Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Okay so I figured out what happened, they delayed issue 1 to July 27th and comixology hasn’t posted comics for those dates yet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, not gonna lie, that's almost as bad as:

Jon: I'm worried my dad's gonna die.

Damian: Yeah, sucks....By the way, I know you didn't ask but you were literally put on this earth to replace him when he dies and you have zero say in the matter. Did I mention you don't have a choice? Because you don't. It's not your decision. Your only option is to replace him. That's not even what you were worried about but I'm gonna remind you anyway. You have no will of your own unless that will is to be Superman. Do you like how the author's using the popular Super Sons dynamic to try and make your fans accept that you're Superman? It's super subtle. It's totally not same manipulative nonsense they used when Barbara Gordon was almost speaking directly to the readers with a plea for everyone to "accept Ric Grayson". I know you came to me for comfort but I'm just gonna knowingly put more pressure on you. I'm such a good friend.
    Well,i am glad that jon is becoming superman.And without clark around.And clark?He's going back to his roots as a gladiator for the little guys breaking chain and into space.While,jon gets to experience the world and contrast it to places he has been too.It sortoff makes me glad that jon's upbringing was not in the hands of kents.He just grew up in different places and with different people.it is a great contrast to clark/kal who is just an el and a kent.Sure,the kents left a mark.But,so did damian,the county aliens,earth-3,legion..etc..i wonder what's Taylor's take is gonna be though..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-25-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Taylor just dropped the colored version of one of the preview pages from Superman: Son of Kal-El, and it's that GOOD SH!T!

Taylor also added some words from the issues that seem to be coming from Clark. He says "This is your planet, Jon. This is your place."

I'm starting to get the hint that this is my near ideal situation, and Taylor is positioning this book to function something like his Nightwing and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, but also very much like Fraction's Hawkeye. I mean this in the sense that you give the hero in question has a relatively small domain (a city of their own, a neighborhood, or a single apartment building) and you have them deal with the systemic issues that plague as the main thrust for the story rather than the standard hero stuff (this usually has them piss off whomever was perpetuating the systemic issues to begin with). But the very clever and obvious thing here with Jon as Superman that I was hoping for is that it's not *just* once city...it's the world. Why? Because just like Batman, Spider-Man, and Hawkeye have their responsibilities and settings defined by the juxtaposition of them and their relatively small domains next to Batman with the much more famous Gotham, and the Avengers with safeguarding the whole world, Jon's relatively small domain/responsibilities of looking after one planet may as well be looking after a one city, neighborhood, or apartment building next Clark out in the vastness of space.

And just like those books the first step is for our hero to integrate himself into this world regardless-- or even in spite of their fame or status. Thus Dick stays in an apartment building and buys homeless people pizza, Spider-Man feels more like just another guy around the neighborhood, Hawkeye lives in the aforementioned apartment building, and Jon goes to college.

Last edited by Superlad93; 06-26-2021 at 06:01 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Also that's totally an intentional nod to All Star Superman issue #6, right? I mean, without question.

Down to even the Superboy at the doorstep of super-manhood sitting on the moon and having the "whole world in front of him".

But, in Jon's case the world is imposing as it towers above him. In Clark's case it's small and manageable.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

It also means for jon the world is big enough to have an adventure and explore..

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't think even the most devout of Teen Jon hates can say this book doesn't have gorgeous art. Damn.

Oh no, it definitely does. But then...so did Legion. The art's never been the problem lol

Oh no, it definitely does. But then...so did Legion. The art's never been the problem lol
    I support this affirmation.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

This series isn’t going to make it past 6 issues

Kind of wish this used the Manapul and Coipel art instead but otherwise I think this a neat Banner I saw on Twitter.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

golden age..

Totally forgot about this. Jon with his legion of Apokalips doggos. Kinda wish they had let him bring one home XD

Totally forgot about this. Jon with his legion of Apokalips doggos. Kinda wish they had let him bring one home XD

Is that a new art?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is that a new art?
    It's from the Apokolips Now arc of the Tomasi/Gleason Rebirth run.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    It's from the Apokolips Now arc of the Tomasi/Gleason Rebirth run.
    i remember reading it.but,i remember it had different artstyle....i guess,i am wrong..