Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Have they got rid of his time on Earth 3 post infinite frontier?

That scrapped 5G timeline doesn't count if they did or not.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Have they got rid of his time on Earth 3 post infinite frontier?

That scrapped 5G timeline doesn't count if they did or not.
    My understanding is that no, his time on Earth 3 very much did happen but don't expect it to be mentioned or acknowledged.

Astonishing Member

Earth 3 was recently rebooted, as if the characters of that Earth are just forming together now. I guess they will have to change it at some point later on.

Maybe instead he got lost on the Vampire Earth.

BANNED

Injustice earth would work thematically

Leading a resistance against Superman’s regime with the aid of Batman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    New timeline just dropped: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...ine-dan-didio/

Apparently Jon was supposed to be aged up to 23 and there is zero mention of Super Sons. Interestingly, Damian is listed as 13 for his Robin debut and 15 for TT and Jon as 10 in the year Super Sons is supposed to take place in. Suggests to me in the original 5G plan, Super Sons was viewed as a defect that needed to be corrected because god forbid something unexpectedly gets over with the audience.
    This timeline makes no effing sense. Seriously. He STOPS being Superboy at 16? The ages don't match up with anything. I'm only halfway through and this thing is bonkers. It's obvious Didio just wanted to turn DC into his own personal fan fiction. The new management should have fired him for this alone.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

A massively rewritten version of this 60 year timeline would be amazing for a DCAU type tv series where we cover the DC characters across actual historical decades

But not for comics unless it is a separate imprint
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-18-2021 at 04:22 PM.

So just as we knew, Bendis wasn't completely to blame for the dumpster fire that Jon has become. And by the sounds of it, he actually could have ended up A LOT worse. So....bullet dodged?

Not surprised Didio's timeline was a hot ass mess. Dude is continuity poison.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I guess Bendis just gave Jon an Uncle who is a former government Superspy. It’s interesting thinking the idea of Superman’s uncle.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/16/dc...eague-2018-65/
    Why does this man still have any influence on Superman Lore can DC not take the hint?

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    New timeline just dropped: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...ine-dan-didio/

Apparently Jon was supposed to be aged up to 23 and there is zero mention of Super Sons. Interestingly, Damian is listed as 13 for his Robin debut and 15 for TT and Jon as 10 in the year Super Sons is supposed to take place in. Suggests to me in the original 5G plan, Super Sons was viewed as a defect that needed to be corrected because god forbid something unexpectedly gets over with the audience.
    Ugh thank god he got the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    So just as we knew, Bendis wasn't completely to blame for the dumpster fire that Jon has become. And by the sounds of it, he actually could have ended up A LOT worse. So....bullet dodged?

Not surprised Didio's timeline was a hot ass mess. Dude is continuity poison.
    So, rather than taking a smart bomb, it was just a .50 cal sniper to the head.

One does so much more overall damage, but the end result is still the same.

Why do I have a strange feeling Shazam fan will not be too fond of Jon today, or Superman Jr. as Billy would call him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Jon's appearance in Shazam annoyed the hell out of me that whole interaction, he's like "Relax Kid" Billy's like "Kid!? You're Younger Than Me" Jon's Like "Not Anymore" ugh I go out of my way to avoid Jon as he is now why is he in my other comics doubling down on all the aspects I hate about him currently I can't win.

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Teen Jon sadly isn’t as unpopular as I want him to be...given that his failed legion comic still sold more than PK Johnson’s action comics

30,000 units(legion) vs 24,000 units(action)

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Teen Jon sadly isn’t as unpopular as I want him to be...given that his failed legion comic still sold more than PK Johnson’s action comics

30,000 units(legion) vs 24,000 units(action)
    I feel Legion only sold well cause the art was beautiful & they have a kind of cult following who are gonna buy, I severely doubt people were purchasing it for Jon.