Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Stop that. You know that doesn't fit the narrative of DC hating Jon Kent and any content they give is objectively a dumpster fire.

For some fans, Jon was forever to be a ten year-old and Robin's sidekick. I liked him more as a kid and wanted a few more years of that, but ultimately there's been good moments with him since the age-up. I love Jon. I think he's great. Shame that seems to be a taboo opinion.
    I do think Jon aging up 6 years or however long it was was a mistake. I think it robbed us of so many cool moments of him growing up with his parents, things that only happen when you are 12 years old or 14 years old. It also messed up his development phase, and not in an enjoyable way. I don't think I will like the parts of the story where Jon reflects on the fact that he has been thrown around in time and dimensions for years without his parents. I think it's much more interesting for him to be a kid who is expected to act like a mini Superman and at the same time his childhood on earth as a kid in school is interrupted by an alien invasion, and a magical curse placed on Metropolis, and etc. Those 6 years we skipped are when he would develop a unique personality with influence of both his parents.

But having said all of this, DC is trying to push as hard as they can Jon as a star, it's just that the way they did it hurts the character more than it helps. What they are trying to do with him is something they maybe should have done with Kara instead.

Stop that. You know that doesn't fit the narrative of DC hating Jon Kent and any content they give is objectively a dumpster fire.

For some fans, Jon was forever to be a ten year-old and Robin's sidekick. I liked him more as a kid and wanted a few more years of that, but ultimately there's been good moments with him since the age-up. I love Jon. I think he's great. Shame that seems to be a taboo opinion.
    Eh. There's a difference between a taboo opinion and an unpopular one.

As much hate as older Jon gets on here, I haven't seen anyone receive hate for liking him. Thats honestly one of the reasons I prefer the DC side of this forum over Marvel. Less hostility over opinions. Jon may currently be dead to me but I ain't gonna get on anyone's case for liking this version of the character. I'm just gonna continue bitching about him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. There's a difference between a taboo opinion and an unpopular one.

As much hate as older Jon gets on here, I haven't seen anyone receive hate for liking him. Thats honestly one of the reasons I prefer the DC side of this forum over Marvel. Less hostility over opinions. Jon may currently be dead to me but I ain't gonna get on anyone's case for liking this version of the character. I'm just gonna continue bitching about him lol
    That's where I am. Still waiting on the real Jon.

Have they de-aged Jon yet?

Stopped reading when they turned him into a teen hoping they would backtrack eventually.

Has it happened yet? If not do the chances look good?

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Have they de-aged Jon yet?

Stopped reading when they turned him into a teen hoping they would backtrack eventually.

Has it happened yet? If not do the chances look good?
    It hasn't happened and its probably not gonna happen. They seem to be going ahead with their plans to make him Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i am with you.Aged up jon isn't that bad.But,i don't think it's a taboo opinion here.These guys haven't minded me posting adult jon stuff here.They just need to put some ground rules for portrayal with someone's vision for him.Either way jon can't clark when clark is around.If clark is about inspiring people.Then there should be counter balance of someone who does things.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-14-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

What good moments has Jon had since the age up can someone let me know cause frankly all I've gotten is 2 years of nothing, and sloppy kiss with basic blond female.

I mean....to be fair, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may only be able to name two moments with older Jon that I liked but that doesn't mean other people don't have things about him that they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What good moments has Jon had since the age up can someone let me know cause frankly all I've gotten is 2 years of nothing, and sloppy kiss with basic blond female.
    He bottled an entire city to save a kid(tell me! that doesn't feel like luffy.Come on,challenging entire world for a fight to save a friend?).He survived inside volcano with out the sun.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He bottled an entire city to save a kid(tell me! that doesn't feel like luffy.Come on,challenging entire world for a fight to save a friend?).He survived inside volcano with out the sun.
    2 of those I just label as bad writing or at the least dumb thinkng on Jon's part, and one I don't even remember what friend?

What good moments did he have as a kid ? Because as far as I can tell, he had none and it was him aging which made him finally an interesting character.

2 of those I just label as bad writing or at the least dumb thinkng on Jon's part, and one I don't even remember what friend?
    You asked cool moment.I can't decide a cool moment for you.I can only point out what i think is cool.And i think a guy willing to bottle an entire city so that bunch of jackasses don't go to war and kill children is a badass. that was about luffy.but,i can see jon being like that for damian or anyone close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    What good moments did he have as a kid ?
    He tamed apocalypses hell dogs.He beat a telepath,kid amazo(with help) and saved justice league.He went to another dimensions/worlds.He saw a civilisation choosing death because of religious beliefs.He learned to levitate by falling on his face.He learn to control his power by controlling his emotions.He gave an entire county of refugee aliens a home.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    .He saw a civilisation choosing death because of religious beliefs.
    What story was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What story was that?
    There was this story with clark and jon encountering an alien civilisation on some krypton festival day or something like that.(I believe,jon asks clark"whether he believed in god" or something to that affect).Their planet was dieing and they refused to leave even then because they believed it was their "sin" or some decree or something like that.Worse they were hunting this scientist person who had preserved this batch eggs.Clark and jon help the scientist.Clark tries to reason with them.But,they wouldn't budge.The scientist asks clark to save the batch of eggs .So clark fights them and saves the batch of eggs.Jon takes the batch of eggs and runs/flies away far off.Clark goes back to save them.He is unable to convince or change their minds.The planet blows up and jon see it.Clark survives and comes back.Then jon and clark find a home for the eggs to start a new civilisation.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What story was that?
    It was in the back half of Action Comics under Jurgens if I recall correctly.

Also, Challenge of the Super Sons sees print in April.

With a cover this gorgeous, there's no way it's not going in my long box.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-15-2021 at 11:03 AM.