Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1237

SuperWonder Halloween Tattoo Photoshoot

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I read through the 2020 the thread and found it interesting that Last Son of Krypton pulled out some interesting panels of Superman and Wonder Woman from the pre-crisis. Reading through the issues myself, I noticed lots of times Diana and Clark would be randomly put together. Like, standing side-by-side or Superman carrying Wonder Woman for no reason. Which is why I posted that page from #7 first. I believe the fans keep writing in about Superman and Wonder Woman from the first issue (or well before that), they wanted to see them team up more. Remember one thing: the creative team wouldn't have done it, if the readers didn't want to see it more (of course, there was backlash, this is Superman and Wonder Woman we're talking about. :P). Back then, DC Comics used the fan opinions to write their stories (I'll explain that later on). We can assume many fans wanted this and DC happily indulged them, which escalated all the way to the New52. Before I continue: This is me giving my opinion, I can be wrong if older readers (or knowledgeable readers) from that time come here to say I am. Back on topic, something very interesting about Superman and Wonder Woman though. The two characters broke some new grounds for DC Comics. In a time where romance was nonexistent in the JLA book, the creative team played into shipping. Anyways, I look at these issues as unintentional building blocks, I doubt they would've knew Superman/Wonder Woman would be going strong in 2021. So, 1961-1968, nothing really romantic or kissy-kissy, but important nonetheless. I skipped the first few issues which had some panels, I'll get to those down the road. post-#7 is when they really went into it.

The 44th page of the TPB 2, Justice League of America #10! Superman telling Diana: "We've got to stop them Wonder Woman!". Not: "We've got to stop them Wonder Woman and Martin Manhunter!" or "We've got to stop them!" Nope. It's sad J'onn was like the third wheel in this page. He doesn't even line up with their panels. Superman and Wonder Woman is on the left, and he's on the right. Still, nice way to open the page for this issue. (This page really doomed him.) Another thing, this issue is Superman's first active appearance in a while, rather than"absent on assignment" or a cameo. For those who don't know, Superman and Batman wasn't used as much for years of the book. At the time they (DC Comics) thought their two most popular characters didn't need to appear in it often. So, Supes first time back was spent working with Wonder Woman, Martin Manhunter, the Flash, and some more team-ups. (look I don't read, I glance okay?). Being honest, there's an interesting story here with the army from various time periods, very Doctor Who-y. #11 had some panels of them "randomly together", but nothing important. Lastly, the first appearance of Felix Faust and a villain named Time Lord.

This page is from #12. It's the first appearance of Doctor Light. Don't you guys love how they alluded to a Superman and Wonder Woman team-up? I did. Notice Hal is looking like: Superman and Wonder Woman really makes a nice couple. Also, did Snapper walk over to get Diana? These are probably the best Superman drawings by Sekowsky that wasn't all blocky. My thoughts are wild. But yeah, issues #10-11 teased a Superman and Wonder Woman team up, and they fully got it in #12. Man, DC really spoiled them. While y'all been heartbroken since 2016. :P

This page here:

You guys may recognize this panel from the 2020 thread. Note Superman has no reason to continue carrying Diana, she seems perfectly fine to me. I guess he wanted to make sure she was okay. What a nice fellow Can you guys imagine the exchange they had?

Wonder Woman: You can put me down now.
    Superman: Sorry, Wonder Woman. I'm just used to this because of Lois.

Well, gonna wrap it up here. I can't add anymore pictures. I'll be doing issues 13-15. #15 has a page y'all may enjoy (I like/hate it). Attached the in-page cover from #10.
    I think I posted the pre-Crisis panels in an older thread, but maybe they were linked again in the 2020 one. 🤔

Btw, about what you wrote... I posted some letters from the 70s/80s by WW fans requesting to pair SM/WW or speculating there was something more going on between them (perhaps there were already this type of requests earlier in the 60s and I missed them, idk). Also, there used to be many older fans in this forum that started shipping SM/WW during the 70s.

Afaik, since SM/WW appeared in the same pages, writers and readers speculated about the potential pair, and said writers teased it more and more with each decade. Even Marston had them sort of dancing and calling the match "appropriate". lol.

SuperWonder masks

“What’s a Beast without his Beauty? And Superman needs a Wonder Woman....”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN6I_fLJbOG/

“#couplegoals❤ masks!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPm5ETmlUbR/

“Super Heroes Custom Masks 💖”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvm658hyjM/

“When #Superman meets #WonderWoman”

https://twitter.com/61lb3rt0/status/1405749570387079172

"Good morning my loveeeeee..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSMPutMADF8/

"#superman #wonderwoman #couple #married"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSuvSKDrXcN/

“We have Superman and Wonder Woman face coverings available in store or online from Techneek.ie”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUX2LcjNgSO/

“T-shirt + personalized face mask 🤪⚡”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVXI848LvgZ/

“Strong characters are marked by strong icons”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVYecEJAVQE/

Superman loves Wonder Woman (part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think I posted the pre-Crisis panels in an older thread, but maybe they were linked again in the 2020 one. ��

Btw, about what you wrote... I posted some letters from the 70s/80s by WW fans requesting to pair SM/WW or speculating there was something more going on between them (perhaps there were already this type of requests earlier in the 60s and I missed them, idk). Also, there used to be many older fans in this forum that started shipping SM/WW during the 70s.

Afaik, since SM/WW appeared in the same pages, writers and readers speculated about the potential pair, and said writers teased it more and more with each decade. Even Marston had them sort of dancing and calling the match "appropriate". lol.
    SMWW will always populate people's imagination as best friends or as a couple, it's natural, it's true. No matter what mental gymnastics DC does, the moment they're next to each other on the same panel or have a dialogue people will imagine them or think of them as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    SMWW will always populate people's imagination as best friends or as a couple, it's natural, it's true. No matter what mental gymnastics DC does, the moment they're next to each other on the same panel or have a dialogue people will imagine them or think of them as a couple.
    Exactly. This is how they started to be paired together in comics or merch.

It's obvious that in panels like this below, it was the writer voicing his own belief through a character (Barry).

Hypothetically, if you were making a Black Adam movie, would you want that to eventually lead to a showdown with Superman at some point down the road?

Garcia:
    The truth is, there’s a reason why we say that when Black Adam comes into the DC universe, the hierarchy of power is going to change. And there’s very few established figures who would be able to go toe to toe with Black Adam. I think as established right now in the DC cinematic universe, you look at Wonder Woman and at Superman as two characters that would have a shot, maybe if they work together, because hey…it’s Black Adam, right?

https://www.thewrap.com/black-adam-m...cia-interview/
    OMG… this is like so simple to get going. BUT DC/WB has an issue with all the right things being said or even right in the face but screw up execution. Superman/Wonder Woman are a team together, tons of source material to support that. Build up their partnership as it should’ve been and bring on the epic fight.

This view is so 80s, it doesn't resonate anymore with the modern audience.
    Exactly. And they wonder why Superman still struggles with bare minimum relevance 🙃

I don't think it ever was. But the Deathstroke arc picked the abandoned Doom's Doorway subplot from Soule's run and featured both Clark and Diana together.
    Well in that case, skip this storyline I guess or it could be revamped back to original intent as well as Soule finishing his other ideas.

You cheated. lol.

Btw, nice to see SM/WW being again one of the main Halloween couple costume even this year.
    LOL!! Well if we were to do individual pics as past years, we would’ve been posting through December. We cut a few kids photos and pets but it was still a lot LOL

I did miss the single pic posting because of the unique captions. I love seeing how so many just know SMWW is THE Power Couple. Also, saw lots of professional photo shoots and a few celebs/social influencers.

Yeah SMWW is one of the top “matching couples” costumes of Halloween. This is the time we truly see the wider more diverse impact of SMWW.

IDK still funny seeing the new52 aesthetic applied to the retro-nostalgic Secret Origins.

This was unexpected as well. So many cute TikToks!

I think I posted the pre-Crisis panels in an older thread, but maybe they were linked again in the 2020 one. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

Exactly. This is how they started to be paired together in comics or merch.

It's obvious that in panels like this below, it was the writer voicing his own belief through a character (Barry).

Superman and Wonder Woman’s dynamic has so much potential. As Last Son pointed out, a multifaceted relationship that can be explored from so many different views/perspectives.
    They are a natural coupling and that’s not a bad thing. What’s bad is the obvious double standard that even BatCat can be praised for “matching” with their aesthetic and romanticizing of a dysfunctional relationship, however SMWW is belittled or crapped on for it. Decades of teases and build, it’s there, just needs to be respected and given the proper chance again.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    OMG… this is like so simple to get going. BUT DC/WB has an issue with all the right things being said or even right in the face but screw up execution. Superman/Wonder Woman are a team together, tons of source material to support that. Build up their partnership as it should’ve been and bring on the epic fight.
    Black Adam & Isis vs. Superman & Wonder Woman. Let's do it, WB!

Exactly. And they wonder why Superman still struggles with bare minimum relevance 🙃
    He made people talking when they believed he turned out gay lol.

Well in that case, skip this storyline I guess or it could be revamped back to original intent as well as Soule finishing his other ideas.
    Yeah, it could be revamped to remove Deathstroke and be solely centered on SM/WW.

LOL!! Well if we were to do individual pics as past years, we would’ve been posting through December. We cut a few kids photos and pets but it was still a lot LOL

I did miss the single pic posting because of the unique captions. I love seeing how so many just know SMWW is THE Power Couple. Also, saw lots of professional photo shoots and a few celebs/social influencers.

Yeah SMWW is one of the top “matching couples” costumes of Halloween. This is the time we truly see the wider more diverse impact of SMWW.
    Maybe even through January. More than 300 pics are a lot to post, lol.

Yeah, reading also the captions make it funnier, but, among the 2021's captions, I didn't see anything much different we haven't read the past Halloweens.