Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1363

Same thing I posted in the Tim Thread

DC fails to understand that making Adult Jon Bi much like it does with Tim doesn't make him more compelling/interesting giving them both bland taste in men isn't helping that either. At this point feels like their just latching on too it for clout.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Same thing I posted in the Tim Thread

DC fails to understand that making Adult Jon Bi much like it does with Tim doesn't make him more compelling/interesting giving them both bland taste in men isn't helping that either. At this point feels like their just latching on too it for clout.
    And as I said in the other thread it wont matter, although I think we should give it some time At least Jon has book to moove forward in. Tim will be all over the place due to being regulated as reoccurring and guest spots

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jon and Jay's Adventure .. I think they want to try and replicate the Damian and Jon dynamic that went really well here with Jay, I say this because Taylor loves to cling to something that worked And we know that Jon and Damian's adventures worked really well, and they're two male characters and a many people ship them ... I could be wrong but for now that's what I think
    Last edited by Betinayen; 12-14-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Yes, please shove all the queer characters into one book simply because they're queer instead of giving them individualized stories and actually develop them further so a certain writer can get to say "Look at what a Good Ally I am! Praise me!" /s

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Not even going to lie, this is very tacky. And also more condescending than I think either DC or Taylor seem to understand.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

I don't see a problem with this Taylor has been writing Tim in Nightwing, I don't see what's the problem with him using Tim in another book that he is writing. Batman and Superman characters have always crossed over.

If Taylor was writing a book with two straight male characters with no connections and he had them crossover no one would blink an eye.

I rather hold off any criticism of this move to see what purpose Tim plays in the story to debate whether his inclusion in the story is natural or not.

That said the bleedingcool headline was indeed tacky.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Taking it at face value, no, I don't see a problem either. It's just when you add in the fact that Jackson will also be showing up very shortly after or before, and Wink and Aerie (two gay characters Taylor made for his SS run) just showed up too that it starts to look like he's trying to speedrun LGBTQ representation in this book.

It just makes it feel a bit hollow. And in general this book is spending far too much time on guests, and not really filling out Jon's supporting cast outside of *just* Jay and maybe his mom. I don't know what Jon's Superman is about outside of the nebulous idea that he wants to be a bit more proactive. Doesn't help that his big foe so far is a hairless smart guy. Jon can kiss whoever he wants, and the people around him can do the same, but I'm gonna need this book to start being about something tangible very soon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Taking it at face value, no, I don't see a problem either. It's just when you add in the fact that Jackson will also be showing up very shortly after or before, and Wink and Aerie (two gay characters Taylor made for his SS run) just showed up too that it starts to look like he's trying to speedrun LGBTQ representation in this book.

It just makes it feel a bit hollow. And in general this book is spending far too much time on guests, and not really filling out Jon's supporting cast outside of *just* Jay and maybe his mom. I don't know what Jon's Superman is about outside of the nebulous idea that he wants to be a bit more proactive. Doesn't help that his big foe so far is a hairless smart guy. Jon can kiss whoever he wants, and the people around him can do the same, but I'm gonna need this book to start being about something tangible very soon.
    You've put into words what I think..thanks for that, if it goes on as it is I don't know if I'll continue with the book because it's not working for me

I never liked it when certain characters only appear in other books simply because they're both written by the same writer. Like, why did it take for Tom Taylor to be writing both Nightwing and Superman for Clark to show up and have a conversation with Dick? At the absolute most, most characters would show up for a quick cameo or character moment and have no actual bearing on the plot and any confusion can be easily explained as each other's stories are simply taking place at different times when one of them isn't predisposed. Like, Taylor didn't need to be writing Nightwing for Tim to show up in SSoK and yet the only reason he is appearing is because Taylor is writing both characters in some capacity or another.
    Last edited by garazza; 12-14-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I never liked it when certain characters only appear in other books simply because they're both written by the same writer. Like, why did it take for Tom Taylor to be writing both Nightwing and Superman for Clark to show up and have a conversation with Dick? At the absolute most, most characters would show up for a quick cameo or character moment and have no actual bearing on the plot and any confusion can be easily explained as each other's stories are simply taking place at different times when one of them isn't predisposed. Like, Taylor didn't need to be writing Nightwing for Tim to show up in SSoK and yet the only reason he is appearing is because Taylor is writing both characters in some capacity or another.
    Editorial offices don’t like sharing their characters with other editorial offices.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Editorial offices don’t like sharing their characters with other editorial offices.
    And here I thought comics was a collaborative medium. But then again, it took a literal pandemic for writers to actually talk to each other about their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

it is so bad

Extraordinary Member

Jon getting his own show. I hope it’s better then the legion comic

Bendis’ Legion of Superheroes is getting adapted as an HBO Max show

Goddamn I didn’t expect this lol. It’s specifically an adaption of Bendis Legion too, so we’ll be getting Teen Jon it seems. Cool!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Cool!i just hope bendis ain't writing the dialogues.And jon feels like the kid that runs around upbeat and energetic.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"