Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    They don’t need to reboot the universe, just soft reboot Superman, and a bunch of A-list writers who are truly hackish can write a Superman story where Superman overcomes his grief and moves on quickly before getting into their new jonless status quo

Hell...one can write a truly decent story and boom...no would would dare try to undo that story because of how iconic it is(killing joke)

Wishing for son of Kal-el to fail is too risky
    Doubt they’d remove Jon from continuity; DC relies on comics to develop new IPs, and family Supes is the mainstream depiction right now. Not to mention they might have an eye on the new 5G gen (Jon Superman, Jace Batman, Yara Wonder Woman, Jo Green Lantern, Andy Aquawoman) for adaptations if they ever manage to reach their Phase 4. If Jon’s solo fails he can still be connected with his gen, and DC can just move him to the sidelines and keep their options open for other projects. Plus there are plenty of Jon-less Superman books already.

I do expect at some point for Jon to die because everyone does in comics for drama purposes, but they always get brought back.
    Last edited by oneveryfineday; 05-28-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Incredible Member

They don’t need to reboot the universe, just soft reboot Superman, and a bunch of A-list writers who are truly hackish can write a Superman story where Superman overcomes his grief and moves on quickly before getting into their new jonless status quo

Hell...one can write a truly great story out of Superman’s grief and boom...no would would dare try to undo that story because of how iconic it is(killing joke) and it will be decades before Jon is even entertained to come back
    I very much disagree. I don't think the story would be seen as great or be successful. It wouldn't be able to win anybody over. It would be rejected and fail just like the aged up Jon stuff has been, regardless of who they have write it. In fact it would probably bring down and hurt the reputation of whoever would write it. I think the chance of them caving to popular demand bringing Jon back and de-aged is very possible, and something I'm willing to dig in and fight for.

Wishing for son of Kal-el to fail is too risky
    I don't feel that way at all. I won't be scared in to complacency. Being scared into supporting something because your afraid rejecting it is too risky is an awful way to live. So, I hope it fails. And then we can deal with whatever comes next. Hopefully they'll just de-age Jon rather than trying to fight against the audience further. But in any case I'm not giving up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    He's not. There's no indication he plans to de-age jon at this time. So we're going to have to wait and hope this fails and they decide to de-age him. Sound like overall DC has things planned out through 2022, so we have to endure this another year or so at least. Maybe if this fails Jon can be de-aged as part of next years "crisis level" event.
    My post said "writes Jon well" not "deage Jon and hopes it's better."

I would be perfectly content with a teenage Jon if someone is competent enough to write a teenage Jon. Instead, we seem to be getting nonsense from Bendis who boasted about how his Jon is so much better than the young Jon.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    My post said "writes Jon well" not "deage Jon and hopes it's better."

I would be perfectly content with a teenage Jon if someone is competent enough to write a teenage Jon. Instead, we seem to be getting nonsense from Bendis who boasted about how his Jon is so much better than the young Jon.
    Yeah! i am fine either way.As long as you get adventures of him as kid that leads somewhere,i am fine..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

You know given how she’s part of United Planets and is part of his future state justice league might actually be cool if one of the first people Jon runs into is Jo of the Green Lanterns. Could be an interesting team up plus new Superman meets new green lantern sounds like a good idea.

Plus given what she’s probably about to get into I’m assuming she could use a friend like Jon.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-04-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Just casually scrolling through google for reference pics of Conner and ended up stumbling across these gems

God, I wish Kon had come back sooner.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! bendis's meeting for these two was subpar..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

I for one...cannot wait to watch son of Kal-el fail

I for one...cannot wait to watch son of Kal-el fail
    Noted. I'll be really happy when it won't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Noted. I'll be really happy when it won't.
    How exactly will this title not fail?

Clark isn’t even a good seller most of the time

And you expect me to believe that a reviled version of a character whom most people agree stopped being compelling when he was aged up is somehow not going to fall flat on his face when he replaces his more popular father?

Are you high?

Most people don't agree on teen Jon being reviled. A vocal minority does. That's the difference. That's why you're wrong and well keep being wrong about it in the future.

It'll be a fresh new series, the main "new Superman" title. Of course it'll sell, especially with Taylor at the helm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Most people don't agree on teen Jon being reviled. A vocal minority does. That's the difference. That's why you're wrong and well keep being wrong about it in the future.

It'll be a fresh new series, the main "new Superman" title. Of course it'll sell, especially with Taylor at the helm.
    I cannot wait to come back to this post when this series is cancelled after 12 issues to tell you that I told you so

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I cannot wait to come back to this post when this series is cancelled after 12 issues to tell you that I told you so
    And on the off chance they're correct, what will you do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And on the off chance they're correct, what will you do?
    There is no chance of them being correct, because Post-age up Jon is so toxic that there is no chance of that ever happening.

Unless Abrams movie is revealed to be a son of Kal-el themed movie, Jon Superman is dead in the water

No other possibilities exist for Jon’s Superman not to be a failure
    Last edited by kryptonian; 06-12-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Jon gets his own series and people start wishing it fails lol. It's all fun and games until they shelve Jon and try this out again with a newer character.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?