Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Superman Wonder Woman fam: The Super Ha’s throwback

Inspired by Gal Gadot’s recent post about the first time she had a fitting for the Wonder Woman costume ❤️
    The first time I cosplayed Wonder Woman was 9 years ago when our kiddos were tiny! Since then, I’ve donned the Lynda Carter version several more times followed by the Gal Gadot version plus the latest golden eagle armor from #WW84. I’ve attended 7 Comic-Cons, been to local Mini-Cons, and read books to the sweetest kids. It’s been an amazing ride. I’m so grateful to be a Wonder Woman DC Ambassador for Warner Bros. I hope 2021 will bring more opportunities for all of us cosplayers to spread more hope, love, and cheer to others.

Last edited by LoveStar; 01-13-2021 at 02:40 PM.

The SuperHas are so adorable!!!

And despite the movies...we keep seeing this persistence of couples and kids to be SMWW. This is exactly the family appeal I spoke of. It's not done just for matching costumes. They KNOW what SMWW represent. Also we know Cap (and Spidey) could easily be Clark and Diana's children too. Cut from the same idealistic, optimistic fabric

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Loving the posts!

As for Jon and Yara. No in my opinion they do not count. No more than Conner and Cassie as Superboy or Wondergirl. They are legacy characters. Not THE Superman who is Clark/ Kal and THE Wonder Woman who is Diana. Heck Artemis and Hippolyta wore the WW costume at one point, we won't suggest they are the same as Diana. The SMWW fans ship the original heroes for a reason. ie Their hx and personalities and dynamic. DC can't come just drag in two relatively new characters and think we will adore them because they wear the costumes. It does not work that way. And even as legacy characters they have no real emotional ties as Conner and Cassie did with the fandom.

Jon is SM son...but he has no hx to speak of and Yara is new. The people who like Rebirth might want this title...maybe they will buy it for Jon but most SMWW fans who I spoke to who love Clark and Diana, they won't be for the reasons as I said.

Rebirth Clark has not even had any close relationship with Diana, the way he did preflashpoint etc. Most of our fandom has complained how DC have done their best to keep the characters isolated from each other, even as besties in the comics and live medium they have not even conversed. Their relationships feels cold and detached. Like people who work in the same company, but, not the close friends who use to confide in and support each other emotionally.

As a result Jon, has very little connection with Diana. The idea DC might try to say Diana is close to the Kent family the way she use to be preflashpoint is very much inaccurate. His dad is close to Batman, he is close to Damien. That is it. Diana use to interact with Conner. We liked Conner because we got to know him. The SMWW fandom loves WW and wants her respected and valued and when writers give her some page time or show she has some value to the Superman mythos the way they treated Batman during Rebirth, we could appreciate that. They use to do it all the time preflashpoint. That was never done by any Superman rebirth writer. So for them to come now to pretend Jon respects Diana as his Dad's friend is a bit much to swallow. What meaningful conversations did he ever have with her? What does Jon even think of her or she of him ? And no that God awful plot where she was raped by the Darkness and had Hunter and gave him up to the Kents to raise after she killed herself does not count.

The SMWW title also belongs to WW. It is shared. The people who supported them for years, as proven by these appreciation threads ,are not just fans because of costumes even if some would try to pretend that is why we ship them. DC needs to understand Future State using legacy characters as say Conner or Cassie was in other bks is well enough for the future and AU. But is is not a substitute for what the fans want and they should not be surprised if fans do not respond to it the way the did to the new 52 SMWW title.

SMWW merchandise is all Clark and Diana and they are aimed at couples. Jon and Yara are not going to be suddenly representative of that. They are not going to generate all the merch we saw off the new 52 from Hot Topic stuff of clothes and accessories, statues, and games like Dicemasters , Heroclix etc. There is no comparison whatsoever.

And on the topic of merch, I see many licensed products and I am pleased but so baffled at DC/ WB bizarre marketing model. Imagine approving so much stuff yet having the couple nowhere in comics or live media. Who are they exactly aiming this at? We know people buy smww stuff regardless but merchandise is something that is pushed even more and sells more when there is a book, tv or movie etc And the funniest thing is the couples they push in movies don't generate that much couples' merch or at least there is limited demand for it. We are looking at a couple that can bring it money for both franchises. WW fans buy WW. SM fans buy SM . SMWW buy BOTH. The couples as we see will pick up the costumes or the tees or caps or onesies or mugs or tumblers or pet clothes. It also is the most family friendly as we have seen. SM and WW are dad/mom and the kids are superboys or wondergirls. While BMCW and Joker/Harley might be popular too, we don't often see families dressing their babies/ kids in the costumes to empower them or use them as themes for special personal events etc. People even get custom SMWW stuff that WB could be making but they need to push the couple in some live media to make general audiences aware of them. The shift to the multiverse can facilitate this but yet one wonders where are the iconic stories where SMWW had a strong presence, be it friends or lovers? I find it so haphazard and myopic , this management of a brand that could be making them real money.
    This. I couldn't have said it better. 👏 Also, it's going to be hard to accept the SM/WW concept being tied to a character that was his creator's gateway to erase SM/WW (the real one) from continuity.

SuperWonder Zipper Shirts

"HIS AND HERS'... Superheroes... I'm her Superman... I'm his Wonder Woman!!! ❤💙❤💙❤💙😜😍🥰❤💙❤💙❤💙❤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJmeuUtlg2i/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-13-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This. I couldn't have said it better. �� Also, it's going to be hard to accept the SM/WW concept being tied to a character that was his creator's gateway to erase SM/WW (the real one) from continuity.
    The positive thing I can say re this is at least they can't blame a non existent SMWW for any of the misses on screen, streaming, comics etc.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-13-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Loving the posts!

As for Jon and Yara. No in my opinion they do not count. No more than Conner and Cassie as Superboy or Wondergirl. They are legacy characters. Not THE Superman who is Clark/ Kal and THE Wonder Woman who is Diana. Heck Artemis and Hippolyta wore the WW costume at one point, we won't suggest they are the same as Diana. The SMWW fans ship the original heroes for a reason. ie Their hx and personalities and dynamic. DC can't come just drag in two relatively new characters and think we will adore them because they wear the costumes. It does not work that way. And even as legacy characters they have no real emotional ties as Conner and Cassie did with the fandom.

Jon is SM son...but he has no hx to speak of and Yara is new. The people who like Rebirth might want this title...maybe they will buy it for Jon but most SMWW fans who I spoke to who love Clark and Diana, they won't be for the reasons as I said.

Rebirth Clark has not even had any close relationship with Diana, the way he did preflashpoint etc. Most of our fandom has complained how DC have done their best to keep the characters isolated from each other, even as besties in the comics and live medium they have not even conversed. Their relationships feels cold and detached. Like people who work in the same company, but, not the close friends who use to confide in and support each other emotionally.

As a result Jon, has very little connection with Diana. The idea DC might try to say Diana is close to the Kent family the way she use to be preflashpoint is very much inaccurate. His dad is close to Batman, he is close to Damien. That is it. Diana use to interact with Conner. We liked Conner because we got to know him. The SMWW fandom loves WW and wants her respected and valued and when writers give her some page time or show she has some value to the Superman mythos the way they treated Batman during Rebirth, we could appreciate that. They use to do it all the time preflashpoint. That was never done by any Superman rebirth writer. So for them to come now to pretend Jon respects Diana as his Dad's friend is a bit much to swallow. What meaningful conversations did he ever have with her? What does Jon even think of her or she of him ? And no that God awful plot where she was raped by the Darkness and had Hunter and gave him up to the Kents to raise after she killed herself does not count.

The SMWW title also belongs to WW. It is shared. The people who supported them for years, as proven by these appreciation threads ,are not just fans because of costumes even if some would try to pretend that is why we ship them. DC needs to understand Future State using legacy characters as say Conner or Cassie was in other bks is well enough for the future and AU. But is is not a substitute for what the fans want and they should not be surprised if fans do not respond to it the way the did to the new 52 SMWW title.

SMWW merchandise is all Clark and Diana and they are aimed at couples. Jon and Yara are not going to be suddenly representative of that. They are not going to generate all the merch we saw off the new 52 from Hot Topic stuff of clothes and accessories, statues, and games like Dicemasters , Heroclix etc. There is no comparison whatsoever.

And on the topic of merch, I see many licensed products and I am pleased but so baffled at DC/ WB bizarre marketing model. Imagine approving so much stuff yet having the couple nowhere in comics or live media. Who are they exactly aiming this at? We know people buy smww stuff regardless but merchandise is something that is pushed even more and sells more when there is a book, tv or movie etc And the funniest thing is the couples they push in movies don't generate that much couples' merch or at least there is limited demand for it. We are looking at a couple that can bring it money for both franchises. WW fans buy WW. SM fans buy SM . SMWW buy BOTH. The couples as we see will pick up the costumes or the tees or caps or onesies or mugs or tumblers or pet clothes. It also is the most family friendly as we have seen. SM and WW are dad/mom and the kids are superboys or wondergirls. While BMCW and Joker/Harley might be popular too, we don't often see families dressing their babies/ kids in the costumes to empower them or use them as themes for special personal events etc. People even get custom SMWW stuff that WB could be making but they need to push the couple in some live media to make general audiences aware of them. The shift to the multiverse can facilitate this but yet one wonders where are the iconic stories where SMWW had a strong presence, be it friends or lovers? I find it so haphazard and myopic , this management of a brand that could be making them real money.
    All of this! Especially the bold.
    Now as we’ve said time and time again, it would be different if smww didn’t sell but it did and still does with all the merch.
    Yeah, not everybody is going to like it. But the support outweighed and proved to be of interest to not only the niche of comics but outside to the general audience.

And despite the movies...we keep seeing this persistence of couples and kids to be SMWW. This is exactly the family appeal I spoke of. It's not done just for matching costumes. They KNOW what SMWW represent. Also we know Cap (and Spidey) could easily be Clark and Diana's children too. Cut from the same idealistic, optimistic fabric
    Nina Ha is the Wonder Woman Ambassador for DC/WB. For her entire family to be involved and think of themselves as “SuperWonder” says a lot and being she is associated with DC/WB to an extent, it should be an eye opener her family is one of many who have this sort of representation.

This. I couldn't have said it better. 👏 Also, it's going to be hard to accept the SM/WW concept being tied to a character that was his creator's gateway to erase SM/WW (the real one) from continuity.
    The blatant spitefulness of this...I will never understand. I mean damn, although they did end up getting their way, long term caused way more damage to everything else being backed into a pointless dead end. It at least would’ve been worth it if DC was in a better position and sales were better but that wasn’t/hasn’t been the case. It still stands that SMWW sold better and using the concept they wanted to kill is just a sad shame.

A nice set of toy pics...

"Wonder Woman and Superman got married and had a baby."

"And now they’re sitting on their couch watching Cobra Kai with us."

"Settling down for the night. Apparently, they co-sleep."

https://twitter.com/JennMGreenberg/s...90314229227520

A nice set of toy pics...

"Wonder Woman and Superman got married and had a baby."

"And now they’re sitting on their couch watching Cobra Kai with us."

"Settling down for the night. Apparently, they co-sleep."

https://twitter.com/JennMGreenberg/s...90314229227520
    Ah baby has taken after blond grandmas, ie Hippolyta and or Lara.

supeswonder1.jpg

where can these statues be found? When did they come out? I'd like to get these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    supeswonder1.jpg

where can these statues be found? When did they come out? I'd like to get these.
    WOW those are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Click on the links.
    https://www.ozziecollectables.com/co...edition-statue

https://www.ozziecollectables.com/co...edition-statue

Ikon Collectibles is Australia's and New Zealand's distributor of merch.

https://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/

"🦸*♀️ There are great heroes among us 🦸*♀️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJEqXo-D9tR/

Lately, little Cap dressed as SM too. I guess he had to fit in the DC fam after his mom became DC's ambassador. lol

The positive thing I can say re this is at least they can't blame a non existent SMWW for any of the misses on screen, streaming, comics etc.
    Wonder who's to blame now?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    All of this! Especially the bold.
    Now as we’ve said time and time again, it would be different if smww didn’t sell but it did and still does with all the merch.
    Yeah, not everybody is going to like it. But the support outweighed and proved to be of interest to not only the niche of comics but outside to the general audience.
    Ironically, more than ever, everything from current DC (Infinite Frontier/Future State/5G) seems more aimed to the casuals than your traditional DC fans.

Nina Ha is the Wonder Woman Ambassador for DC/WB. For her entire family to be involved and think of themselves as “SuperWonder” says a lot and being she is associated with DC/WB to an extent, it should be an eye opener her family is one of many who have this sort of representation.
    I saw some of their videos promoting DC products, they often pop up under the #supermanandwonderwoman tag.

The blatant spitefulness of this...I will never understand. I mean damn, although they did end up getting their way, long term caused way more damage to everything else being backed into a pointless dead end. It at least would’ve been worth it if DC was in a better position and sales were better but that wasn’t/hasn’t been the case. It still stands that SMWW sold better and using the concept they wanted to kill is just a sad shame.
    And the irony for both parties is that we are ending up with this sort of New52/Rebirth mash-up with SM/WW replacements that will not please anybody from both camps. 🙃

Ah baby has taken after blond grandmas, ie Hippolyta and or Lara.
    Perhaps. lol.

Wonder who's to blame now?
    Oh there are still some who did blame new52 and SMWW as it just never should’ve happened.

Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.
    It’s just weird that all the expectations of what should’ve been more of what true fans supposedly wanted wasn’t quite met. And if this was all true and how it suppose to be, why the hell is it so messy and doesn’t make sense?

Ironically, more than ever, everything from current DC (Infinite Frontier/Future State/5G) seems more aimed to the casuals than your traditional DC fans.
    I believe Scott Snyder said it’s new52 unique exciting approach of “fresh”/“new” but still trying to maintain traditional stuff...something like that.

Idk how exactly that’s going to work.
    Old house new paint mindset.....

I saw some of their videos promoting DC products, they often pop up under the #supermanandwonderwoman tag.
    This here is why I just don’t understand the disconnect. SMWW is good with promo of merch but anything other than that is being made so difficult

And the irony for both parties is that we are ending up with this sort of New52/Rebirth mash-up with SM/WW replacements that will not please anybody from both camps. 🙃
    Just like the half assed reborn stuff. Trying to mish-mash stuff together that doesn’t fit won’t work dilutes everything and doesn’t have appeal.

Who was the target audience for this?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Oh there are still some who did blame new52 and SMWW as it just never should’ve happened.

Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.
    It’s just weird that all the expectations of what should’ve been more of what true fans supposedly wanted wasn’t quite met. And if this was all true and how it suppose to be, why the hell is it so messy and doesn’t make sense?
    Double standards as usual.

I believe Scott Snyder said it’s new52 unique exciting approach of “fresh”/“new” but still trying to maintain traditional stuff...something like that.

Idk how exactly that’s going to work.
    Old house new paint mindset.....
    Yep, I too read his interview.

Idk, mixing old & new? Traditional characters are left unchanged and share the spotlight with new ones?

This here is why I just don’t understand the disconnect. SMWW is good with promo of merch but anything other than that is being made so difficult
    I don't get it either. 🤷

Just like the half assed reborn stuff. Trying to mish-mash stuff together that doesn’t fit won’t work dilutes everything and doesn’t have appeal.

Who was the target audience for this?
    New/young/casual readers, no?