Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And sooo eXXXtreme, Rob Liefeld was proud.
    Extreme to the max, man.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

And sooo eXXXtreme, Rob Liefeld was proud.
    And jealous because it's much better than anything he's drawn, warts and all. Look at those noodle arms. lol

I really do not like that costume. It could almost work if it was a full leotard instead of a crop top breastplate and thong. It'd still be very 90s but I could live with it.

I love how the thread is turning into a "lolz, 90's!" conversation.

You know...I always thought that Maxima was overlooking a couple really obvious potential mates; J'onn and Lobo.

J'onn I can understand; he's a shapeshifter and whether he could reproduce with a humanoid is something I don't think anyone ever considered until Snyder's recent JL run.

But Lobo? If Maxima can reproduce with a Kryptonian then Lobo doesn't feel out of bounds, especially given Almerac is known for genetic engineering. And that healing factor would be a massive benefit for a child who'd likely see assassination attempts by rival Houses before leaving the craddle.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I love how the thread is turning into a "lolz, 90's!" conversation.

You know...I always thought that Maxima was overlooking a couple really obvious potential mates; J'onn and Lobo.

J'onn I can understand; he's a shapeshifter and whether he could reproduce with a humanoid is something I don't think anyone ever considered until Snyder's recent JL run.

But Lobo? If Maxima can reproduce with a Kryptonian then Lobo doesn't feel out of bounds, especially given Almerac is known for genetic engineering. And that healing factor would be a massive benefit for a child who'd likely see assassination attempts by rival Houses before leaving the craddle.
    For what it's worth, she did crush on Lobo in STAS.

I think it's also that Clark usually beats those two and Max believes she deserves only the best, so they're her admitting she's slumming it. Her ego would allow nothing less than the top, regardless if her perception matches reality.

I think Maxima would be the kind of person who likes to have her own harem, have children of different fathers and then put them on a gladiatorial competition to death to see whih one is better suit for be her successor.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think Maxima would be the kind of person who likes to have her own harem, have children of different fathers and then put them on a gladiatorial competition to death to see whih one is better suit for be her successor.
    I think maxima would know that Lobo wouldn't stop at anything to kill his spawn. He is very proud of being the Last Czarnian after all. And it would threaten Almerac.

But then again, we don't know who Crush's mother is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think maxima would know that Lobo wouldn't stop at anything to kill his spawn. He is very proud of being the Last Czarnian after all. And it would threaten Almerac.

I thought Lobo wouldn’t care about his half Czarnian offspring. It’s pure Czarnians he doesn’t want because he’s the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

My money is Crush's mother is also Lobo and he's embarrassed about it.

Anyone ever read the Wheel of Time? The Seanchan empire is sort of how I imagine Almerac handles it's ruling class. You might find yourself in a gladiator's ring for a few certain indiscretions (or if your scheme fails), but mostly it's quiet power plays and assassinations where Maxima wouldn't involve herself directly and would just let the kids maneuver each other around. It's not enough to be a badass when you're Almeraci royalty, you have to be politically subtle and clever and ruthless too, or else your brother will poison you or your sister arrange for you to be cast out and sold into slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think it's also that Clark usually beats those two and Max believes she deserves only the best, so they're her admitting she's slumming it. Her ego would allow nothing less than the top, regardless if her perception matches reality.
    That's a good point. Still, returning empty handed must have been galling for her, and there were other viable mates in Sector 2814. She could've returned with Lobo or J'onn or whoever, and saved some of her pride by saying that up close the Kryptonian didn't seem all that impressive.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Anyone ever read the Wheel of Time? The Seanchan empire is sort of how I imagine Almerac handles it's ruling class. You might find yourself in a gladiator's ring for a few certain indiscretions (or if your scheme fails), but mostly it's quiet power plays and assassinations where Maxima wouldn't involve herself directly and would just let the kids maneuver each other around. It's not enough to be a badass when you're Almeraci royalty, you have to be politically subtle and clever and ruthless too, or else your brother will poison you or your sister arrange for you to be cast out and sold into slavery.

That's a good point. Still, returning empty handed must have been galling for her, and there were other viable mates in Sector 2814. She could've returned with Lobo or J'onn or whoever, and saved some of her pride by saying that up close the Kryptonian didn't seem all that impressive.
    The thing is, I think she'd know she was settling and that's why she can't go back with someone else. I feel she'd be teaming up with Clark to be there with a front row seat when he fails so she can use that as her justification for why he's not acceptable as a mate and then leaving for parts unknown. Hell, I think Doomsday would be her "get out of this with my pride intact" card so long as he didn't wipe the floor with her too. J'onn wouldn't fall for her because he'd see what Almerac's plans for their child would be. Lobo is the most likely candidate in that respect, and I can see her thinking of him as a concubine of sorts, but I don't think she'd really take interest in much else other than his self-replicating DNA for the royal family's gene pool.

Zod is the one I'd see her going for and I outlined my thoughts on why he'd accept her proposal. Hell, she'd probably free him from the Phantom Zone for the price of his seed. They both get what they want and she returns to Almerac with a half-Kryptonian child. News of what Superman's done in the universe would already make their galactic threat rise when that level of power is added to their gene pool, even as just a child; Almerac's expanse would grow significantly and without bloodshed for fear of setting off Maxima's child. For all his impossibly durable qualities, Lobo's mostly the bounty hunter that killed his race. He's stagnant after that. Clark builds up Kryptonian street cred (as it were) with every tyrant he deposes. There's no way Max wouldn't sidestep Clark to Zod in order to use all that free press (as it were) to bolster her empire's galactic position.

It's like getting the first nukes in a game of Civ. Suddenly everyone on the board sues for peace and goes for the culture or science win.

Ascended is right about the Clois fandom freaking out. I saw numerous people upset that Clark had sex with people other than Lois and fathered children with them in the upcoming PKJ House of El, even though all that happens after Lois dies. For me personally, if the current mindset is that Clark is human at heart, then yeah he’s going to have sexual relationships with people after Lois. Why? Because he’s still going to have the relative youthfulness that his powers grant him. If he’s still got the body of a 30 year old he’s still going to be horny, as much as people don’t want to think about that . So I’m fine with it, as long as it’s made clear that Lois is his greatest love.

For Maxima herself I’d change some of the background and motivation. For starters I’d ditch the eugenics aspect, too creepy for Clark to ever consent to that imo, and I’d prefer he didn’t get roofied like Bruce did by Talia. Instead I’d have Maxima be the deposed princess of Alerac who lost her parents and her empire at Mongul’s hands, and is seeking to use Superman to reclaim her throne. At first she has zero genuine interest in him, but over time as the two work together to unseat Mongul, who rules the empire from Warworld, a genuine romance blossoms between the two. Clark is attracted by Maxima’s complete lack of self-doubt, she knows what she wants and when she sets her mind on something she doesn’t let anything get in her way (remind you of anyone?). She’s brave, dedicated, and doesn’t settle for anything less than the best from herself or anyone else. Also Maxima is hot so that plays a role too . Maxima becomes attracted to Clark because unlike all the suitors she’s had to meet, Clark genuinely isn’t interested in her throne for himself, respects her as an equal rather than viewing her as a prize, and confronts threats head on just like her. They’re both also stubborn, hot headed, and when tempers flare, watch out.

Ultimately they would unseat Mongul and restore Maxima, who would offer Clark the position of consort which he’d turn down. He wouldn’t be ready to abandon his ties to Earth, would be critical of some of the ways Almerac operated (a source of argument between Maxima and Clark), and worried that this post would hamper his ability to be a hero.

Maxima would be pissed at his refusal and would kick him out, declaring him persona non grata in the short term. She also would conceal her pregnancy both out of anger at his refusal, and also worry that his “softness” would potentially infect their daughter and leave a weak heir to the throne (weak in this case referring to lacking the ruthless political instincts Maxima believes are required to rule Almerac). Occasionally Clark would tussle with Almerac forces later on because of this, and maybe even Maxima herself would be testing him for the secret purpose of ensuring he doesn’t go soft so he can survive long enough to meet their kid. When the kid is about 12 or 13 she would finally decide it’s time for her to meet Clark and would time it on Clark and Lois’ anniversary for maximum shock and embarrassment to Clark, wanting him to pass on his skills now that she judges her daughter and heir suitably indoctrinated enough to ignore Clark’s soft hearted ideas like “don’t crush people under your boot if they disagree with you”.

So that’s how I’d establish their background and relationship in the present day. As a thanks for reading all that, here’s some horny fan art:
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-31-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ascended is right about the Clois fandom freaking out. I saw numerous people upset that Clark had sex with people other than Lois and fathered children with them in the upcoming PKJ House of El, even though all that happens after Lois dies. For me personally, if the current mindset is that Clark is human at heart, then yeah he’s going to have sexual relationships with people after Lois. Why? Because he’s still going to have the relative youthfulness that his powers grant him. If he’s still got the body of a 30 year old he’s still going to be horny, as much as people don’t want to think about that . So I’m fine with it, as long as it’s made clear that Lois is his greatest love.

For Maxima herself I’d change some of the background and motivation. For starters I’d ditch the eugenics aspect, too creepy for Clark to ever consent to that imo, and I’d prefer he didn’t get roofied like Bruce did by Talia. Instead I’d have Maxima be the deposed princess of Alerac who lost her parents and her empire at Mongul’s hands, and is seeking to use Superman to reclaim her throne. At first she has zero genuine interest in him, but over time as the two work together to unseat Mongul, who rules the empire from Warworld, a genuine romance blossoms between the two. Clark is attracted by Maxima’s complete lack of self-doubt, she knows what she wants and when she sets her mind on something she doesn’t let anything get in her way (remind you of anyone?). She’s brave, dedicated, and doesn’t settle for anything less than the best from herself or anyone else. Also Maxima is hot so that plays a role too . Maxima becomes attracted to Clark because unlike all the suitors she’s had to meet, Clark genuinely isn’t interested since her throne for himself, respects her as an equal rather than viewing her as a prize, and confronts threats head on just like her. They’d enough also stubborn, hot headed, and when tempers flare, watch out.

Ultimately they would unseat Mongul and restore Maxima, who would offer Clark the position of consort which he’d turn down. He wouldn’t be ready to abandon his ties to Earth, would be critical of some of the ways Almerac operated (a source of argument between Maxima and Clark), and worried that this post would hamper his ability to be a hero.

Maxima would be pissed at his refusal and would kick him out, declaring him persona non grata in the short term. She also would conceal her pregnancy both out of anger at his refusal, and also worry that his “softness” would potentially infect their daughter and leave a weak heir to the throne. Occasionally Clark would tussle with Almerac forces later on because of this, and maybe even Maxima herself would be testing him for the secret purpose of ensuring he doesn’t go soft so he can survive long enough to meet their kid. When the kid is about 12 or 13 she would finally decide it’s time for her to meet Clark and would time it on Clark and Lois’ anniversary for maximum shock and embarrassment to Clark, wanting him to pass on his skills now that she judges her daughter and heir suitably indoctrinated enough to ignore Clark’s soft hearted ideas like “don’t crush people under your boot if they disagree with you”.

So that’s how I’d establish their background and relationship in the present day. As a thanks for reading all that, here’s some horny fan art:
    I have to respect a man who ends his pitch with "anyway here's some horny fan art." LOL

You make some good points, but for what it's worth, his relationship with Lois is so all-consuming that to say "oh yeah he moved on and had like twelve wives after that" just feels really tonally off for Clark. In any case, I think Max would never take him after he spurned her once just because his wife has passed on. She'd never allow herself to be his second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I have to respect a man who ends his pitch with "anyway here's some horny fan art." LOL

You make some good points, but for what it's worth, his relationship with Lois is so all-consuming that to say "oh yeah he moved on and had like twelve wives after that" just feels really tonally off for Clark. In any case, I think Max would never take him after he spurned her once just because his wife has passed on. She'd never allow herself to be his second choice.
    Totally respect that for some people, it only makes sense for Clark to ever want Lois. Can only speak for myself that as long as it’s clear she’s his greatest love, I’m fine with him eventually having other relationships, just like I don’t mind both Lois & Clark dating other people before the two exchange vows.

I wish that instead of WW, writers used Maxima instead because she’s literally the kind of character they write WW as anyway. Princess of another realm, kill-happy, aroused by his powers while annoyed by his morals, tempts him with the idea of becoming a ruler, etc. Just use her instead of messing with Wondy.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Loved that Man of Steel card set!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Loved that Man of Steel card set!
    I’m pissed I couldn’t find a larger version, because that is a gorgeous piece.