Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    What good moments did he have as a kid ? Because as far as I can tell, he had none and it was him aging which made him finally an interesting character.
    If you find carbon copy yet somehow even more beta male version of Clark interesting hats off too you, I find that bland and uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You asked cool moment.I can't decide a cool moment for you.I can only point out what i think is cool.And i think a guy willing to bottle an entire city so that bunch of jackasses don't go to war and kill children is a badass. that was about luffy.but,i can see jon being like that for damian or anyone close.

He tamed apocalypses hell dogs.He beat a telepath,kid amazo(with help) and saved justice league.He went to another dimensions/worlds.He saw a civilisation choosing death because of religious beliefs.He learned to levitate by falling on his face.He learn to control his power by controlling his emotions.He gave an entire county of refugee aliens a home.
    This just made me want to watch One Piece, but pretty sure their like on episode 1000 i stopped when Ace Died.

You made it further than me. I've tried about a million times but I always stop around Enies Lobby. I just can't bring myself to care about any of these people aside from Zoro, Sanji, and Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You made it further than me. I've tried about a million times but I always stop around Enies Lobby. I just can't bring myself to care about any of these people aside from Zoro, Sanji, and Robin.
    I only watch dub so when Funimation stopped around when mermaids entered the picture that was it for me. The art also got shitty I heard and Robin & Nami and basically anyone who's not Luffy, Zoro & Sanji get treated as gags eye candy so I heard.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This just made me want to watch One Piece, but pretty sure their like on episode 1000 i stopped when Ace Died.
    One piece is straight up fire for me(the manga ofcourse).If you liked ennies lobby and marine ford then the series gonna be for you.The guys are in wano now.The latest chapters have been a blast.It's up there with fmab,hxh,dororo,berserk...etc.It definetly is in my top 10 of all times.Demon slayer is cool too.the only anime's i am watching.Btw,ace and sabo are my favourite characters.
    I only watch dub so when Funimation stopped around when mermaids entered the picture that was it for me. The art also got shitty I heard and Robin & Nami and basically anyone who's not Luffy, Zoro & Sanji get treated as gags eye candy so I heard.
    The gang is separated and just rejoined.Story is more focused on the grand fleet and the worst generation.It's not just about the strawhats anymore.But,nami literally stole an emepror big moms ability zeus.She also helped luffy beat a commander.She was literally tortured to say "luffy is not gonna be the king".But she declares "Luffy is gonna be the king of the pirates" some issues ago.Robin is most important puzzle piece that can read the ponegylph.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm more of a Fairy Tail, MHA, and Hunter X Hunter kinda guy, myself. I respect One Piece but I just..can't get into it. Which is a shame cuz it clicks almost all the usual check boxes for stuff that I'm into.

I'm more of a Fairy Tail, MHA, and Hunter X Hunter kinda guy, myself. I respect One Piece but I just..can't get into it. Which is a shame cuz it clicks almost all the usual check boxes for stuff that I'm into.
    Fairy Tail was my ****! And MHA is my current ****! I'm watching Hayiyu right now and this other anime called Stars Align. The latter was not what the **** I expected at all went in their thinking this would be a cute little team building brother hood type anime and then their was so much parental abuse and heavy topics it's good as **** and the soundtrack is fire.

If you find carbon copy yet somehow even more beta male version of Clark interesting hats off too you, I find that bland and uninspired.
    Well, he is at least far more interesting that doe-eyed super-powered perfect kid, that's for sure...

Well, he is at least far more interesting that doe-eyed super-powered perfect kid, that's for sure...
    He was hardly perfect, and major difference kid Jon had time to grow and we could see him become something great, which was then striped away and we were given Teen Jon who we now know grows up to become Clark Kent thus taking away anything he had going for him and making the effort of continuing his journey a mute point if that's the end result.

Fairy tail just got repetative for me.I got annoyed with natsu winning all the time and heck!i got pissed when he beat laxus.I liked laxus,more.i don't care for deku in my hero.I wish allmight was the protagonist.i like bakugo.Heck!The promised neverland or doctor stone is narratively different and atleast trying.But overall,from thematic and philosophical stand point these wouldn't make it to my top 10.Hxh does, cause it brilliant.Keep in mind i have watched a lot old school stuff like fist of northstar,inuyasha,rurouni kenshin,cowboy bebop,..etc or stuff like jojo,monster,vinland saga.But,one piece is just cool.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2021 at 01:18 PM.

He was hardly perfect, and major difference kid Jon had time to grow and we could see him become something great, which was then striped away and we were given Teen Jon who we now know grows up to become Clark Kent thus taking away anything he had going for him and making the effort of continuing his journey a mute point if that's the end result.
    Well, FS SM/WW certainly isn't great as a future for Jon, I'll give you that. But Superman of Metropolis was rgeat and exactly the kind of bravado Jon needs. But considering how Superman those days is at the vert best a small-c conservative, I'm sadly not too surprised to see DC making the same out of his adult son. Even then, he's far more interesting than he was as a kid because I had absolutely zero interest in seeing his "growth" if his appearances in Superman and Supersons were an indication of it.

Well, FS SM/WW certainly isn't great as a future for Jon, I'll give you that. But Superman of Metropolis was rgeat and exactly the kind of bravado Jon needs. But considering how Superman those days is at the vert best a small-c conservative, I'm sadly not too surprised to see DC making the same out of his adult son. Even then, he's far more interesting than he was as a kid because I had absolutely zero interest in seeing his "growth" if his appearances in Superman and Supersons were an indication of it.
    Agree to disagree

I agree with pretty much all of this. It's a cute sentiment, I guess but I never felt like a Kryptonian name was something he really...needs. I don't wanna say it'd be pointless but....It kinda feels that way.

Honestly it felt unnecessary with Conner too.
    It was absolutely necessary with Conner as he didn't actually HAVE a name at the time. He was only Superboy or "The Kid". Superman named him Kon-El, which was altered to Conner when he moved in with Ma and Pa Kent and started using a secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I literally didn't understand anything you said there. Could you clarify the highlighted sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I literally didn't understand anything you said there. Could you clarify the highlighted sentence?
    For him, "classic/byrne/donner" superman is a Conservative. That's not a good thing for him either. So, he says in the ww/superman future state issue jon is less of a Conservative. So he enjoyed it.

My understanding/take, byrne did want clark to be a Conservative. But, overall he just sucked at writing politics. He didn't raise much of Conservative view points and tried to put forward the validity of the stances taken. That's just my opinion. But, after byrne left and more precrisis stuff was added in. There where shifts in Clark's story.