Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Ah, don't be down. We're all fans here.

Here, have something cute to talk about:
    https://twitter.com/Natureavalanche/...19718599823368

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Hm, Jon is in his Superboy costume instead of his new one? Wonder if that means anything in particular. The timelines are still confusing around the Super books.

Maybe an arc is too much to hope for, but it would be really fun to get a Taylor/Jimenez one-off story for SoKE.
    I actually like this suit better than most. I'm not so into the new one.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Ah, don't be down. We're all fans here.

Here, have something cute to talk about:
    https://twitter.com/Natureavalanche/...19718599823368

Thank you for that. And I agree making him 14/15/16 would have been the better option. Maybe in the near future they can age him down some. Unless we get a whole Reboot. Or if some animation comes out and becomes popular they may say "Well age him closer to Damian" and have at it. Also agree that Izuku is a good comparison, and given the recent turn of events in that story, I wold think that the comparison between him and Jon would be more direct to.

I wonder if there is a way to honestly fix this. I get what Bendis was trying to do in a way, if he was behind the older Jon idea, but I think the way it was done didn't help. Really Jon needed a book like Damian's or even Tim's. Just one writer focusing on him getting older and becoming a hero on his own. Taylor would have been a good choice because he can write younger characters, he had a book with the lead being about Jon's age pre up aging where he and his family were on adventures in the deep sea. There's also Franklin Richards, Luna Laffette, and Kei who could control godzilla sized monsters. I mean if they could last for a good series so could Jon.

As for the moment right now, I like the suit and I hope that Tom can at least have some interaction with him and Nightwing and also let him hang out with Damian. I know they're at least 4/5 years apart (and I would have liked it better if he had gone to high school over college -as I think they're trying for the Peter Parker feel for him) but you could still write some great stories with them hanging out, and having fun together. Kind of like how Kon is technically older than Tim but they manged to be best friends.

I kind of hope that the YJ series actually pushes more of kid jon out there maybe they'll do what they did with Chris and have him de-age. If it's to be believed that Jurgens said they could make jon into whatever, then some of this lies as his mistake when he pitched him.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s about time! Hopefully this sees the light of day and there’ll be a Fandome announcement?

Amazing Member

Wow that's nice news ..

Damn. It’s finally happening huh? Maybe an announcement at Fandome? Hopefully that’s not a pitched project that didn’t get approved like the Superfamily one. But we are getting Damian and Krypto movies so I think it might be happening.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was never excited for Fandome and I don't want to get my hopes up and set my expectations too high, so I'm choosing to expect nothing based on one guy's resume.

spoilers:
    Though, Jimenez's recent art for Damian and aged up Jon is a little serendipitous, but is most likely a coincidence...or is it?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I was never excited for Fandome and I don't want to get my hopes up and set my expectations too high, so I'm choosing to expect nothing based on one guy's resume.

spoilers:
    Though, Jimenez's recent art for Damian and aged up Jon is a little serendipitous, but is most likely a coincidence...or is it?
    end of spoilers
    Lol the two wouldn’t be connected at all I don’t think. Jimenez’s cover is likely a variant for Taylor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

And the Jon train keeps on rollin'!

No matter the form this takes I'm happy, but one question is on my mind: what continuity would this be in?

So like, yeah, one would assume "Superlad, obviously this is going to be it's own thing because the universe in the movies doesn't even have Lois and Clark dating yet!" And, yeah, you're totally right. I wouldn't even assume a time jump when the Justice League isn't even formed.

.....but what about time travel? Then you're like "ugh! Superlad! This isn't a Flash movie. Flash is the time travel guy, duh." And to that I say, well, not really anymore. Flash is the alternate dimensions guy now. We've got the JSA movie, the current comics, and obviously the The Flash movie all gearing Flash heavily towards dimensional travel. But, you know what IP DC wants to start to getting more popular? The Legion. And obviously the Legion is now hitched to their new Superman, Jon Kent.

What if it's a Super Sons movie that's set in the near future of the new animated DCU and they time travel to the present using Legion tech?

And you'll notice that DC/WB has yet to announce a another in universe DC animated movie. All we have coming up is a Catwoman anime and Injustice. They're due an in universe movie, and this could be it. And similar to how JSA widened the universe while hinting at the simple idea of the JLA forming as an afterthought, I can see this being the same. Damian and Jon going "wait where's the Justice Le--" and then the other shutting them up before they create a break time.

There's also a chance that they may skip straight to teen Jon and just simply say Jon was born 3 years ahead of Damian. It's all possible if not likely given the current climate of DC and how the specific way they're pushing Jon. But baby steps first. Lets see if this is true let alone announced in a month.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If it ain't funny then it wouldn't work.First and foremost,damian is the jerk.Jon is the invulnerable kid.Fists fly when they meet.Slapstick and bickering!!!!!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-02-2021 at 11:55 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

I guess it's part of next year animated projects line-up. I hope it's a standalone series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No matter the form this takes I'm happy, but one question is on my mind: what continuity would this be in?
    They can make first Justice League movie in this universe, and then do a big timeskip, where Clark and Lois already married and have Jon, and Damian is Robin, it's not that hard for them. Not a best move, though, but they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    It’s about time! Hopefully this sees the light of day and there’ll be a Fandome announcement?
    Yeah, I would expect it to be announced then. Szabo might be in trouble though, as he's leaked the existence of it ahead of time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

is another time skip happening in young justice?

Damian and Jon were jsut born in seaosn 3

I don’t expect it to be part of the new shared universe. It will either be a standalone or maybe a spin-off of Young Justice since Jon and Damian debuted there last season.