Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Anyone read the Armageddon 2001 issue?
    Yes, I did. This was the first real development for Maxima as a character and give her a better perspective and deep. Also, I think it was the first job of Louse Simonson as a Superman writer. I really liked her work on Superman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why do you think DC would ever allow Maxima jr to be Clark’s kid?

They won’t do it. They’d sooner bring back the Clark Ross, Sam Lane and Lena Luthor babies.
    Chris Kent returned. Kinda.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why do you think DC would ever allow Maxima jr to be Clark’s kid?

They won’t do it. They’d sooner bring back the Clark Ross, Sam Lane and Lena Luthor babies.
    Some people really want Clark to have slept around or something before Lois. I don't know. I think it's a dead-end. At best, Clark is saddled with a child in the present he has to make time for when they can't even handle the one he already has. At worst, we double down on Clark being a shitty father and making the public think he's a complete loser/******* who is stupid enough to sleep with a woman who is demanding to have his child at all costs and somehow think that when she disappears that everything was fine and his boys didn't swim I guess.

But hey, he totally had sex with Maxima bros!!!!!! I don't get it. I just don't see any upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes, I did. This was the first real development for Maxima as a character and give her a better perspective and deep. Also, I think it was the first job of Louse Simonson as a Superman writer. I really liked her work on Superman.
    Yeah it was nice that somewhere Maxima actually has a happy ending with Clark.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wow, 6 pages in 5 days? It took the old thread a year to get this long!

Still need more pics, tho...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wow, 6 pages in 5 days? It took the old thread a year to get this long!

Still need more pics, tho...
    I would post some scans from Armageddon 2001 ...if I knew how too lol. I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I would post some scans from Armageddon 2001 ...if I knew how too lol. I forgot
    Allow me to assist...

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    If you say so. I'm a little hazy on 1980s post-COIE Superman. Batman still had at least 6 years of experience under his belt (given Dick's age), and Wonder Woman was turned into a rookie, but I don't know how long Superman had been on the scene, exactly. Especially since all the COIE norms weren't really established with COIE, some coming a bit later.
    I don't remember exactly how long Clark had been Superman when Maxima debuted either. But that's one of those things you'd probably have to tweak and adjust; not only is there the usual timescale problems with the comic format but Jon getting retroactively shoved into things forces some changes too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't remember exactly how long Clark had been Superman when Maxima debuted either. But that's one of those things you'd probably have to tweak and adjust; not only is there the usual timescale problems with the comic format but Jon getting retroactively shoved into things forces some changes too.
    Clark has porbably been Superman for like 17 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Some people really want Clark to have slept around or something before Lois. I don't know. I think it's a dead-end. At best, Clark is saddled with a child in the present he has to make time for when they can't even handle the one he already has. At worst, we double down on Clark being a shitty father and making the public think he's a complete loser/******* who is stupid enough to sleep with a woman who is demanding to have his child at all costs and somehow think that when she disappears that everything was fine and his boys didn't swim I guess.

But hey, he totally had sex with Maxima bros!!!!!! I don't get it. I just don't see any upside.
    I suppose is also a change in the general culture and how relationships are more liberal in these days. However, someone like Clark would not be sleeping with anyone around. Unless he was under mental control or with amnesia. (cofbardaAmazingGrace).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I suppose is also a change in the general culture and how relationships are more liberal in these days. However, someone like Clark would not be sleeping with anyone around. Unless he was under mental control or with amnesia. (cofbardaAmazingGrace).
    Or Big Barda (Sleez)

Allow me to assist...

I read this issue and it amazing how diverse Almerac really is.

Recent commission by Tom Grummett -

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

We will never get a Warworld Superman movie will.we?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Recent commission by Tom Grummett -

When you're going for a swim calendar photoshoot in the world's worst parachute.

I joke, but it's cool. I like that a lot of Clark's costume is equally impractical. Let none say Grummett didn't give with both hands.