Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Nice piece of Super Sons fanart based on Taylor's upcoming fantasy AU

https://twitter.com/floatinghanmi/st...612097/photo/1

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Too much white and not enough colours for jon.needs more red,blue and yellow
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-24-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'mma give Taylor about one or two more goes before Jon is officially a lost cause for me. But I feel the sentiment. That said, given the rumors that people talk about more than they actually talk about the book, it might be more accurate to say he'll have his own "Lewis" lol

I don't really care either way. But I kinda hope that if they plan on pulling this plug, they wait until they know for sure if this book is a sure-fire success so that it feels less like a contrived attempt at forcing relevancy...you know...like it did for Tim. Who had no relevance before he came out and now comics twitter thinks he's the best thing ever. Because I guess a character's sexuality solves all their problems now XD
    Well put, this rumor smacks of desperation to me as it did with Tim. I also predict, if true, it won't solve Jon's relevancy problem only give him a small short-term boost primarily with the Comic Book Media and Twitter (who mostly don't buy the monthly product anyway by all indications).
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-25-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well put, this rumor smacks of desperation to me as it did with Tim. I also predict, if true, it won't solve Jon's relevancy problem only give him a small short-term boost primarily with the Comic Book Media and Twitter (who mostly don't buy the monthly product anyway by all indications).
    “Jon won’t make it pass 2016 before DC erases him and the marriage…just you watch”

Nice piece of Super Sons fanart based on Taylor's upcoming fantasy AU

https://twitter.com/floatinghanmi/st...612097/photo/1
    Eh. Given the context, I think it works for what it is. It's a very princely look that still invokes the feeling of Superman (or Superboy in this case). I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    “Jon won’t make it pass 2016 before DC erases him and the marriage…just you watch”
    Hmmm, okay, in some ways that might have been preferable, IMO.

PS My current favorite version of Jon is by far from Superman & Lois. Usually, I don't enjoy characters without powers but he's written lightyears better than his comic book counterpart, IMO.

Spectacular Member

PS My current favorite version of Jon is by far from Superman & Lois. Usually, I don't enjoy characters without powers but he's written lightyears better than his comic book counterpart, IMO.
    A small and insignificant minority hold that opinion

I am SUPER (pun intended) behind on that show but from what little I've seen I actually do really like that take on Jon. It's different but for what it is, I think it works.

Kinda like this current Titans show. It's not even close to being the Titans that I love but I still really enjoy it...for the most part....the latter half of season 2 was a hot ass mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    A small and insignificant minority hold that opinion
    Prove it, show me the data. This is your opinion nothing more nothing less don't act otherwise. You aren't impressing or convincing anyone. The only books that typically do gangbusters for DC are Batman-related ones. Overall, Spider-Man and X-Men also murdered Bendis' Superman in sales these are cold hard facts as did Immortal Hulk.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-25-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Me too but I think it's cause the actor has Conner vibes. So just give him the shades/leather jacket and call it a day.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-25-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Prove it, show me the data. This is your opinion nothing more nothing less don't act otherwise.
    And even if it is true (and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case. Especially since Taylor's gotten so many people to jump ship), I'm not really understanding what joy he and a few others clearly get in bursting someone's bubble like this. Everyone has a direction in a story that they don't like. Everyone has an opinion on certain directions that they enjoy voicing and talking about. We're all Jon fans here. We just have different ideas of what made Jon so great in the first place.

And even if it is true (and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case. Especially since Taylor's gotten so many people to jump ship), I'm not really understanding what joy he and a few others clearly get in bursting someone's bubble like this. Everyone has a direction in a story that they don't like. Everyone has an opinion on certain directions that they enjoy voicing and talking about. We're all Jon fans here. We just have different ideas of what made Jon so great in the first place.
    Exactly, there is no point arguing opinions. That said, we know Bendis' run in which these changes to Jon were introduced, was a sales failure because of Perch's analysis (look him up on Youtube) and those of several others. There is NO denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Me too but I think it's cause the actor has Conner vibes. So just give him the shades and the leather jacket.
    For me, it is more his everyday struggles that have humanized him in live-action rather than running off to the future so he can do what daddy did with the Legion or growing up instantly in space. Comic book Jon is not relatable to me. IMO, he has become a canvas for big ideas to see what sticks rather than an organically evolving character people can get behind.

Edit- What has happened to comic book Jon in recent years would be like if most of Izuku's from MHA (the insanely popular My Hero Academia) character development in the training school and big moments happened off-screen. Few would care about the guy if he just showed up after a time skip as an adult and starting kicking ass in full control of his abilities.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-25-2021 at 09:38 AM.

For me, it is more his everyday struggles that have humanized him in live-action rather than running off to the future so he can do what daddy did with the Legion or growing up instantly in space. Comic book Jon is not relatable to me. IMO, he has become a canvas for big ideas to see what sticks rather than an organically evolving character people can get behind.

Edit- What has happened to comic book Jon in recent years would be like if most of Izuku's from MHA (the insanely popular My Hero Academia) character development in the training school and big moments happened off-screen. Few would care about the guy if he just showed up after a time skip as an adult and starting kicking ass in full control of his abilities.
    That's actually a good way of putting it.

And though the Jon of Superman & Lois is a teen, he's written in a very good way.

Oh my God...that's actually a pretty damn good comparison. I've been saying for a while now that Jon's just become a less interesting Deku. So that works XD