Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1363
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    https://static01.nyt.com/images/2009...isable=upscale

That's from Ponyo (weird story, even for Ghibli), but you can see why I thought it looked similar.
    Maybe the monkey..But,ghible kids have cheeks and more rounded approach.There isn't much sharp edges even in even older people.Anyways,it's possible to mistake it i guess.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

I think this ain't jon..but,it sure looks like him
    I think he looks more like Chris

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think he looks more like Chris
    I don't remember the character much. From what i remember he looks like kid version of 70s superman. Long wavy hairstyle that's never disheveled.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...191939/photo/1

Pro tip: Keep your pencils sharp at all times.

Jon might have...uh...made a mistake XD

https://twitter.com/ruby8311141/stat...55681330741248

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...09303477116938

Super Sons Special is a ��. Sending in my last page today. Woot!

Amazing Member

I never understand why they draw Damian as an child 8 year old if he's already 14 years old..

He looks a little young but, if my nephew is any indicator, he could still pass for someone who's just turning 14 (which...yeah, according to his book, it was a very recent birthday). I actually like that he's kind of a runt. Him being smaller than the rest of the Batfam is actually something I'd have stick even when he's an adult. Makes for a more agile fighter lol

T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶.̶

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    I never understand why they draw Damian as an child 8 year old if he's already 14 years old..
    Yes, how dare a kid look like a kid. ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶.̶

I actually have an incredible dislike for Damian being 14 (and I had just as much of a problem with Damian being 13 at the start of Rebirth). Publishers should never state the exact of age of a character because it cements that character at a particular point in time and forces a set of unreasonable expectations on how that character should be depicted thus disallowing flexibility in the interpretation of said character.

It's one thing to say Damian is 14 and another to say he's a "teen." 14 sets the expectation for him to look 14 at all times, but what exactly does 14 even look like? Instead, simply saying he's a teen and leaving it at that actually allows for some consistency in his artistic depictions because there's at least some consensus among artists about what a teen looks like, but not what 14 looks like.

It's why I ignore "canon" ages and instead focus on what point in their life they are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He looks a little young but, if my nephew is any indicator, he could still pass for someone who's just turning 14 (which...yeah, according to his book, it was a very recent birthday). I actually like that he's kind of a runt. Him being smaller than the rest of the Batfam is actually something I'd have stick even when he's an adult. Makes for a more agile fighter lol

T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶.̶
    As Blue said, Damian is chronically on the small side and that's been one of his most consistent traits. Whether he's 10 or 14, he would, or at least should, not look like his age.
    Last edited by garazza; 12-08-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Yes, how dare a kid look like a kid. ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶J̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶.̶

I actually have an incredible dislike for Damian being 14 (and I had just as much of a problem with Damian being 13 at the start of Rebirth). Publishers should never state the exact of age of a character because it cements that character at a particular point in time and forces a set of unreasonable expectations on how that character should be depicted thus disallowing flexibility in the interpretation of said character.

It's one thing to say Damian is 14 and another to say he's a "teen." 14 sets the expectation for him to look 14 at all times, but what exactly does 14 even look like? Instead, simply saying he's a teen and leaving it at that actually allows for some consistency in his artistic depictions because there's at least some consensus among artists about what a teen looks like, but not what 14 looks like.

It's why I ignore "canon" ages and instead focus on what point in their life they are at.

As Blue said, Damian is chronically on the small side and that's been one of his most consistent traits. Whether he's 10 or 14, he would, or at least should, not look like his age.
    I think there should be a difference in draw a 7 or 8 year old characters compared to 14 or 15 year old characters and about the age of the character: It don't bother me if they don't Announce but if they do then the drawing should match the age
    Last edited by Betinayen; 12-08-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    I think there should be a difference in draw a 7 or 8 year old characters compared to 14 or 15 year old characters and about the age of the character: It don't bother me if they don't Announce but if they do then the drawing should match the age
    What does a 14 year old look like though?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm still amazed that we never got this. And I'm pissed that we probably never will

https://twitter.com/thinksupersons/s...905475/photo/1