Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Oh my God, doth my eyes deceive me? A Future State book featuring Jon that doesn't immediately make me want to retch? Consider me....interested. It helps that Yara's there too. I really enjoyed her first book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh my God, doth my eyes deceive me? A Future State book featuring Jon that doesn't immediately make me want to retch? Consider me....interested. It helps that Yara's there too. I really enjoyed her first book.
    Well to be fair this would be the version of Jon where he’s probably been Superman as long as his father had when he was a kid and probably learned an important lesson from the events of Superman of Metropolis. This is a Jon who is likely at the top of his game.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, i don't see any difference. The guy was literally showing in superbooks apple not falling far from tree or whatever. He put an entire world in bottle to save a kid. That has always been superman. Even if people have forgotten "i fight for those that can't fight for themselves".
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Few things:

For those wondering if Jon will actually be shown to be stronger than Kara and Clark? Lewis' twitter seems to heavily hint at the answer. Lewis retweeted this: https://twitter.com/TheTurboDeku/sta...44162573815808
    Then someone else mentioned "He retweeted it. Looks like it ain’t too late for Jon to develop some new powers " So it seems the theory that Jon still has greater power to show may hold some water.

Also, Lewis seems to be very aware and happy with how popular his TIME LUCHADORES idea has gotten. He mentions it quite a bit on his twitter, and has even created to comical #RelaseTheLuchadoreCut hashtag.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

From Jamal Lgle's twitter (he's on the Superman Infinite Frontier story with PKJ)

The story is going to feature both Jon and Clark, and this seems to be where PKJ will begin digging into the idea of Jon's mentality after the very strange life he's had. Pretty telling that both the opening Superman stories in IF and Superman and Action are in part Jon focused.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    From Jamal Lgle's twitter (he's on the Superman Infinite Frontier story with PKJ)

The story is going to feature both Jon and Clark, and this seems to be where PKJ will begin digging into the idea of Jon's mentality after the very strange life he's had. Pretty telling that both the opening Superman stories in IF and Superman and Action are in part Jon focused.

Is this gonna be like jon's origin being retold?

The more I read future state the more I just feel so bad for Jon like everything that happened to him was to get him to this point so this basic ass story could happen and so far it's just so lackluster Jon has nothing going for him these days.

Yup, I agree. I think I'll enjoy Pkj's run for what it is, and I'm fine with getting some cohesion. But it's inherently moving away from what I think these characters need. And the problem is that if it's successful, it will become status quo.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-12-2021 at 12:06 PM.

PKJ jon i like.It's cool that kid feels invincible.heck! having superman who actually enjoy's the power and adventure for a change would be much appreciated.On the worser scale,i am more worried about.Portrayals like superman/ww of future state sticking.Oh!well,can't blame the writer when dceased and tom taylor does the samething with jon.Why does jon have to be a good cop?cause his dad was one?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    PKJ jon i like.It's cool that kid feels invincible.heck! having superman who actually enjoy's the power and adventure for a change would be much appreciated.On the worser scale,i am more worried about.Portrayals like superman/ww of future state sticking.Oh!well,can't blame the writer when dceased and tom taylor does the samething with jon.Why does jon have to be a good cop?cause his dad was one?
    Ya know kind of agree with this why is he designated the goody goody I mean his bestfriend is Damian Wayne who's not exactly known to be a goody 2 shoes, so I doubt that's where he gets it from, and it's not like he was even raised by his father thanks to good old **** up a good thing Bendis so even this whole good cop/holier than though tude comes off as unearned from Jon.

Just got done reading Future State's JL and...I actually really liked it. Even Jon. Mostly because that one conversation with Yara was one of the few times where an older Jon actually felt like an older Jon and not just a modern version of Clark. So way to go, Williamson. Now to read this Wonder Woman crossover which I am...less excited for.

Of course it felt like Jon to you, he was talking about "how my dad did it". But I don't like the fact that it's even a big question. I think growing up with Damian as his best friend would absolutely instill in him the notion that what his fathe is doing isn't enough. But I think this should happen while his dad is THE SUPERMAN of earth, and not when be has to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Of course it felt like Jon to you, he was talking about "how my dad did it". But I don't like the fact that it's even a big question. I think growing up with Damian as his best friend would absolutely instill in him the notion that what his fathe is doing isn't enough. But I think this should happen while his dad is THE SUPERMAN of earth, and not when be has to replace him.
    It ain't about doing enough.It simple really.It's the intent/motive of the character that matters.Regardless of clark being there or not.Cause at the end of the day,jon always picked and chose what he wants from his dad.I mean,Lois and clark weren't thrilled jon and damian became buds and jon became superboy.Jon should be mischieveous and energetic.He is a superson.He is about chasing shadows.But not at the cost of individuality.I want jon to be passionate dude.Supersons works cause it's a cool adventure book.Jon being another guy who does all the "right" thing than actually doing what he feels is right is so wrong.Jon never cared about his reputation(Except for when he used to play "i do my homework on time" kid to his parents).He was himself with damian.And being himself had cost him dearly as well.He almost blew up.He got rejected by the titans.He was treated like a bomb from day one by the JL.No one other than damian and crew ever accepted jon for what he is.A kid with too much power that people(justice league and other heroes) wanted and made jon feel it as burden because they were afraid of him.That kinda "If I don't hold back,the world might end" thinking process is good for clark.But,not for jon.Jon should enjoy his abilities and go on cool adventures .Have a blast in general like in supersons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It ain't about doing enough.It simple really.It's the intent/motive of the character that matters.Regardless of clark being there or not.Cause at the end of the day,jon always picked and chose what he wants from his dad.I mean,Lois and clark weren't thrilled jon and damian became buds and jon became superboy.Jon should be mischieveous and energetic.He is a superson.He is about chasing shadows.But not at the cost of individuality.I want jon to be passionate dude.Supersons works cause it's a cool adventure book.Jon being another guy who does all the "right" thing than actually doing what he feels is right is so wrong.Jon never cared about his reputation(Except for when he used to play "i do my homework on time" kid to his parents).He was himself with damian.And being himself had cost him dearly as well.He almost blew up.He got rejected by the titans.He was treated like a bomb from day one by the JL.No one other than damian and crew ever accepted jon for what he is.A kid with too much power that people(justice league and other heroes) wanted and made jon feel it as burden because they were afraid of him.That kinda "If I don't hold back,the world might end" thinking process is good for clark.But,not for jon.Jon should enjoy his abilities and go on cool adventures .Have a blast in general like in supersons.
    To be fair, I don't think writers think Clark or Jon make all the "right" thing because their reputation. Clark and Jon try to do all the "right" thing because that's their character and they think is the right thing.

DC is the worried one about their reputation, so they don't want to put Superman in controversial situations.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-12-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, I don't think writers think Clark or Jon make all the "right" thing because their reputation. Clark and Jon try to do all the "right" thing because that's their character and they think is the right thing.

DC is the worried one about their reputation, so they don't want to put Superman in controversial situations.
    Want to bet.A quote from all star superman
    “You have given them an ideal to aspire to, embodied their highest aspirations. They will race, and stumble, and fall and crawl....and curse....and finally.... They will join you in the sun, Kal-El. They will stumble, they will fall."
    Clark's jesus.He's whole motivation is "People need to follow me and i need to be an example".Some would argue that it's just leading by example.I think not,from clark absolute "i will play the middle man" always portrayals.Some would argue that clark is example figure cause it's right thing to do,To be a role model.Really,Whole humanity is what? Infants.condescension much.Even if i buy that argument.Wouldn't being an example christ like figure be secondary for clark?why does it matter if people don't follow him?I will tell you why,when push comes to shove clark runs after people's acceptance of him,even with lies and deception.Anyways,i would appreciate Jon being optimisitic,sunny,goofy and fun overall.But,that's the end of it.The rule book clinging boyscout ain't gonna do jon good.

Yet,they have no trouble with yara standing up for her conviction and ideals than play the "bigger" man.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-12-2021 at 01:27 PM.