Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

@manwhohaseverything

Could you describe examples of stories you would like to see come from Jon? For example, how would you continue the whole Mstropolis in a bottle story? And what kind of story would you tell after that one. I wanna get a better sense of how you would make this work in the long term

Whelp. SM/WW was just what I feared. Everything that had to do with Yara was super interesting (Man, I REALLY love her) but Jon was almost completely interchangeable with Clark. Not even the New 52 Clark like he is in the other book. This time he really is just....Clark. I'd actually rather have the other book's take on Jon if this is the alternative.

So we got three Future State Books with Jon in them and I've really only liked him in one. Meanwhile Yara continues to be all of the fun that I wish Jon still was. Disappointing, but at least I got a new character to fill the void lol

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    @manwhohaseverything

Could you describe examples of stories you would like to see come from Jon? For example, how would you continue the whole Mstropolis in a bottle story? And what kind of story would you tell after that one. I wanna get a better sense of how you would make this work in the long term
    At the core of jon is an adventure character.Just like at the core of superman is an action character.He is far more entertaining when he helps while doing his shenanigans.Ofcourse,i would want the silent rivalry between the sons and fathers continued.Jon and damian are supersons.And supersons run their own lives.

as for my take,fanfic incoming.
    I think what they will do is have jon kick the tart out of brain cells after walking past the shadow of his father.He rescues the city and resizes it(take that clark,always moping around about kandor ).Now,my idea would be to have jon be hated by the city people.Jon doesn't care.The miltary and other authorities would have jon as the new wanted guy.Jon would sneek back into the city to thank guardian and mister miracle for taking care of things.But,they yell "You idiot!! what were you thinking?".Jon smiles in a goofy manner.Jon appolgises for all the trouble .The other guys are reluctant in forgiving jon.Jon is a bit hurt.But,he understands and says he will make it upto them one day.As he is about leave the city to track down some space luchadores.He sees the kid he saved standing up to protect a little puppy while accidentally causing a mess.Yet,the child smiles wildly as the dog licks him healthy and alive.Jon smiles seeing actual hope.Just then a wormwhole appears.Before jumping into a warp gate with big wrestlers flexing muscles on the other side i might add.
    Jon yells "It's clobber-.wait that one's taken.Gonna have to find me a catchphrase.I don't know how dad does it "
    he smiles and winks at the camera. Jumps in to punch luchadores.

As for kara,She will be seen as the defacto super-successor by people.Jon will be the failed experiment to the people atleast.(I wouldn't end jon-kara conflict.Kara would be the good cop of the story at odds with the kid making a mess)
    Edit-Also,forgot to add that city will remain a mess with all the hatred from both parties being directed at jon,now(i would set up long for story to fix the city).Miltary decides to base a faction in metropolis to reunite metropolis with united states.The rebels (who work for the new billionaire villain) will be fighting against it as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-12-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It's an interesting take and I'm not saying I don't like that personality, but if that's the template you want him to follow then I don't think it makes sense for Jon to be part of the Justice League or to even call himself Superman. Because I do think Superman shouldn't be a wildcard where you never know what he's gonna do next.

I think he should be creative and do impressive things, but in a responsible manner and try not to escalate conflicts. There comes a point where he absolutely has to be a strong fist, like a wall that moves forward and you can't crush him or stop him, he just gives you the opportunity to move while he carries a movement of people behind him peacefully. The thing is that other people will always try to escalate the conflict and Clark has to find a way to get around that without making everyond panic. I love stories with Mister Mxyzptlk because they highlight that side kf Clark. He won't try to take over the game blatantly and turn the tables right away from Mxyzptlk, we will play along and subtly find a way to make him fall on his face.

If you were writing Superman, what would be your 7th story for example. Just so I can get a sense of if Jon would still handle issues the same way by that point. I'm asking what kind of a threat would he face and what solution would he find for the problem.

I’m feeling lately like I’m bad with posting images so here’s a link to Clayton Henry’s Twitter, he’s drawing a pretty decent Jon. Yes I know it’s the more recent teen Jon, it’s still good art though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/claytonhe...65249291456517
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-12-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's pretty good. Not a huge fan of the face though. He lowkey looks like Skull in the Power Rangers comics. Or the Scamwow guy from Aqua Teen Hunger Force lol

It's an interesting take and I'm not saying I don't like that personality, but if that's the template you want him to follow then I don't think it makes sense for Jon to be part of the Justice League or to even call himself Superman. Because I do think Superman shouldn't be a wildcard where you never know what he's gonna do next.
    Superman was a wild card.He was always meant to be.That only changed cause of this.
    https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...3.76112626.jpg
    they needed a character to lecture kids like captain planet.Which they warped into jesus.Jon is superman cause he is a strongman from space protecting the weak in essence atleast.For the kid he protected, jon is superman.My take is inspired from three characters Monkey king,goldenage superman mixed silverage/bronzeage outhere scifi/power and Monkey D. Luffy.As for Justice league,they suck for me.The only real friend clark has on the team is bruce and maybe diana.Otherwise,i wouldn't mind jon not being part of the league.They are a bunch of gods sitting around in mount olympus.I want jon to have his own team of superamigos.
    The thing about responsible action is.It's dictated by the society and it's norms of good and bad.Therefore,does not value change.it prefers the status quo.Jon should be beyond that.He should be a man of pure will to act.Jon should do what he feels is right through instinct and choice based on ideals.
    As for the seventh story,well i would want to do something about kahndaq.The jon goes into kahndaq to get the sword of superman.Kahndaq is isolationist and doesn't allow others to come in.But,jon decides to punch black adam seeing the suffering caused by lack of resources to the people.I want a huge conflict in the kahndaq between black adam and jon.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-12-2021 at 10:42 PM.

All those those things could still happen while Clark is Superman. I see no reason to push Clark away from earth.

But hey, if you wanna keep talking about your ideas for Jon stories, I'm interested

All those those things could still happen while Clark is Superman. I see no reason to push Clark away from earth.
    No it will never happen.Jon is gonna do things that are gonna keep pissing peopel off and even justice league.Clark is always afraid of consequances,that he ignores suffering.He would never cause a global event.That fight with black adam will have huge implication.Superman just went in and puched a dictator.He crossed the border.All the dictators of the world will get a warning.They will problem put a hitlist on him.At the UN all these guys will condemn Superman's unilateral actions.Bare in mind,i would have jon be staying in kahndaq for a while before taking on black adam after assessing situation as one of the people.After all,he needs to find the sword as well.Jon won't be a foreign agent when he punches black adam.He would be a man amongst the people.

You missunderstood me, I meant that Jon can still do those things while his dad is on earth.

You missunderstood me, I meant that Jon can still do those things while his dad is on earth.
    He can.Clark just doesn't factor in the stories.If clark was on earth,he would be the good cop in place of kara. Ofcourse,this isn't gonna be one and done issue.It would be a story arc that starts at issue 7.

Mighty Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/robin-get...ngoing-series/

So Robin's getting his own series. Sure would be nice if a certain kid Superboy could show up in a supporting role, but...we are not allowed to have nice Jon content in the main universe.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

What are you talking about? Everyone is predicting that they are gonna make one of the comics all about Jon on earth as Superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

What are you talking about? Everyone is predicting that they are gonna make one of the comics all about Jon on earth as Superman.
    Stop that. You know that doesn't fit the narrative of DC hating Jon Kent and any content they give is objectively a dumpster fire.

For some fans, Jon was forever to be a ten year-old and Robin's sidekick. I liked him more as a kid and wanted a few more years of that, but ultimately there's been good moments with him since the age-up. I love Jon. I think he's great. Shame that seems to be a taboo opinion.