure. And that would probably be the ONLY age up fans would tolerate. But this... I refuse to acknowledge this version. Nothing about this Jon sits right with me. In story and out.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No, it is not the art style. Also, why a guy with invulnerable skull needs a helmet or the need to hide hisface?
    Really, kill that with fire.
    He's not clark.He ain't that invulnerable.He fell of a branch and got hurt once.Supersentai are awesome and cool would be another reason.Even if the design is bad as you say.The idea aint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh gross is that a Hitler mustache blah
    No,it's more like zorro-mustache.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-22-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm hoping Jon's time in space gets explored. I just thought that period of his life had more to offer in terms of story potential.

I'm also hoping some of the future state teases get explored. He better fight the Time Luchadores yo. Please make Trojyen more than Jon's Luthor.

He should definitely go back to Hamilton for an arc or a recurring subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping Jon's time in space gets explored. I just thought that period of his life had more to offer in terms of story potential.

I'm also hoping some of the future state teases get explored. He better fight the Time Luchadores yo. Please make Trojyen more than Jon's Luthor.

He should definitely go back to Hamilton for an arc or a recurring subplot.
    I want more ultraman and jon.I hope that relationship get's developed.Time luchadores are the things i been waiting for as well.They should have jon change costume to the one in future state without the cape.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I want more ultraman and jon.I hope that relationship get's developed.Time luchadores are the things i been waiting for as well.They should have jon change costume to the one in future state without the cape.
    Oh yeah Ultraman is kind of his nemesis now

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I’m not a big fan of how Jon suddenly looks much older and buffer now—probably to make him look more like an adult Superman now—despite still being seventeen and looking younger in previous depictions.

Personally, I prefer the way Godlewski draws Jon leaner and more visually distinct from Clark. Don’t want him to look too much like his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oh yeah Ultraman is kind of his nemesis now
    I dig that idea. If done right, it could be a great exploration in mental trauma and would actually give some meaning to the volcano torture storyline. And what better nemesis for the son of Superman than an evil version of his dad?

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I’m not a big fan of how Jon suddenly looks much older and buffer now—probably to make him look more like an adult Superman now—despite still being seventeen and looking younger in previous depictions.
    He's not as bulky as clark on his worst day.Clark is supposed to be this beefcake.Jon is sortoff nightwing and spiderman buff.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Sure, but he’s about, what, late twenties in Future State? I’d like the current Jon to look closer to a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Since DC is doing a Crime Syndicate miniseries, more ultraman could be on the cards. Ultraman trying to make Jon his Ultraboy could lean into some horror tropes.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Ultraman, has he mentioned Jon since he got a new book and what happened to Superwoman (evil Lois Lane)?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Speaking of Ultraman, has he mentioned Jon since he got a new book and what happened to Superwoman (evil Lois Lane)?
    I think the miniseries is more a prequel than set in the modern-day.

But wouldn’t the problem be that they are rebooted versions of the Crime Syndicate? The Ultraman he would fight now is not the one who would have kept him in the volcano and the Superwoman now is Donna Troy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    But wouldn’t the problem be that they are rebooted versions of the Crime Syndicate? The Ultraman he would fight now is not the one who would have kept him in the volcano and the Superwoman now is Donna Troy.
    She has a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    She has a different name.
    Oh sorry, I’m not actually reading it I have a friend who is and they told me it was basically alternate Donna Troy. He tells me about Crime Syndicate I tell him about Next Batman and Swamp Thing, it’s a whole system based on what we like to read, either way my bad.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-23-2021 at 05:33 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.