Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Weisman said, that he doesn't want to do another big time-skip in Young Justice. I think if Damian and Jon will appear there, it will be some sort of epilogue, with Dick mentoring new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Weisman said, that he doesn't want to do another big time-skip in Young Justice. I think if Damian and Jon will appear there, it will be some sort of epilogue, with Dick mentoring new generation.
    That said, a time skip between S3 and S4 is confirmed, but it will be a shorter one than between 2 & 3. I’m guessing 2 years.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That said, a time skip between S3 and S4 is confirmed, but it will be a shorter one than between 2 & 3. I’m guessing 2 years.
    Yeah, I mean some really big, like between first two seasons. I remember he was asked this because of Damian and Jon appearances, and he said, that for now he's not planning timeskip big enough for them to grow up. Maybe in the future.

I don’t expect it to be part of the new shared universe. It will either be a standalone or maybe a spin-off of Young Justice since Jon and Damian debuted there last season.
    I think it's likely a standalone all ages DTV like Batman: Unlimited or something.

Super Sons wouldn't really fit with the normal DTV's in my opinion, since I'm expecting they're going to be leaning on the Tomasi take.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I remember when people assured me that there was no chance Long Halloween would be in continuity...

I could see it working really easily. Maybe even make the back drop of the movie the Justice League's first mission after being formed off screen, and it's up to Jon and Damian to use their knowledge of the event to save their parents.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-03-2021 at 08:13 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think only Valkanai thought it wouldn’t be and only then because he hated the shared universe. TLH was an origin story same as MoT so I immediately thought it would be the starting point for the new shared universe Batman. It’s not impossible Super Sons could be a part of it, but I’m guessing like Frontier said, that it will be one of the standalones. Is the Catwoman movie part of next years slate or is it like Batman Ninja, something supplemental? If it’s just supplemental than Super Sons can be the standalone and we’ll still have two open spots for shared universe movies.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Batman: Ninja was an out of house thing made and written by an anime production studio, but the Catwoman movie seems to be in house because it's written by Weismen.

And with that and Injustice there's yet to be announced an in continuity movie, so if Super Sons gets announced that's most likely it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Wasn't the most recent Super-Sons miniseries time-travel based? If it is an in-continuity movie, I would expect it to take inspiration from that rather than time-skipping the universe at least 10 years.

They've been kind of vague with the branding but I think the Catwoman film has been labeled a separate film from the main DTV line, so it's like Batman: Ninja or Batman vs. TMNT in that sense. I know it's being directed by an actual anime director.

Thematically and tonally I just don't think Super Sons would make any sense in a Butch Lukic film considering where they are at now.

Tomasi's run? Probably not. But something that uses Jon at the age he is now with Damian at 14? I could see it fitting in with little to no issue.

The pitch even being "Back To The Future meets the DCU".

Like I said before, Flash is no longer the time travel guy in the DCU in basically all of its major forms now. He's the dimensional/alt reality guy, so that leaves open time travel to be established and explored by another IP (or IPs).

In any case, I don't have crazy high expectations of this being in continuity, so I'm not betting the farm on it, but it's worth not ruling out given how these things have been connected even when it seems like they had every right to not be when announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Tomasi's run? Probably not. But something that uses Jon at the age he is now with Damian at 14? I could see it fitting in with little to no issue.

The pitch even being "Back To The Future meets the DCU".

Like I said before, Flash is no longer the time travel guy in the DCU in basically all of its major forms now. He's the dimensional/alt reality guy, so that leaves open time travel to be established and explored by another IP (or IPs).

In any case, I don't have crazy high expectations of this being in continuity, so I'm not betting the farm on it, but it's worth not ruling out given how these things have been connected even when it seems like they had every right to not be when announced.
    I think if they were to go with the Super Sons they would most likely go with the most marketable versions, which is the younger versions. Otherwise I guess you would need them to be older to work within movies that are known for having character curse and visibly die in graphic ways, but I don't really feel like you would think to do the Super Sons in that kind of setting.

Flash is still a time travel guy, Impulse doesn't exist in the present-day without time travel and that was a significant part of the back-half of the last season of his TV show. We don't know if Ezra Miller ends up in the Keaton-verse because he tries to go back in time to save his mom like in the comics, but a Flash movie franchise would probably still deal with time travel at some point. Reverse-Flash doesn't work without time travel and he's Flash's biggest villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if they were to go with the Super Sons they would most likely go with the most marketable versions, which is the younger versions. Otherwise I guess you would need them to be older to work within movies that are known for having character curse and visibly die in graphic ways, but I don't really feel like you would think to do the Super Sons in that kind of setting.
    They could, or they'll just use the current version because they have an agenda beyond just putting out a Super Sons movie.

Flash is still a time travel guy, Impulse doesn't exist in the present-day without time travel and that was a significant part of the back-half of the last season of his TV show. We don't know if Ezra Miller ends up in the Keaton-verse because he tries to go back in time to save his mom like in the comics, but a Flash movie franchise would probably still deal with time travel at some point. Reverse-Flash doesn't work without time travel and he's Flash's biggest villain.
    We've already heard them talk about the multiverse in relation to the Flash movie.

Again, I don't have high hopes for it being what I say, but I'm putting out the possiblity.

It could be connected through the Multiverse, so not set on the “Earth 1” that the MoT and TLH movies are set on, but another Earth similar to JSA. But I don’t think they’ll be doing time travel or a time skip to the extent you’re proposing.

It could be connected through the Multiverse, so not set on the “Earth 1” that the MoT and TLH movies are set on, but another Earth similar to JSA. But I don’t think they’ll be doing time travel or a time skip to the extent you’re proposing.
    I never said time skip. I don't think they'll do that this early (if ever). I still think time travel is for sure on the table though. But I could also see them introducing an early days "Earth-5G" (for lack of a better term) of sorts to set the movie on, and then at the end of the film you get a tease that it connects to the rest of it.

They could, or they'll just use the current version because they have an agenda beyond just putting out a Super Sons movie.
    The current versions aren't really the marketable Super Sons though. At least right now.
    We've already heard them talk about the multiverse in relation to the Flash movie.

Again, I don't have high hopes for it being what I say, but I'm putting out the possiblity.
    I know that, but technically Flashpoint created an alternate universe to begin with and was set off through time travel.
    The only reasons I can see them doing time skips is so we can get to Dark Victory for Robin or Barbara Gordon old enough to be Batgirl.
    I never said time skip. I don't think they'll do that this early (if ever). I still think time travel is for sure on the table though. But I could also see them introducing an early days "Earth-5G" (for lack of a better term) of sorts to set the movie on, and then at the end of the film you get a tease that it connects to the rest of it.
    I'm betting on an Elseworlds film.