Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New portraits:

"So part of our wedding newspaper is here 😁. Maybe they inspire someone 😁. wedding2021 #couplegoals"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTKRp6Cs3vu/

"Another Superman-Wonder Woman Custom portrait, for a wedding 💍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQrynoWst6Q/

"#superman #wonderwoman #customportrait"

https://www.instagram.com/p/COOKkqAHW3q/

"Sometimes I get some rather unique requests Lol"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJF4YPhwMQ/

"Artwork made for @analuisa_tessaro. It was a really cool job 🦸"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPq0hphJFNt/

"Another Superman/Wonder Woman custom comic cover for an anniversary. 😊🥳"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COFfZlXhqBh/

"Surprise her with a personalized portrait 😍 choose the style you like the most 🙂"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNo0fVsF6tz/

"New custom Superman-Wonder Woman portrait for a couple in Germany (and their cat 😊 ), on their anniversary."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIwQP5hx1-/

"One of the Valentine's orders this year 💖"

https://www.instagram.com/p/COKdX-LnrpA/

"🎉 Happy anniversary to Sooraj and Aparna! 🥳 This is the custom comic cover commissioned by Sooraj, as a surprise gift."
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPTYQqChRzf/

"Little family portrait, as a gift (late) for my dear and tender ❤️ #couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSZZh5rKtob/

"Anniversary commission of Superman and Wonder Woman 🥂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTA5sWHsK21/

"She has already earned the title: she is Wonder Woman! She is here all honored with her son Enzo."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_IOKTNX7e/

"New commission: a gift from wife to husband on his birthday 🥳 🎂 🎉"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COBFexhB22_/

"Mothers are the real wonder women"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPlwOrs5-n/

"Raysa (@hemodialisenaoeofim ) is in fact Wonder Woman, because she has incredible energy, has faced (and won) several battles, and both have a remarkable beauty, just like the queen of the Amazons, she is a figure that inspires, after all, hemodialysis is not the end. Now as for me, why the choice of the black Superman uniform? The answer is simple, whoever reads the comics knows the moment that this uniform was used, and the connection with the idea of ​​resurrection or better rebirth, and like Superman, I believe that I take hope, face battles (mainly for the sake of kidney cause) is what brings the energy to be a superman, by the way, Kal-El had the support of his fortress of solitude, I have the support of family, friends, and the Phoenix guys, and my weapon secret, the HDF, besides having Wonder Woman by my side. Once again I want to thank the folks at @obarbaviking because this drawing was so awesome. Epic Epic..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUdk9agsWGt/

"Finished commison for Sean of him in his wife in Superman and Wonder woman cosplay. This piece was both challenging and fun to do! Thank you for hiring me to do this!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTabf-MPjLO/

"This is @lane_corretora's family and everyone is a huge fan of Superheroes and animes, so we developed this more than special art, to register the love of this family, which is surreal!! 😍😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTuXht8l8mI/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Some_Guy View Post
    Depends on what you mean by that. I personally love that take, since the whole point to Clark Kent is him getting to relax and have a life. The old reason of it being to find out about crimes first has been irrelevant for years due to his powers getting a major boost and the JL having people like Cyborg to monitor things world wide. It also further shows the dichotomy between him and Bruce, in that Bruce is the mask and Batman is the real persona.
    No. That wasn't the point of Clark Kent, at all. That was the purpose of the mild-mannered reporter facade. If you'd actually read Siegel's original stories (comic strips), he was already Superman before becoming a reporter. Something Byrne got right. If anything Weisinger's Superman that way. Wasn't much difference between the two in the beginning. In *Action Comics* #1, Superman calls himself a reporter. The difference between Byrne and Siegel is that, John Byrne humanzied silver age Superman. Jerry Siegel's Superman was utterly and completely human.

I use Weisinger's Superman and Silver Age Superman interchangbly.

Eeeeh, I don't think we need anymore dichotomy between Bruce and Clark at this point. Especially when "Wonder Woman is willing to kill" is in the mix. ��

Clark Kent doesn't have a life, he's just an overexaggeration of the being normal.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 10-03-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Wow! These DCEU toy photography pics are just so amazing! Seriously, there’s a whole toy movie trilogy from all of these inspired pics.

It hasn’t aged well because in modern day, being different and true to one self, standing out from the norm is actually being celebrated more. He is living a lie and pretending to be something he is not. He is suppose to have balance not choose one over the other to fit in. He was never suppose to fit in. He can have a life without acting like he has to be this conservative “normal” “American” “Caucasian” man.
    Post Crisis status quo for Superman is fueled by a xenophobic, borderline racist narrative
    ... not sure what that has to do with the latter half, nor is it how I envision the whole "clark is the real persona" aspect. "being different" and making your friends targets for possible attacks are two different things. The way I see it is, the only difference between a Clark Kent who has powers and one who doesn't, is the powers. He wants to be a reporter, that's why he stays. Your argument really only hold water, if you wanna say he does away with the CLark Kent SID, entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    No. That wasn't the point of Clark Kent, at all. That was the purpose of the mild-mannered reporter facade. If you'd actually read Siegel's original stories (comic strips), he was already Superman before becoming a reporter. Something Byrne got right. If anything Weisinger's Superman that way. Wasn't much difference between the two in the beginning. In *Action Comics* #1, Superman calls himself a reporter. The difference between Byrne and Siegel is that, John Byrne humanzied silver age Superman. Jerry Siegel's Superman was utterly and completely human.

I use Weisinger's Superman and Silver Age Superman interchangbly.

Eeeeh, I don't think we need anymore dichotomy between Bruce and Clark at this point. Especially when "Wonder Woman is willing to kill" is in the mix. ��

Clark Kent doesn't have a life, he's just an overexaggeration of the being normal.
    I mean, at this point, how many people have read that? Also, things have changed and aspects have been given many different reasons. When I mean that it is the point, I meant from decades of stories that tell it that way. We just had a movie where they say he's a reporter to "be able to find shit out and ask questions". Also, it's weird how you're using references that are older than the story you say is outdated. So I'm not sure what to say about this really

I disagree, but to each their own. I think Clark appreciates having a normal life in a way that Bruce tragically has on some level discarded. From a narrative stand point, it just makes much more sense, than the other way. If not, then there's really be no point to have the Clark Kent façade anymore. His desire for a normal life and love or journalism keep are necessary for the SID to stay relevant.

SuperWonder cornhole boards

“Huge power couple. I really like the way these turned out.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUh6CBuLuuW/

“Happy day for us!! 🤗🤗🤗 Check out these amazing, SUPER cool cornhole boards specially made by @tinaswim22 and her sweet husband. Over and beyond what I was expecting. Tina- thank you so very much for these AND thank you even more for being the sweetest friend. Love you sister!! Now- let’s get this fire pit night planned! 👏🏻👏🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeIWathFxs/

Wonder Woman / Superman / Sketch DC | Anadett Artist ✏️🎨

Eeeeh. John Byrne admitted one of his major reasons for cutting Superman from Krypton was his belief that immigrant children who want to connect with their parents culture are entitled little shits, but I wouldn't go as far to call post-crisis Superman xenophobic or boderline racist.
    So wanting to understand one’s own culture and celebrate it is being entitled?? How?

But rejecting and disrespecting one’s heritage while wearing the \S/ or using the powers is acceptable for the benefit of another literal race. To be accepted by more specifically the part of society that has the ever so problematic history of taking from other cultures for their own benefit and claiming as their own while belittling those they took from.

Diana represented celebrating and honoring cultures. Their relationship is about accepting otherness not to conform to any other way but to accept every true part of a person. To celebrate life. But because she dared to do that wanting Superman to do the same as he should, she and their relationship is labeled as bad or taking away humanity. How is being true and acknowledging the truth bad or taking away humanity? What that actually means is taking away Superman from the accepted norm.

Superman is a used a prop to project these outdated problematic views. Being “human” does not mean living a conservative “normal” passing life.

... not sure what that has to do with the latter half, nor is it how I envision the whole "clark is the real persona" aspect. "being different" and making your friends targets for possible attacks are two different things. The way I see it is, the only difference between a Clark Kent who has powers and one who doesn't, is the powers. He wants to be a reporter, that's why he stays. Your argument really only hold water, if you wanna say he does away with the CLark Kent SID, entirely.
    The “Clark Kent real” persona still doesn’t make sense because he isn’t a normal regular dude. He is pretending and lying. Period.

His friends are targets regardless because they are still associated closely with Superman knowing his ID or not.
    He can be a reporter but it’s the act that needs to be stopped. As I said there needs to be balance with the complexity of his ID.
    My argument holds when Post-Crisis Superman is hellbent on being something he isn’t and having to be written as psyching himself out and/or belittling himself as just a simple farm boy who happened to get powers.

I mean, at this point, how many people have read that? Also, things have changed and aspects have been given many different reasons. When I mean that it is the point, I meant from decades of stories that tell it that way. We just had a movie where they say he's a reporter to "be able to find shit out and ask questions". Also, it's weird how you're using references that are older than the story you say is outdated. So I'm not sure what to say about this really
    There's nothing outdated about Jerry Siegel's dynamic. Grant Morrison used it in his AC run, Mark Waid did it in Birthright. Byrne used a lot of Jerry Siegel in his run. Johns used it in Secret Origins. Popular stories that uses the dynamic. Smallvile and Superman: Red Son both took from Siegel. Jerry Siegel is the creator, so that's how I judge everyone who writes Superman. I'm bias to the creator. . Yes, that's how it works. The whole point of being a reporter was to get his nose to the ground on crime. The problem is that the character hardly ever does it anymore. What are some noteworthy lengthy storylines that dealt with Clark Kent investigating? At this point, what's even the point of him being a reporter? Most people want to expand his silver age continuity.

I disagree, but to each their own. I think Clark appreciates having a normal life in a way that Bruce tragically has on some level discarded. From a narrative stand point, it just makes much more sense, than the other way. If not, then there's really be no point to have the Clark Kent façade anymore. His desire for a normal life and love or journalism keep are necessary for the SID to stay relevant.
    That's my point with Jerry Siegel, Clark Kent wasn't created to be the facade. Clark Kent/Superman is are the same, they're meant to serve the same purpose doing two different things. However, we can't really get back to that when Superman is battling the likes of Darkseid (which is what most fans want). But, yes, Superman can have a personal life. All heroes can. The personal lives of heroes is something that's overlooked too much. Personally, I don't care about Batman, never been a fan of his. I've always like Superman and Wonder Woman more. I can't say much about the Dark Knight.
    I can say, it's just another facade of who he is. The costume shines light onto the complex character of Bruce Wayne, just like every other hero. That's why I love looking at the evolution of these characters from the creator standpoint, it makes them more complex and fascinating. Rather from the publisher stand point of Earth-1 and Earth-2.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 10-06-2021 at 09:41 PM.

So wanting to understand one’s own culture and celebrate it is being entitled?? How?

Ask John Byrne.

But rejecting and disrespecting one’s heritage while wearing the \S/ or using the powers is acceptable for the benefit of another literal race. To be accepted by more specifically the part of society that has the ever so problematic history of taking from other cultures for their own benefit and claiming as their own while belittling those they took from.

Diana represented celebrating and honoring cultures. Their relationship is about accepting otherness not to conform to any other way but to accept every true part of a person. To celebrate life. But because she dared to do that wanting Superman to do the same as he should, she and their relationship is labeled as bad or taking away humanity. How is being true and acknowledging the truth bad or taking away humanity? What that actually means is taking away Superman from the accepted norm.

Superman is a used a prop to project these outdated problematic views. Being “human” does not mean living a conservative “normal” passing life.
    I don't agree with his assertion, but in 2016 (three years after he released Jupiter's Legacy) Mark Millar stated that Superman was outdated and should be left in the 20th century. His assertion does shed light onto one of Superman's major problems. DC/WB wants to keep him cuddled in an outdated characterization. In Tomasi's Rebirth, Superman was the dad who didn't get video games. In Morrison's AC Clark played video games. I'm not a big fan of how Morrison has written Supes, but his Action Comics is a masterwork in breathing new life the character and DC flopped on that for Superdad. Superdad didn't help his sales and now Clark only has one book after 80+ years.

The “Clark Kent real” persona still doesn’t make sense because he isn’t a normal regular dude. He is pretending and lying. Period.

His friends are targets regardless because they are still associated closely with Superman knowing his ID or not.
    He can be a reporter but it’s the act that needs to be stopped. As I said there needs to be balance with the complexity of his ID.
    My argument holds when Post-Crisis Superman is hellbent on being something he isn’t and having to be written as psyching himself out and/or belittling himself as just a simple farm boy who happened to get powers.
    Wally worked for years with a public identity until Geoff Johns first Flash run, I believe. Heroes can have public identities, but other writers just fall back on "your loved ones will be in trouble" trope. Which reminds me, I need to finish Mark Baron's run. As for Superman, John Byrne effectively, until it was retconned out, stripped Superman of his Kryptonian heritage with the birthing Matrix. Clark's "real" parents was the Kents. That's what he was, a human. An American human at that (American human, was that some phrase back in 1987?). So essentially, there was no otherness with Superman. But, later writers didn't care about that and wrote him as the alien he is.

When it comes to the "Superman's humanity" argument, we all have our own idealized Superman and how he should act. Some folks wants the "he's the most human of us all", others want the pre-Crisis Supergod, or Superdad, even some with the "edgy and dark" New52. So, in the end, it's a moot discussion because everyone won't come to an agreement on the character.

You sure?? Because the (unnecessary and disrespectful) revisionist history at every corner says other wise.
    But the "revisionism" isn't their real history that keep getting acknowledged in articles or encyclopedias.

This is just really sad. After all that push of old status quo being the best ever and suppose to rejuvenate the line and all… they give up. And wow the Superman books are embarrassing.
    As I see it, they won't rely so much on Batman lately, if they didn't give up on the other characters.

Nah, that's not it. Maybe I should've explained it after all, haha. Anyways, I was stuck on the fact I wasn't emphasizing Diana's decision to leave Paradise Island. I felt I ignored the whole thing and it killed my creativity. I attempted to write it in there, but it didn't do any good. Now, I've decided to scrap the whole thing and re-write it. So, I've a three-part arc where I am going to focus on the decision, and do some worldbuilding on the side.

True, this is a fanfic, but that's not the goal of my story. I'm writing something serious.
    Oh lol. I misunderstand.

Wow! These DCEU toy photography pics are just so amazing! Seriously, there’s a whole toy movie trilogy from all of these inspired pics.
    The potential continues to be shown.
    Just a trilogy? For the amount of DCEU SM/WW toy pics I posted, you can get a whole mega-saga like the MCU but sappy, lol.

This was such an utter waste. Clark and Diana actually had a developing organic relationship all for it to end so abrupt off screen and force old status quo that had no development and was done off screen as well and it all ended up pointless given the verse ended in such an awful abrupt way. It made no sense at all.

And all rebooted just to start over with practically the same stuff again is just so uncreative and why it’s difficult to invest in anything.
    Yeah, ideally they should've rebooted that universe with SM/WW still together.

Oh well, they can redo DoS for the unpteeth, lol.

It hasn’t aged well because in modern day, being different and true to one self, standing out from the norm is actually being celebrated more. He is living a lie and pretending to be something he is not. He is suppose to have balance not choose one over the other to fit in. He was never suppose to fit in. He can have a life without acting like he has to be this conservative “normal” “American” “Caucasian” man.
    Post Crisis status quo for Superman is fueled by a xenophobic, borderline racist narrative
    Depends on what you mean by that. I personally love that take, since the whole point to Clark Kent is him getting to relax and have a life. The old reason of it being to find out about crimes first has been irrelevant for years due to his powers getting a major boost and the JL having people like Cyborg to monitor things world wide. It also further shows the dichotomy between him and Bruce, in that Bruce is the mask and Batman is the real persona.
    It's limiting making him just "Clark" or just "Kal" or "Superman", he has to be all of these personas. And above all, Superman as just a regular guy from Kansas change a character adventurous and larger than life into boring and mundane.