Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1363

Another weird thing is and I saw this with Tim aswell people seem to think Damien will have a problem with them liking boys is that like a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Twitter goes nuts in both support and against bisexual Jon.

Me: So ... DamiJon was already dead. This is just mutilating the what's left of the corpse and shooting the remains out of a cannon.
    That one was already dead. For even longer than the chances of the real Jon coming back. Everyone who's written them has firmly established their relationship as being like brothers. And that's honestly how it should stay between those two. Taylor even outright said today that there is zero chance of anything romantic between those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Surrogates exist my guy.
    Absolutely
    And that’s not taking into account Kryptonian tech that could create a bio child for Jon and Damien and/or Tim and Kon (or even Tim and Jon) and have it gestate in a gestational chamber.
    Kon is the bio child of Clark and Lex after all.
    It’s amazing how many people I’m seeing on social media think Jon has to be straight since he had descendants a thousand years from now.

Another weird thing is and I saw this with Tim aswell people seem to think Damien will have a problem with them liking boys is that like a thing?
    I’ve seen people say it, but I don’t buy it.
    Damien will likely make fun of Tim or Jon’s taste in men but he’s not homophobic.

Yeah that's just people going overboard with the fact that Damian's the "jerk Robin". Realistically, I doubt he'd really care either way. Not even enough to jokingly make fun of them.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He has grandkids that I think were kinda/sorta implied to be Damian's as well (so I guess even if DamiJon doesn't happen, their children hook up). But given how often DC likes to destroy everything Tomasi and Gleason create, I wouldn't be surprised if that's forgotten about.

And two of the Superpeople in House of El were confirmed to be his direct descendants. And that has a much higher chance of confirming some kind of endgame than Super Sons does. So yeah, at some point Jon is destined to have biological children. Of course, that still doesn't mean his endgame is a woman.
    Mon-El (and Mon-El's kids) is also straight up confirmed to be Jon's direct grand descendent in the 31st century.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Surrogates exist my guy.
    I'm going off what was already established dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Happy for his clone I guess. Now he's got his own little Lois Lane to make him being Superman even more redundant.

Hopefully this at least slows down a lot of the DamiJon shipping
    I will admit seeing IGN draw a comparison with Clark and Lois did make me groan. That’s exactly what I don’t want from this or any relationship Jon has. But if Superlad is right then this relationship will be going in a vastly different direction and Taylor says it won’t be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I'll be the first to say that DC was homophobic by waiting until after he was aged up to make him bi. I sincerely doubt this was ever in the cards when the age up was first conceived, but this is just so hollow for me made worse that I'm gay and Jon was one of my favorite characters.
    It was not, you see the IGN article? Taylor all but says this was his idea. Look at what Tomasi and Bendis were doing with him. Jon had a “type”: blonde psychic girls. He was never going to date Damian lol. Still won’t since I don’t see Damian being bi. But look on the bright side: if you get that Super Sons cartoon Jon being bi means it will be something they have to deal with for Jon as a kid now.
    The main complaint is "why change the sexuality of an already established character, make someone new gay that's fine IDC..... But- ect ect blah blah" as if Jon already had some established sexuality because he kissed that basic blonde broad if they don't gone somewhere Saturn Girl already had the lesbian butch haircut TF.
    Him being bi means he likes both so it’s not like anything is changing anyway. He still liked Kathy and Irma but now he knows he likes dudes too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Tomasi did show older Jon with Kathy in some kind of vision in that one SuperSons arc fro the first run. Bear in mind my memory is a little foggy.
    Kathy was 100% meant to be his OTL under Tomasi which I was not happy about. I still want Jon to be the Superman who dates around. The bisexual disaster lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Mon-El (and Mon-El's kids) is also straight up confirmed to be Jon's direct grand descendent in the 31st century.
    That and the CW are why I’m sure they settled on bi rather than gay. They set up Jon being interested in women, unless they wanted to invalidate everything that came before, bi or pan were pretty much the only options.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Didn’t Jon have relationship with Saturn Girl?
    And he had a somewhat puppy love with Kathy,
    I mean I’m not against it,
    It just felt rushed.

Credit where credit is due, did not think they'd have the balls to do this.

Still want Kid!Jon back.

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    It just felt rushed.
    I mean...none of those things really contradicts him liking guys. It's not rushed in the same way they rushed it with Tim by having him break up with his most consistent love interest off screen and having his first actions after that be hooking up with some rando who hasn't been seen since the 90s. But, much like the callbacks to younger Jon, it still just feels like a band-aid on the gaping wound and hot mess that is his character.

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    It just felt rushed.
    Yep and he still had valid feelings for them. He’s bi so he’s romantically interested in men and women. Nothing has been invalidated he’s just discovered he likes dudes too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That and the CW are why I’m sure they settled on bi rather than gay. They set up Jon being interested in women, unless they wanted to invalidate everything that came before, bi or pan were pretty much the only options.
    Pretty much. With no offence intended to anyone who is bi, it's hedging their bets.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Credit where credit is due, did not think they'd have the balls to do this.

Still want Kid!Jon back.
    yeah, it was a bold move from DC

but somehow I think it was a logical step regarding DC's recent attempts with Yara, Jace, etc. to diversify their line-up of characters from their major franchises (Bat-family, Super-family, Aquaman, Green Lanterns, the Flash)
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Uh, still not interested in Teen Jon nor in buying the Superman ongoing anymore. I feel his sexuality is a gimmick (the last of several to set Jon apart from his dad in recent years) to draw eyeballs and, frankly, a tired one at this point. I'm a good storytelling over cheap gimmicks kind of person. I'll see where this goes but as of now hard pass. *yawn*
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-11-2021 at 10:20 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."