Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon kent x mary marvel is best ship!!!ever!!fight me....Cause every Jonathan needs his mary/martha.
    I mean I thought there was a possibility in DCeased and she’s about his age so I guess it could work. Whoever he ends up with is fine so long as it’s a well told story.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

When it comes to romances I’ll just say I sincerely hope they do not repeat the mistakes of the New 52 and lock Jon into one LI right away as happened with Clark and Diana. There needs to be multiple potential relationships in play, they shouldn’t squander the opportunity Jon has to get some of that Spider-Man “soap opera” romance aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Someone said Naomi, and that would be interesting. Kinda has to be a female of color, or the House of El in the future can't exist.
    House of El takes place in the 30th century, you can easily have Jon get with whoever and still end up with Rowan down the line. Every POTUS is descended from an English king except one, and that one exception isn’t Obama. That said no way will it be Naomi, she’s clearly being built up as a franchise in her own right.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I thought there was a possibility in DCeased and she’s about his age so I guess it could work. Whoever he ends up with is fine so long as it’s a well told story.
    Yeah, Mary's 18, and Jon's 17. If it did happen, it'd be cool to see how Billy would react - he recently had the embarrassment of his powers failing in mid air, necessitating a rescue from "Superman Junior", and outing his secret identity to everyone at Titans Academy (and thus, probably Mary's as well!)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Someone said Naomi, and that would be interesting. Kinda has to be a female of color, or the House of El in the future can't exist.
    In the DC LGBTQ+ characters appreciation thread I mentioned no way DC would make Jon queer bc of his current/future status as the main Superman. I was speculating that Saturn Girl (bc of LoSH), Mary Marvel (bc of DCeased ) & Naomi would be his main love interests... But honestly Naomi was just a hunch. Actually, I don't care about Jon's love life until it's not written by Bendis.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 08-08-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    In the DC LGBTQ+ characters appreciation thread I mentioned no way DC would make Jon queer bc of his current/future status as the main Superman. I was speculating that Saturn Girl (bc of LoSH), Mary Marvel (bc of DCeased ) & Naomi would be his main love interests... But honestly Naomi was just a hunch. Actually, I don't care about Jon's love life until it's not written by Bendis.
    Jon being queer would be interesting to a point, I don't see them doing it, but it would certainly not be a bad thing if done well, but I agree that I don't see it happening anytime soon. If they bring back Chris Kent on the other hand, you could do it with him and I don't think DC would be against that. As for love interest, I don't see it being a superhero and more likely someone like his mother. I would hope we get a long burn and not a throw them together sort of thing.

You know after reading I am Batman #0 and Son of Kal-el #1 honestly I could see Jace and Jon actually being good friends. Both talk a lot about what they want their symbols to mean in the present day as well as a calling to fight against corruption in service to the suffering common man. It’s weirdly similar, except Jon is mainly going at it from a global perspective whereas Jace is attempting to fight local corruption and power/privilege.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just feel whatever romance they do with Jon if they even do that has to be outright unique! And with Invincible aswell & people already comparing him to Mark if he dates a black woman I don't want her to get the Amber treatment.
    lmao, no one likes Amber because it was obvious from the start she was a secondary love interest to Eve. If they add romance it would be cool if they did multiple relationships without having an obvious end game.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mr Cyborg's. Apart from Donna who lacks a codename (and thus is Ms Troy), all of the Titans teachers are known by their codename (Mr Nightwing, Ms Starfire, etc).
    Plot twist!
    spoilers:
    Conner did NOT join the Suicide Squad. Waller cloned him.
    end of spoilers
    thanks for the clarification.

Shipping is the bane of fiction..you run from it..avoid it..but it will always arrive..
    Shipping is the litmus test for a character/story's popularity. The more popular something is the more shipping it has.

I don't mind Bendis's Legion so I'm cool with them popping up in Taylor's run.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Shipping is the litmus test for a character/story's popularity. The more popular something is the more shipping it has.
    Only issue is when the shipping turns into a war, then you have issues.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

And then you stuff where people read the stories for these stupid ships..not the things the stories are about.It's like watching notebook and expecting aliens to arrive.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-12-2021 at 01:15 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

And then you stuff where people read the stories for these stupid ships..not the things the stories are about.It's like watching notebook and expecting aliens to arrive.
    As long as people are reading - and buying - it helps keep the series going. Relationships have always been part of comics.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    As long as people are reading - and buying - it helps keep the series going. Relationships have always been part of comics.
    Whatever sells might be good argument if we weren't in comics industry that clings on to ips instead of telling stories and creating new ips after ending those that don't sell well.
    That's upto the person who writes the story..Also this idea that ships themselves sell is false..Characters in the ship does..Characters are made by themes and what they are about.If the characters themselves change what they are about.Then the character itself changes.I believe won't care for the ships with the character as well.People love batman because it's batman and catwoman. If batman suddenly decides to stop being vigilante and becomes a full time doctor as bruce wayne.catwoman decides to be bartender.If batman becomes a medical drama.People who previously invested in won't care "batcat"..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-12-2021 at 07:38 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Ships and superhero action/drama are very clearly not mutually exclusive, and in fact enhance each other.

There's a reason people respond to who a person dates. It's because it speaks on their character in the same way what they stand for as a hero and person does. You get yet another avenue to explore the inner workings of a character and the themes that make them up. That even extends to when ships are primarily frivolous in nature. That absence of deeper connection is in itself an chance to say something about the character (s).

This is more or less fiction 101, in my opinion.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.