Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Superman/Wonder Woman wedding anniversary

"Beautiful Superman and Wonder Woman cake topper that we used for our silver wedding anniversary. It graces the dining room. It is forever to remember that very special day. Some people think that a couple who has been together for almost 30 years is a super couple, but it is not easy. Happy marriages don't happen by luck or fate, they are grounded and depend a lot on the spouses' will to make it work, prosper and be eternal. Guys, we've spent more than half of our lives together... He's my boy and I'm his girl. Friends, companions and lovers. 💝 💝 💝 💝 💝"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    We’ve seen so many engagements, weddings, paternity and family shoots. Representation/inspiration of family diversity, acceptance, relatability, and SMWW is definitely a huge part of real life milestones. The creatively is quite overwhelming and something DC/WB should’ve had already paid attention to.
    Yeah, like it's highlighted in the posts/pics above. 😉

Like JPG, DC can easily have smww comics companion to these events. I mean Hot Topic had rings. And whighlightede see people love the smww rings as many as we’ve posted here. The “I am his/her Superman/Wonder Woman shirts, and the branding for merch is “power couple”/”love birds”.
    DC really needs to show respect for the pair in general and of its positive influence and success. They are in a toss up now, but smww has shown to be a guarantee.
    I'm sure that DC makes a lot of money from the SM/WW merch (and, I guess, the artists has a percentage too, like Daniel for his illustration used for the various "Lovebirds" SM/WW merch). The companies producing licensed merch sure makes money, or we wouldn't keep seeing new official SM/WW merch with regularity. The market for SM/WW has already proven to be there.

Lego Superman/Wonder Woman Photography:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away. (Excerption Maya Angelou)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEep7ZSJzvj/

"Diana loves it when her Kal goes barechested. 😂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEqv_pnHtDp/

"For today’s theme of collaboration is: #Couplesretreat"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfKCAVgJPl/

"Little romantic break for Wonder Woman and Superman. A bench, a couple skating by the light of the lampposts, two singers..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCBOqQJFXG/

"❤️ #dianaandkal #powercouple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEer8NXF-P9/

"🎄#merrychristmas"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMHERbBD63/

"Icecream🍦🤍"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CIfiT8FJOVo/

"Great weather for a super hike 😉."
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHTdrtZD4Cu/

"Superman and Wonder Woman"
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...09155635810069

"Diana of Themiscira with Angel wings, a Wonder Woman, the Paparazzi taking photos, as in concert."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIhOpHajLBm/

"Who would win between #WonderWoman vs #Superman?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIUEhJLDF8O/

"It's time! 🏫"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEj-82KCt81/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

AFAIK, he's set to mentoring Batgirl. I assume if they'll relaunch JL, Barbara will be the bat-person in the league. This should leave SM/WW in a more prominent position. Doubt they'll write them taking order from a rookie Batgirl. 😂
    That would be extremely awkward and just so off base as they already have been. As of now, they can’t do anything weird like this though. They need to grab the audiences the right way.

It could've been easier to have her returning for decades to the island after the war was over if they wanted to stick with the BvS/JL continuity. Anyway, just ignore the plot holes in the next movie and move on.
    Return to the island or just have her actually start period in present day. They really didn’t think any of this through. Timelines just all wonky. Throwing the tiara at cameras was dumb when thousands actually saw her. What was she gonna do? Have one of those MIB Flashers?

It still can be referenced anytime by any writer or even building upon that period of storylines without thinking much how it's supposed to fit in the current continuity. 🤔
    Referred is not the same as actually properly exploring. This is just diluting everything and still nothing makes sense. These characters aren’t the same era to era.

I'm sure that DC makes a lot of money from the SM/WW merch (and, I guess, the artists has a percentage too, like Daniel for his illustration used for the various "Lovebirds" SM/WW merch). The companies producing licensed merch sure makes money, or we wouldn't keep seeing new official SM/WW merch with regularity. The market for SM/WW has already proven to be there.
    Oh I forgot that?! I hope Daniel is getting a percentage.

It’s still just not computing how other companies see the value of SMWW but DC who owns them don’t??

Do Yara and Jon count?

Superman & Wonder Woman community service

"So thankful for Wonder Woman & Superman for stopping by Crockett Cinemas for a meet & greet! #BlessedCommunity"

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    That would be extremely awkward and just so off base as they already have been. As of now, they can’t do anything weird like this though. They need to grab the audiences the right way.
    Exactly.

Return to the island or just have her actually start period in present day. They really didn’t think any of this through. Timelines just all wonky. Throwing the tiara at cameras was dumb when thousands actually saw her. What was she gonna do? Have one of those MIB Flashers?
    I guess it's again a compromise of 2 clashing visions.

lol at the MIB flashers.

Referred is not the same as actually properly exploring. This is just diluting everything and still nothing makes sense. These characters aren’t the same era to era.
    They aren't the same. But SM/WW had at least a will they/won't they in every era.

Oh I forgot that?! I hope Daniel is getting a percentage.

It’s still just not computing how other companies see the value of SMWW but DC who owns them don’t??
    Isn't DC seeing again the value of SM/WW? Just not with the right SM/WW. 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Do Yara and Jon count?
    It really depends on who you ask. 😂

I guess it's again a compromise of 2 clashing visions.

lol at the MIB flashers.
    They’ve been trying to compromise a lot and there’s no median to anything

You know it’s true. That’s exactly what they act like, the lasso or her god lighting power is the flasher.

They aren't the same. But SM/WW had at least a will they/won't they in every era.
    It’s like trying to fit puzzle pieces that just doesn’t fit/connect. Each era had something unique. Even with “core basics” it still gave something of it’s own path. Trying to force everything all as one and ending up as one dead end as they are now is just not good.

Isn't DC seeing again the value of SM/WW? Just not with the right SM/WW. 🙃
    That makes it more of an insult really.
    SMWW can have branded merch but in other medias forcing their dynamic on rip offs or other characters....that’s just pointless, contradictory and counterproductive

It really depends on who you ask. 😂
    Basically....

Loving the posts!

As for Jon and Yara. No in my opinion they do not count. No more than Conner and Cassie as Superboy or Wondergirl. They are legacy characters. Not THE Superman who is Clark/ Kal and THE Wonder Woman who is Diana. Heck Artemis and Hippolyta wore the WW costume at one point, we won't suggest they are the same as Diana. The SMWW fans ship the original heroes for a reason. ie Their hx and personalities and dynamic. DC can't come just drag in two relatively new characters and think we will adore them because they wear the costumes. It does not work that way. And even as legacy characters they have no real emotional ties as Conner and Cassie did with the fandom.

Jon is SM son...but he has no hx to speak of and Yara is new. The people who like Rebirth might want this title...maybe they will buy it for Jon but most SMWW fans who I spoke to who love Clark and Diana, they won't be for the reasons as I said.

Rebirth Clark has not even had any close relationship with Diana, the way he did preflashpoint etc. Most of our fandom has complained how DC have done their best to keep the characters isolated from each other, even as besties in the comics and live medium they have not even conversed. Their relationships feels cold and detached. Like people who work in the same company, but, not the close friends who use to confide in and support each other emotionally.

As a result Jon, has very little connection with Diana. The idea DC might try to say Diana is close to the Kent family the way she use to be preflashpoint is very much inaccurate. His dad is close to Batman, he is close to Damien. That is it. Diana use to interact with Conner. We liked Conner because we got to know him. The SMWW fandom loves WW and wants her respected and valued and when writers give her some page time or show she has some value to the Superman mythos the way they treated Batman during Rebirth, we could appreciate that. They use to do it all the time preflashpoint. That was never done by any Superman rebirth writer. So for them to come now to pretend Jon respects Diana as his Dad's friend is a bit much to swallow. What meaningful conversations did he ever have with her? What does Jon even think of her or she of him ? And no that God awful plot where she was raped by the Darkness and had Hunter and gave him up to the Kents to raise after she killed herself does not count.

The SMWW title also belongs to WW. It is shared. The people who supported them for years, as proven by these appreciation threads ,are not just fans because of costumes even if some would try to pretend that is why we ship them. DC needs to understand Future State using legacy characters as say Conner or Cassie was in other bks is well enough for the future and AU. But is is not a substitute for what the fans want and they should not be surprised if fans do not respond to it the way the did to the new 52 SMWW title.

SMWW merchandise is all Clark and Diana and they are aimed at couples. Jon and Yara are not going to be suddenly representative of that. They are not going to generate all the merch we saw off the new 52 from Hot Topic stuff of clothes and accessories, statues, and games like Dicemasters , Heroclix etc. There is no comparison whatsoever.

And on the topic of merch, I see many licensed products and I am pleased but so baffled at DC/ WB bizarre marketing model. Imagine approving so much stuff yet having the couple nowhere in comics or live media. Who are they exactly aiming this at? We know people buy smww stuff regardless but merchandise is something that is pushed even more and sells more when there is a book, tv or movie etc And the funniest thing is the couples they push in movies don't generate that much couples' merch or at least there is limited demand for it. We are looking at a couple that can bring it money for both franchises. WW fans buy WW. SM fans buy SM . SMWW buy BOTH. The couples as we see will pick up the costumes or the tees or caps or onesies or mugs or tumblers or pet clothes. It also is the most family friendly as we have seen. SM and WW are dad/mom and the kids are superboys or wondergirls. While BMCW and Joker/Harley might be popular too, we don't often see families dressing their babies/ kids in the costumes to empower them or use them as themes for special personal events etc. People even get custom SMWW stuff that WB could be making but they need to push the couple in some live media to make general audiences aware of them. The shift to the multiverse can facilitate this but yet one wonders where are the iconic stories where SMWW had a strong presence, be it friends or lovers? I find it so haphazard and myopic , this management of a brand that could be making them real money.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-13-2021 at 01:31 PM.