Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1363
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    If you had a soundtrack/playlist inspired by Jon Kent, what songs would be there?
    A bunch of songs by the Killers and Anime Openings.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Cha La Head Cha La (the Flow version from Battle of Gods)

And here's a page with the lyrics. For KID Jon.

https://www.daizex.com/multimedia/ly...ad_cha_la.html

The cousins and the....brothers? Uncle/Nephew? Who fucking knows? Either way it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    A bunch of songs by the Killers and Anime Openings.
    Oh hell yeah. There's no doubt in my mind the kid's got a whole playlist of shounen openings and insert songs XD

Naruto, MHA, Fairy Tail, and Dragonball especially. Though...I dunno, he might be a One Piece kid too.

EDIT:

Oh. Found another good playlist song today

Pretty good motivational song for him after the the whole Super Sons of Tomorrow arc
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-10-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

This was really sweet
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wow, the gang's all here! Except, y'know, the Flash and Green Lantern.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Wow, the gang's all here! Except, y'know, the Flash and Green Lantern.
    Kid flash? don't need him this poster has alot of diversity.
    Kid Lantern isnt as well known

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Kid flash? don't need him this poster has alot of diversity.
    Kid Lantern isnt as well known
    No, I mean the ones from Future State. Y'know, Bart Allen and Guy Gardner.

Taylor’s talking with Anderson Cooper today about Jon

Crazy how much this has blown up in the news.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Taylor’s talking with Anderson Cooper today about Jon

Crazy how much this has blown up in the news.
    I swear it's only because DC is pushing so hard that Jon is Superman. Age up and wasted potential aside, Jon being Superman just doesn't sit well with me and I just can't quite explain it. Maybe it's because I used to like Taylor but now I'm finding out just how shallow his writing actually is and if any other writer was doing what Taylor is doing, they'd bring something I'd be OK with it that Taylor just isn't, but I don't think so.

All of this just feels...so unearned and gimmicky that I feel like I'm perpetually checking my watch waiting to see when things will return to the status quo.

Washington Post Interview with Taylor about Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I swear it's only because DC is pushing so hard that Jon is Superman. Age up and wasted potential aside, Jon being Superman just doesn't sit well with me and I just can't quite explain it. Maybe it's because I used to like Taylor but now I'm finding out just how shallow his writing actually is and if any other writer was doing what Taylor is doing, they'd bring something I'd be OK with it that Taylor just isn't, but I don't think so.

All of this just feels...so unearned and gimmicky that I feel like I'm perpetually checking my watch waiting to see when things will return to the status quo.
    Well yeah, nobody would care about Miles if he wasn’t Spider-Man either. Seeing yourself represented in these big roles/icons is why anyone cares about these legacy characters.

Washington Post Interview with Taylor about Jon

Well yeah, nobody would care about Miles if he wasn’t Spider-Man either. Seeing yourself represented in these big roles/icons is why anyone cares about these legacy characters.
    To me, Miles was always supposed to be Spider-Man. Jon, on the other hand, has always been and always will be Jon Kent. Calling Jon Superman feels like calling Dick Grayson Batman. They can take on their father figure's mantle, sure, but they will never actually be the Superman and Batman, so don't call them that.

I'd feel infinitely more represented if Jon was bi and a kid, especially when I was bi and a kid, and Jon being Superman actively takes away from that representation. The headline should be "Jon Kent is bisexual" but the headline has consistently been "Superman is bisexual" and like I said, Jon is not Superman to me.

Jon is already cemented in Superman's legacy. Being the son of Superman and Lois Lane is a high-profile enough position, to me at least, it's functionally a mantle on the level of Superman itself so making him bisexual without aging him up and making him Superman would've had the exact same effect as creating Miles.

EDIT: I think a more effective headline would've been "Superman has a bisexual son."
    Last edited by garazza; 11-16-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Nobody would care about “Jon Kent” being bisexual. Obviously you would but the general public wouldn’t care about “Superboy is bi, no the other Superboy”. The excitement is totally that it’s “Superman” who is bi (after all if it was just seeing queer men in a book that got people buying or interested, Action would be outselling SSOKE since that has more queer people in it than SSOKE does).

All that said, the pitch with Jon from Day 1 per Jurgens is that he’s “the future”. He was always going to be Superman. Feel free to hate on Taylor though, I certainly can’t disagree with any complaints about him