Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1363
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

He said it was for a book that wasn't announced yet? So it's new and he's not just filling in on Son of Kal-El? And I check on his twitter and IG and he's got more and more Jon stuff that seems to also be from this project, so it looks like it's heavy on him.

My guess is that this might be a Jon lead Stormwatch book.

And I don't know if anyone at DC picked up on it, but having a Superman who is in part all about saving the environment lead a team called Stormwatch is high key dope.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Stormwatch? They all but say Jon’s going to replace Clark on the JL at some point. Can’t see him on two teams.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I figured the same thing, but after reading today's Justice League and the new members in question seemingly being Naomi, Wonder Mom, and Black Adam, I doubt Jon, Jackson, or anyone else is joining up for a bit even with Clark leaving.

Plus, over in Action Clark says that Jon doesn't HAVE to join, and that he should "follow his instincts". Jon's also not happy that his dad got kicked out (partisuclaly pissed at Bruce), and the JL makes it clear that they have to work with governments of the world in a way that seems to run almost completely opposite to how Jon is starting to set himself up what with how he's actively incited the wrath of a whole nation.

I've been wondering how they planned on squaring the Leagues government freindly stance with Jon's "if it's the right thing to do then I'll do it" sort of way of doing things.

Plus, it would reuse the New 52 idea of how they wanted to build towards JL vs Stormwatch.

So, one team. I figure when Jon joins the JL it'll be when Yara and Jace are also ready. Or they'll eventually make their own JL team.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I figured the same thing, but after reading today's Justice League and the new members in question seemingly being Naomi, Wonder Mom, and Black Adam, I doubt Jon, Jackson, or anyone else is joining up for a bit even with Clark leaving.
    I'm half-expecting Bendis has actually written that in an issue of JL .

The solicit lied, no new members joined this week. Those three all joined a few months ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The solicit lied, no new members joined this week. Those three all joined a few months ago.
    On us for believing solicits when it comes to Bendis lol. Still think Jon, Jace, and Yara are going to join at some point. Maybe it won’t be until after the 2022 event though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    On us for believing solicits when it comes to Bendis lol. Still think Jon, Jace, and Yara are going to join at some point. Maybe it won’t be until after the 2022 event though.
    The new (Young) Justice League .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm holding out hope for a Trinity book. I really think the three of them-- at the age they're at and with the legacies they uphold-- could really, finally, make a Trinity book worth a damn.

I'd especially like the idea of Jon and Yara not even knowing who Jace is (going to assume all Batman masks are lead lined just because). All three have such personal and distinct goals and stories, so it'd be really cool to see them converge as a make-shift "team" and hint at the legends they'll soon be.

Extraordinary Member

I'm holding out hope for a Trinity book. I really think the three of them-- at the age they're at and with the legacies they uphold-- could really, finally, make a Trinity book worth a damn.

I'd especially like the idea of Jon and Yara not even knowing who Jace is (going to assume all Batman masks are lead lined just because). All three have such personal and distinct goals and stories, so it'd be really cool to see them converge as a make-shift "team" and hint at the legends they'll soon be.
    But right now, Yara is “Wondergirl” not “Wonder Wonder.”
    Even though Jon and Jace are stepping into “Superman” and “Batman.”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But right now, Yara is “Wondergirl” not “Wonder Wonder.”
    Even though Jon and Jace are stepping into “Superman” and “Batman.”
    Which is exactly why it's interesting. On top of everything, Yara and Jace are in their mid 20s and Jon is only 17 yet he's Superman. Jace isn't even known to be related to the Bat family yet he's declared himself Batman. How does she even feel about being known as "Wonder Girl"? There's an inherently interesting dynamic to be built here with stuff like that, and it would work as a primer for when they eventually either join the League or make their own.

I find it holds more potential to it than the classic Trinity kind of lining up far more neatly, and only really creating contrast on a fairly superficial level. Their goal, backgrounds, and takes on being the hero that their immediate worlds need is distinct. Their only true bond is that it's expected of them to friends given their legacy.

Yeah I think that could work. Part of the reason past Trinity books have failed is that the OGs are a little too similar imo. This new trio are all pretty different from each other in terms of personality and background.

Jon has the weight of living up to his dad and the expectations everyone has placed on him since birth. Jace appropriated the Batman mantle and isn’t necessarily “welcome” in the superhero community yet. Yara is brash but only just beginning to discover her heritage unlike Jon and Jace who have trained for years.

Since apparently I'm the only one who follows Vik Bogdanovic, here's some more: https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...67133569404934

"Can you make Jon Kent a kid again?"

Not my decision, sorry. But if it's any help - I can draw him eating cereal.

In replies, he acknowledges that he'd rather Jon be a kid, too, so that's good.

This thing is really, really Jon heavy, yet apparently it's not Bog working as a fill-in for Son of Kal-El?

Trinity?

Superman & The Revolutionaries?

Superman & Stormwatch?

Whatever it is, is it a mini, a maxi, an ongoing? I mean, once Woman of Tomorrow, Batman/Superman, and Superman & The Authority end, we'll only have two in continuity Superman books running and we'll have I wanna say at least two spots open for books.

He said it hadn't even been announced yet, so it could be a while before we see results. Did that October Superman event ever get announced because it's the start of the month and nada? I'd reckon whatever Vik is drawing is for after that and probably starts in 2022.

(i just can't shake this horrible feeling that he's drawing the eventual new Super Sons ongoing *shivers in disgust* I hope I'm wrong and just anxious)

I feel like if it were Super Sons then he'd tease a bit more Damian.

But Super Sons does feel like the most likely candidate especially with Batman/Superman ending.

I just hope Williamson doesn't write it. I'd take almost anyone but him. They might get Tomasi to come in as a fan favorite to give his seal of approval. I'd love it to be Yang though.

It kind of just hit me that Super Sons is in fact the most successful and popular take on the Batman/Superman book at DC to date.